Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 20, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #17,761 of 19,125
+1
just one thing to add, the long life span of the battery is to a great amount due to her gentle charging speed.
I use two adapters at 2A each and I always charge the Mojo 2 and the Poly separately.

The duration of the charge of the Poly satisfies me, a little less than that of the Mojo 2, since the beginning it has never been very long-lived, maybe it's me listening to music at not exactly low levels

Apr 20, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #17,762 of 19,125
Honestly, I prefer to take the necessary precautions rather than having to intervene invasively to replace a prematurely degraded battery or having to buy the same device a second time
I can understand we wouldn't want the battery to catch fire and burn you on a bonfire on Nov 5th. :wink:

I still think you are worrying unduly though, as I said the Poly has been out for six years now and although early F/W was plagued with many issues, unless anyone can comment and prove me wrong I haven't read any reports of failed batteries. I bet the battery is good for 1-2K charges and would still have a SOH of 80%+

Apr 20, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #17,763 of 19,125
I use two adapters at 2A each and I always charge the Mojo 2 and the Poly separately.

The duration of the charge of the Poly satisfies me, a little less than that of the Mojo 2, since the beginning it has never been very long-lived, maybe it's me listening to music at not exactly low levels
That process risks wearing out the micro USB plugs and sockets and IMHO is not good advice.

Apr 20, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #17,764 of 19,125
That process risks wearing out the micro USB plugs and sockets and [...]
This is also very true. but is plugging in and out better than permanent desktop mode? I think we will never know, unless…

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #17,765 of 19,125
you are right too :ksc75smile:

I read in your signature that you also own the iFi Micro iDSD Signature, I'm looking for direct comparisons but I couldn't find any reviews comparing them and no opinions on the forums.

Can you briefly comment on your preference between the Mojo 2 + Poly vs Micro iDSD Signature? the comparison that interests me is only exclusively about sound quality.
Direct comparisons about sound no way micro idsd sig can win mojo2 poly. The mojo2 poly x2 expensive than micro idsd sig. Mojo2 poly sound fit my taste much better, puchy bass, energetic treble, much more details and separation, wide sound stage. micro idsd sig probably win about power, it's can make HE6se sound right at low volume before I crank the volume higher and distortion happen. Micro idsd sig have smooth, gentle signature.
I advise you to avoid bringing the batteries to full discharge too often, this applies to all devices that use lithium batteries, but put them in charge at about 20/15%. I charge my Mojo as soon as the led turns red.

As for the Poly instead I charge it together with the Mojo with a residue of about 40% since the Mojo2 tends to discharge before the Poly.

IMHO people worry way too much about batteries, yes the battery will degrade but if its still at 80% SOH in 12-18 months I would be fine with that. If the SOH does drop enough such that it doesn't last for a whole day's use I have three options 1. Get Chord to replace the battery. 2. Find a suitable replacement battery and replace it myself. 3. Buy a new Poly.

I've not seen any reports on any Poly batteries failing to date and I believe the Poly has been out for around five of six years now hasn't it?

+1
just one thing to add, the long life span of the battery is to a great amount due to her gentle charging speed.
I still think 5hrs+ to charge is ancient technology for today. It's not harmful the battery for fast charging. Everybody have smart phone with fast charging, right? Their charging current depends on battery temperature so it perfectly safe. My phone battery still 90% after 2yrs.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #17,766 of 19,125
I still think 5hrs+ to charge is ancient technology for today. It's not harmful the battery for fast charging. Everybody have smart phone with fast charging, right? Their charging current depends on battery temperature so it perfectly safe. My phone battery still 90% after 2yrs.
So for today you are right with regard to mobile use, for which it was lastly designed for. But we should not forget that at the time poly appeared, we had this technology only three or four years established for the normal user, correct me if I'm wrong. And there is the time between design start and market selling also. And what has to be changed in the design and building process to make fast charge work.
If you are using it not only for desktop mode (this is my 100% use case) but also for mobile use, 5+ hours may appear being too long.

Apr 20, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #17,767 of 19,125
So for today you are right with regard to mobile use, for which it was lastly designed for. But we should not forget that at the time poly appeared, we had this technology only three or four years established for the normal user, correct me if I'm wrong. And there is the time between design start and market selling also. And what has to be changed in the design and building process to make fast charge work.
If you are using it not only for desktop mode (this is my 100% use case) but also for mobile use, 5+ hours may appear being too long.
This is why we need poly 2. 8 hours of charging for 8 hours of battery life, with depletable battery even after turning poly off is just absurd.

