Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 22, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #16,906 of 18,774
I liked the multi room cast and real time lyrics from Roon, however for a similar price you can get all this from an Apple Music subscription (plus you know the music).
I have tried the ROON on several occasions, a couple of 3 months trials and a full years membership and I really do not personally see the attraction. My problems could be to do with my router and/or network, but I have had several drops or music freezing and a horrid overall experience, I personally cannot recommend, on my own experience, but as the saying goes YMMV

Feb 22, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #16,907 of 18,774
I have tried the ROON on several occasions, a couple of 3 months trials and a full years membership and I really do not personally see the attraction.
Roon Radio is what justifies the cost to me. When this is enabled, Roon takes over and essentially becomes the DJ who plays music similar to the track that caused Roon Radio to start. The benefit in this is music discovery. I have discovered more unfamiliar music when using Roon than with any other piece of software. I cannot put a price on how important this is to me as it's pretty much all about the music for me.

Feb 23, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #16,908 of 18,774
Just wondering if any one can help. I have noticed lately when i charge my poly and mojo 1 together i get a continues yellow flashing led. cant work out why its not white like it used to. i do have the latest update, maybe its that.

Feb 23, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #16,911 of 18,774
thank you. I thought maybe my charger had stopped working correctly
I think the new colours were not explained fully, partly because some of them relate to the 'future proofing for new capabilities'.
However I think the flashing yellow was assumed to be the 'Poly cannot find the DAC' signal, for instance when Poly is switched on but the Mojo is switched off.

Feb 23, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #16,912 of 18,774
Never tried the Poly, but being a Android user how would the Poly play with wireless audio? Would the Poly be shown in my Spotify/Tidal app directly if on the same network(either home-wifi or hotspot from phone on the go)? or would I need Mconnect for this and use DLNA streaming?
It seems that the solution is more catered to Apple then anything else.

Then in the home office I meanly use Windows(a little Linux) how do you stream from PC to the Poly effectively? Have search a lot on stream the full system sound to the poly without a straight answer?

Feb 23, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #16,913 of 18,774
I think the new colours were not explained fully, partly because some of them relate to the 'future proofing for new capabilities'.
However I think the flashing yellow was assumed to be the 'Poly cannot find the DAC' signal, for instance when Poly is switched on but the Mojo is switched off.
ok thank you for your reply. i tried reading the software update notes, as you said not fully explained

Feb 23, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #16,914 of 18,774
Never tried the Poly, but being a Android user how would the Poly play with wireless audio? Would the Poly be shown in my Spotify/Tidal app directly if on the same network(either home-wifi or hotspot from phone on the go)? or would I need Mconnect for this and use DLNA streaming?

Then in the home office I meanly use Windows(a little Linux) how do you stream from PC to the Poly effectively? Have search a lot on stream the full system sound to the poly without a straight answer?
I only have direct experience with Qobuz. You can stream Qobuz to Poly via DLNA with mconnect and BubbleUPnP. They both have Tidal support. I don’t see a way to stream directly from the Qobuz app. I don’t think there is any way to stream Spotify.

Feb 23, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #16,915 of 18,774
I only have direct experience with Qobuz. You can stream Qobuz to Poly via DLNA with mconnect and BubbleUPnP. They both have Tidal support. I don’t see a way to stream directly from the Qobuz app. I don’t think there is any way to stream Spotify.
Qobuz via mconnect doesn't work when out and about. Only when the devices are connected in home network

Feb 23, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #16,916 of 18,774

Unfortunately for Android users, no, cannot playback directly from the streaming apps. We're supposed to have the Airplay equivalent, but seems Chord favors Apple.

Have to use a server app like Bubbleupnp. But this isn't a complete solution as you cannot do offline playback.

Feb 23, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #16,917 of 18,774
Unfortunately for Android users, no, cannot playback directly from the streaming apps. We're supposed to have the Airplay equivalent, but seems Chord favors Apple.

Have to use a server app like Bubbleupnp. But this isn't a complete solution as you cannot do offline playback.
This was also what I have been able to read up on. So was thinking that I might be better off with something completely different then.

Feb 23, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #16,918 of 18,774
This was also what I have been able to read up on. So was thinking that I might be better off with something completely different then.
Although it doesn't support offline playback of downloaded tracks, I use mconnect to stream Qobuz out of the house. With Poly on my Android phone's hotspot I still have 4/5g internet access.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #16,919 of 18,774
I've thought about something different as well. I know Chord made their streamers as a DAP alternative, but it isn't a DAP replacement if you can't do offline playback of your streaming content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back