Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 16, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #18,001 of 18,774
Where is spotify connect? So glad i sold mine and never going back to poly. the endless times i wanted to use it only to find out that the battery was dead, the crashes and bugs made me to give up on it.
Other than that you liked it. :wink:

I'm not at all surprised to not see an MPD update, if it ain't broke don't fix it applies here, especially if you have to pay a contract S/W company to do all your updates.

Aug 16, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #18,002 of 18,774
Other than that you liked it. :wink:

I'm not at all surprised to not see an MPD update, if it ain't broke don't fix it applies here, especially if you have to pay a contract S/W company to do all your updates.
While Chord’s implementation of MPD has worked fine for me, it would be much more convenient if Chord had upgraded it to a version that reads embedded album art so I do not have to manually add a cover.jpg file in each album directory.

Aug 16, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #18,003 of 18,774
I'm not sure I understand the updates, but perhaps it's obvious once my firmware update completes (I'm typing this whilst that happens):
  • [EDIT: I got it as soon as I started using it, a good update] Convenience switching - what is inconvenient switching, I must not have experienced this or use Poly differently, but it's not apparent what this means.
  • LED tweaks - does that mean it's off when Mojo is too now or what benefit does this bring except some additional battery life?
I'm looking forward to Canjam on the weekend and seeing how many different different ways I have to use my phone to use it each time I try. Hopefully this is improved because I reused an old phone as a control device because I couldn't make it work the same way each time with my actual phone. 10 minutes of each journey frustratingly wasted working out which combination of bluetooth, phone hotspot or Poly was going to work and once connected would the connection stay up and would the player app recognise Poly anyway.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #18,004 of 18,774
What does "We recommend leaving the unit alone whilst it is updating, to ensure the process can run without any interruptions." mean?

must the Mojo not be connected during the update?
No one responded yet, if you are still hesitating: Mojo(1 or 2) has to be connected to poly to apply the update.
Concerning Apple update with regard to beta status: I am a bit surprised they release a Version 17 beta while version 16 contains still such serious flaws that makes v16 (iPadOS) deserve the flag "still in beta".

Aug 16, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #18,005 of 18,774
What does "We recommend leaving the unit alone whilst it is updating, to ensure the process can run without any interruptions." mean?

must the Mojo not be connected during the update?

P.s.: I'm also really sorry about the missing MPD update, I was waiting for nothing else with this update
"leaving the unit alone" ? In common english usage 'leaving something alone' means don't touch/interfere with it.

Aug 16, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #18,006 of 18,774
No one responded yet, if you are still hesitating: Mojo(1 or 2) has to be connected to poly to apply the update.
Concerning Apple update with regard to beta status: I am a bit surprised they release a Version 17 beta while version 16 contains still such serious flaws that makes v16 (iPadOS) deserve the flag "still in beta".
I just ran the update. I took less than 5 minutes. When you begin, Go Figure makes clear that Poly must be connected to Mojo, the Poly/Mojo pair must be charging, and Poly’s SD card slot should be empty. Go Figure also advises that you should not exit Go Figure during the update as that may interrupt the update process.

Aug 16, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #18,007 of 18,774
Nearly an hour later. Not one dropout using Roon ARC :pray:
How does that compare to your pre-update experience? How many dropouts did you typically experience in an hour?

Much better, but it’s only been an hour...

Dropouts- it varies (varied, maybe???). On average, about every 15 minutes. Sometimes none for an hour. The dropouts only occur when I am using Roon ARC, and then I learned it was broader to include Apple AirPlay (which is a requirement for Roon ARC).

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #18,011 of 18,774
The new F/W's "convenience switching" switching updates shouldn't be underestimated. I've just swapped between Roon ARC (Airplay) then to local Roon on my Wifi and then to Mconnect DLNA streaming from Qobuz over mobile data seamlessly. Its still early days but if this always works this reliably now then perhaps we have finally got 70% or even more of what the Poly was promised to be able to deliver at launch.

I like F/W version 3.2.0 so far. :)

Aug 17, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #18,014 of 18,774
Watch out for the volume adjustment of the Maximize MPD IOS application or MPD Control Android application.
If you decrease the volume in this application, Gofigure seems unable to return the volume to 100 percent. Action on the Bitperfect buttons in Gofigure does not restore the BIT PERFECT volume. The restart of the Mojo and Poly does not restore the sound to the maximum volume either.
The new firmware has not corrected the situation.

Edit: What are the Bit Perfect buttons useful with Poly?

Edit 2 : With the 2GO, It works.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #18,015 of 18,774
I'm not sure I understand the updates, but perhaps it's obvious once my firmware update completes (I'm typing this whilst that happens):
  • [EDIT: I got it as soon as I started using it, a good update] Convenience switching - what is inconvenient switching, I must not have experienced this or use Poly differently, but it's not apparent what this means.
  • LED tweaks - does that mean it's off when Mojo is too now or what benefit does this bring except some additional battery life?
I'm looking forward to Canjam on the weekend and seeing how many different different ways I have to use my phone to use it each time I try. Hopefully this is improved because I reused an old phone as a control device because I couldn't make it work the same way each time with my actual phone. 10 minutes of each journey frustratingly wasted working out which combination of bluetooth, phone hotspot or Poly was going to work and once connected would the connection stay up and would the player app recognise Poly anyway.
I managed to install the update. I will have to wait to test it. I went on holiday and remembered to pack Mojo2 & Poly. I forgot to pack my headphones 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back