Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 17, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #18,016 of 19,125
Has anyone got a tested and working internet radio URL for me to try out on my Poly? Preferably prog rock if possible :)

I want to try again since the GoFigure app update.....

Cheers, Bob
Has anyone else had their Poly fail after trying to install the new (9/23) firmware update? Mine said Device Disconnected during the upgrade. Now it says it has firmware 3.2, but is silent. (All other variables checked, I think.)

Aug 17, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #18,017 of 19,125
Just a quick note about the Chord Poly 3.2 update. . .
1) It took my poly less than a minute to update. Obviously this concerned me, but it's clearly installed and working.
2) In case it's not obvious (it wasn't for me), "convenience switching" means that you don't need to switch manually between 'Roon' and 'Everything else' It will do this automatically and instantly now depending on what source you choose, for example, between Roon and the onboard SD card.
3) After updating, my iPhone had trouble finding the Roon core but this was fixed with a reboot of the phone (running iOS 17 beta 6).

Sandy

Aug 17, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #18,018 of 19,125
Has anyone else had their Poly fail after trying to install the new (9/23) firmware update? Mine said Device Disconnected during the upgrade. Now it says it has firmware 3.2, but is silent. (All other variables checked, I think.)
Mine done the same and when I tried to install the firmware again it said I had the latest 3.2.0 version installed.

Aug 17, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #18,019 of 19,125
Mine said my firmware was up to date at 3.0 but also offered me an update button. which I pressed.
It warned me the app would shut itself down - it didn't but it did show a progress bar for about a minute then declare it had lost contact with the poly.
Everything seemed fine from there.
I've not experienced any difference of function yet.

Aug 18, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #18,021 of 19,125
Aug 19, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #18,023 of 19,125
I see that there is a poly update, I found out about this last night but decided to update it today.

So I turn on my poly which is connected to my charger, I go to the device settings and it is showing the firmware as being 3.2.0 so I pushed the update firmware button, I see an orange line move about 5mm and then poly rebooted and its showing I have the latest firmware of 3.2.0.

Now here comes the weird part, my mojo n poly has been sitting in a protective foam lined box for over a month and I haven’t used it for over a month so how did it manage to update itself from 3.0 to 3.2.0 ? As I never did it as I only found out about the update last night and when I went to the device settings page, it was already using 3.2.0.

Thats weird as F

Aug 19, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #18,024 of 19,125
Just to add, it took 30 seconds to 1 minute to update the already magical update that I never did, but the automatic playback mode is cool, no need to switch between roon and everything else mode.

Poly was a nightmare upon release, but from firmware version 3.0 to 3.2.0 has redeemed chord in my eyes, 3.0 was good enough, but 3.2.0 so far has been cool as F with my limited time of using it.

Well done lads, might buy me mojo 2 now 💯% 👍🏻 😎

Aug 19, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #18,025 of 19,125
As a former 2Go owner, I couldn't help but notice that Poly's GoFigure interface still contains references to Roon Ready mode and Other Music Services.
I find this rather confusing and irrelevant since the release of automatic mode switching.

Aug 19, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #18,027 of 19,125
Have you updated your Poly yet?
Yes, showing 3.2.0 and automated mode switching works.

EDIT: iOS app has been updated to reflect the change. Not the Android app though...

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #18,029 of 19,125
As a former 2Go owner, I couldn't help but notice that Poly's GoFigure interface still contains references to Roon Ready mode and Other Music Services.
I find this rather confusing and irrelevant since the release of automatic mode switching.
My thoughts are that as I didn’t know what the change meant, when I went to change mode I saw it was automatically changing now and therefore understood the update. That probably will stop a few people being confused and maybe it’ll be phased out in a future release.

Aug 19, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #18,030 of 19,125

There is no references to Roon or Everything Else, that has completely been deleted, but one problem I’m having is, no radio stations come up and when trying to listen to music on the sd card, it finds them but goes back into a refresh loop, so I can’t use the sd card or the radio on it, maybe a poly reset to factory defaults is needed ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back