Apr 20, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #17,768 of 19,125
This is why we need poly 2. 8 hours of charging for 8 hours of battery life, with depletable battery even after turning poly off is just absurd.
So lastly it all seems to boil down to what's (or Watts:wink: a company's philosophy. For a fast track user it's simply unsatisfactory, if you already own poly and you are of a more laid-back nature, it's just sufficient. But I cannot deny my sympathy for less devices lying around. But I won't call the actual poly or its charging time absurd. I even bought poly one month ago.
Surely, it is unsatisfactory for you.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 11:47 PM Post #17,769 of 19,125
Cross post from Watercooler thread:

Last year, I purchased Chord Mojo2 and loved it but ended up selling it due to lack of screen and streaming. Tethering it from my phone is just cumbersome.

Later on, I saw someone built a 3d model for a case to stick Hiby R3 Pro and Mojo2, so I decided to try this solution. R3 -> Mojo2 by coax.
So far, I'm quite impressed by it. Hiby R3 is quite responsive (alot speedier than AK SP2k for sure :) ) And of course, it sounds very2 good.

Don't expect TOTL daps like N8ii or SP3k performance though. I think it's closer to midfi dap like FIio M17 but at more than half the price.

231E070F-C9AB-4C0F-9009-D9F4E2DB222D.jpeg
D90D878D-4704-4FBD-8FEC-DD945F9D7CA8.jpeg
9D425D5E-5500-4E6F-B375-6DCBB9974773.jpeg

Apr 21, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #17,770 of 19,125
Cross post from Watercooler thread:

Last year, I purchased Chord Mojo2 and loved it but ended up selling it due to lack of screen and streaming. Tethering it from my phone is just cumbersome.

Later on, I saw someone built a 3d model for a case to stick Hiby R3 Pro and Mojo2, so I decided to try this solution. R3 -> Mojo2 by coax.
So far, I'm quite impressed by it. Hiby R3 is quite responsive (alot speedier than AK SP2k for sure :) ) And of course, it sounds very2 good.

Don't expect TOTL daps like N8ii or SP3k performance though. I think it's closer to midfi dap like FIio M17 but at more than half the price.

231E070F-C9AB-4C0F-9009-D9F4E2DB222D.jpeg
D90D878D-4704-4FBD-8FEC-DD945F9D7CA8.jpeg
9D425D5E-5500-4E6F-B375-6DCBB9974773.jpeg
It sure is an awesome portable solution, so good that I used to do that myself with an original Mojo. For me the screen was a little too small and the pairing was a little too thick long term and I got a bit annoyed by that but if it works for you then its perfect.

Apr 24, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #17,771 of 19,125
Anyone experience a noise when plug in charge with Mojo2 Poly together?
Today I used my Mojo2 Poly till Mojo2 battery light turned red and Poly yellow so I decided to charge it after breakfast so they have time to cool down after used.
When I plug them in charge, menu light on Mojo 2 turned on red, P.Status still white as usual but I heard a high pitch hissing noise. Not sure from Mojo2 or Poly but sound like from Mojo2 to me. I immediately unplug and unplug Poly off Mojo2.
But when I charge them separately, that noise didn't appear anymore. Really don't know what happened and I don't know is there any damned to Mojo2 and Poly? 🫲😕🫱

Apr 24, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #17,772 of 19,125
Anyone experience a noise when plug in charge with Mojo2 Poly together?
Today I used my Mojo2 Poly till Mojo2 battery light turned red and Poly yellow so I decided to charge it after breakfast so they have time to cool down after used.
When I plug them in charge, menu light on Mojo 2 turned on red, P.Status still white as usual but I heard a high pitch hissing noise. Not sure from Mojo2 or Poly but sound like from Mojo2 to me. I immediately unplug and unplug Poly off Mojo2.
But when I charge them separately, that noise didn't appear anymore. Really don't know what happened and I don't know is there any damned to Mojo2 and Poly? 🫲😕🫱
Not for me. I just did the same as you described around 30 minutes ago.

This was something common with Mojo (original), and it was not a problem (see charging noise https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/)

My understanding from Rob's presentation, was that this was not supposed to happen with Mojo 2 due to upgrades in the charging circuit, and different capacitors.
I can't imagine that anything is damaged, especially if you can still use both devices

Apr 24, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #17,773 of 19,125
Not for me. I just did the same as you described around 30 minutes ago.

This was something common with Mojo (original), and it was not a problem (see charging noise https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/)

My understanding from Rob's presentation, was that this was not supposed to happen with Mojo 2 due to upgrades in the charging circuit, and different capacitors.
I can't imagine that anything is damaged, especially if you can still use both devices
No issue with my combo, I always keep both together without any problems so far. I love the set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back