Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 11, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #17,716 of 19,125
Out of curiosity, why is a Poly 2 needed?

And wouldn't it make sense to release a Poly 2 when the Mojo 3 came out, so that they can interface with USB-C?
Mojo 1 was released in 2015, and Poly in 2017.

Mojo 2 was released in 2022 and we have no news about Poly yet.

By Chord timeline, we would have Mojo 3 in 2029, and Poly would be 12 years product by then.

I don't mind about type-c interface anymore, but an upgraded Poly should be in the pipeline by now

Apr 11, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #17,717 of 19,125
Mojo 1 was released in 2015, and Poly in 2017.

Mojo 2 was released in 2022 and we have no news about Poly yet.

By Chord timeline, we would have Mojo 3 in 2029, and Poly would be 12 years product by then.

I don't mind about type-c interface anymore, but an upgraded Poly should be in the pipeline by now
could we first get the things that should have been part of OG Poly by now, like Spotify connect an updated MPD and Chromecast support?

Apr 12, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #17,718 of 19,125
Is Chord going to produce Poly 2 anytime soon?
I very much doubt it. Poly is a single-use product (only useable if you have a Mojo/Mojo 2) so I don't suppose it sells many. It's already a very good streamer and turns Mojo into an excellent DAP. I think Chord would only upgrade it if there were major reasons to do so; Mojo 2 was designed to accommodate Poly so it's unlikely Chord are planning such a change. On the other hand, we were promised a firmware update at the time of the Go2 update a couple of years ago, but that never happened. Such an update would be very welcome and might fix some of the remaining software niggles.

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #17,721 of 19,125
I thought the delay update is due to hardware limitations on Poly.

However I notice the 2020 released 1500 usd Chord 2go also does not have tidal connect, or Spotify connect, and bad software.

At this moment I just give up on waiting for Poly update and get a Hiby r3 pro as wifi transport instead.

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #17,722 of 19,125
I agree, we need no Poly2, a good software update would be much better. My wish list: Streaming support for main providers, Qobuz, Amazon Music, Apple and Spotify, and long press next track,
Well for now qobuz and tidal are available on Mconnect to stream to poly. But I agree a good update is needed

Apr 12, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #17,723 of 19,125
Looks like I'm not the only one have problem with battery in Poly. i bought mine the end of last month and after 5 days used from out of the box, I can't changer or turn on, send back to Bloom Audio they can't wake it up as well so I'm waiting for my replacement delivery tomorrow.
Are you sure that it was the battery, and not the famous blue light bricking scenario that used to be reported?

Apr 12, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #17,724 of 19,125
Are you sure that it was the battery, and not the famous blue light bricking scenario that used to be reported?
The P.Status light not even on at all no matter how I tried.

Apr 12, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #17,726 of 19,125
Apr 12, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #17,727 of 19,125
Yes, I tried. Only Mojo 2 get charged, P.Status still not on.
Trying to remember if it is the Mojopoly where the Mojo gets preferentially charged first before the Poly.
That means that an owner can mistakenly believe that they have charged their Poly, when in fact they have charged the Mojo but the Poly battery is still flat.
I charge my Mojo and Poly separately.

Something you can test with your replacement Poly.

Apr 12, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #17,728 of 19,125
Trying to remember if it is the Mojopoly where the Mojo gets preferentially charged first before the Poly.
That means that an owner can mistakenly believe that they have charged their Poly, when in fact they have charged the Mojo but the Poly battery is still flat.
I charge my Mojo and Poly separately.

Something you can test with your replacement Poly.
I did charged with and without Mojo for couple hours, different chargers and cables, plug and unplug many times but no hope.
Btw, how do you know Poly fully charged? I'm charging the replacement for 5+ hrs and the P.Starus light still stay on white.

Apr 12, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #17,729 of 19,125
I did charged with and without Mojo for couple hours, different chargers and cables, plug and unplug many times but no hope.
Btw, how do you know Poly fully charged? I'm charging the replacement for 5+ hrs and the P.Starus light still stay on white.
Flashing white indicates the charger is not supplying enough current
Solid white indicates that the Poly is still charging
Solid blue indicates that the Poly is fully charged

Apr 12, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #17,730 of 19,125
Flashing white indicates the charger is not supplying enough current
Solid white indicates that the Poly is still charging
Solid blue indicates that the Poly is fully charged
Took almost 6hrs for brand new Poly to fully charged. It's don't have color code while charging like Mojo 2 to unplug at 80%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back