Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 11, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #15,601 of 18,779
I’m having real problems charging both devices together, or even charging the Poly on its own.

Seems to really be dependent on the charger regardless of specs. For example my wall socket with built in USB sockets rated at 2amps won’t even charge the Poly.
A Belkin portable power bank rated at 3amps won’t charge them both together.
I think the only one that works is an iPad charger, but even then it seems hit and miss leaving them both connected together.

Anyway - long story short, if the charger specs / build are so critical - why on earth don’t Chord supply one?

Had I bought new for £900 I would be pretty annoyed they don’t give you what’s needed and leave it up to you to struggle with the simple job of charging.

But even buying used I should be able to buy an official reccomended charger form Chord? At least then I would be sure to know it’s charging as well as can be expected.

(have to add their support are really great, but that’s not the point)

I had this problem and it ended up with the poly being replaced completely. Not the battery the whole unit. It wouldn't charge on its own or connected to the mojo. The mojo was fine...

Oct 11, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #15,603 of 18,779
Hi Guys,

I am playing my Mojo/Poly combination and I am playing High Res files up to DSD as well as normal CD Flac files and now suddenly the power button does not change colour when playing different file types, I have DSD Bit Perfect turned on.

I am playing Poly in Hotspot Mode, any clues or ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Oct 11, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #15,605 of 18,779
Hi Guys,

I am playing my Mojo/Poly combination and I am playing High Res files up to DSD as well as normal CD Flac files and now suddenly the power button does not change colour when playing different file types, I have DSD Bit Perfect turned on.

I am playing Poly in Hotspot Mode, any clues or ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Could you inadvertently be using Airplay?

Oct 13, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #15,606 of 18,779
Well I must say that this thread has been very useful for managing my expectations on taking delivery of my new Poly/Mojo combo.

Changing my network password on every device/network extender was a pain (no special characters in ssid/pwd - really)!

Finding all the folders on my sd card using BubbleUPnP never happened - got stuck at F (turns out it was a corrupt file in a Faithless album - BubbleUPnP is working well too now - all files found!)

.... but finding out about MALP on the first page of this thread was a godsend - all folders found in MALP - no problemo ... so thanks for that!

Connecting to the gofigure app is temperamental and slow and there is a typo in the app - "connectiing" is mispelt somewhere - not very professional and this gives me the impression in line with the problems people have been having in this thread - that chord concentrate more on the engineering/hardware side - as good software engineers avoid typos when they can.

The build quality seems solid and the sound is excellent

I'm glad I got it to work how I wanted.

All in all I'm pleased with my purchase but i read this thread beforehand (and I'm an android user :wink:).

Thanks all

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #15,607 of 18,779
Well I must say that this thread has been very useful for managing my expectations on taking delivery of my new Poly/Mojo combo.

Changing my network password on every device/network extender was a pain (no special characters in ssid/pwd - really)!

Finding all the folders on my sd card using BubbleUPnP never happened - got stuck at F (turns out it was a corrupt file in a Faithless album - BubbleUPnP is working well too now - all files found!)

.... but finding out about MALP on the first page of this thread was a godsend - all folders found in MALP - no problemo ... so thanks for that!

Connecting to the gofigure app is temperamental and slow and there is a typo in the app - "connectiing" is mispelt somewhere - not very professional and this gives me the impression in line with the problems people have been having in this thread - that chord concentrate more on the engineering/hardware side - as good software engineers avoid typos when they can.

The build quality seems solid and the sound is excellent

I'm glad I got it to work how I wanted.

All in all I'm pleased with my purchase but i read this thread beforehand (and I'm an android user :wink:).

Thanks all

Can I ask what do you mean: "connecting to gofigure app is temperamental and slow"? Are you having occasion where it will not connect at all, or is it connecting, but slowly?

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #15,610 of 18,779
It always connects but slowly especially when switching network modes.....
I find it takes too long to connect to the Poly every time even when it finds it straight away, but also it doesn’t find it quite a lot and I need to keep refreshing.

Thanks; I would have been happy with a slow, painful connection; i couldnt get connection at all, far too frequently...

Oct 15, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #15,611 of 18,779
Sold my Poly. Beautiful unit when it works but it was too bumpy with very frequent dropouts and lost connections. Keeping my Mojo. Love it. Decided to go back to usb to iPhone connection via a used Curious Hugo link cable. Not as portable and easy to carry around as the Poly, but still much better and lighter than a desktop rig. If Chord ever succeed in making the Poly a flawless piece of equipment I will reacquire instantly. So happy - and a wee bit envious - for those of you with a no-bull Poly unit. Stick to it.

Oct 15, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #15,612 of 18,779
Sold my Poly. Beautiful unit when it works but it was too bumpy with very frequent dropouts and lost connections. Keeping my Mojo. Love it. Decided to go back to usb to iPhone connection via a used Curious Hugo link cable. Not as portable and easy to carry around as the Poly, but still much better and lighter than a desktop rig. If Chord ever succeed in making the Poly a flawless piece of equipment I will reacquire instantly. So happy - and a wee bit envious - for those of you with a no-bull Poly unit. Stick to it.

It's a shame to hear your unit was under performing. As a Poly owner (I had a few Polys), I can say that my unit has been performing pretty damn well. Same with 2Go for that matter.

Oct 15, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #15,613 of 18,779
It's a shame to hear your unit was under performing. As a Poly owner (I had a few Polys), I can say that my unit has been performing pretty damn well. Same with 2Go for that matter.

Well I've come into this thread with my eyes open and I like a challenge!

I've been stalking the Mojo for a couple of years.

And the stars truly do need to be in alignment for Poly to work flawlessly .....

BUT my home wifi network behaves remarkably like my Poly with regard to streamed music - I have several network extenders and in my experience my wifi network is notoriously temperamental when streaming large music files so much so that I have given up on streaming music from my nas because of dropouts when the kids get home or when my sky box decides to download something etc etc.

But I've not heard anything this good ever.

My ak sr15 is pretty damned excellent but doesn't come close to the Poly/Mojo.

... and part of this, I think, is because I upgraded my iem's a couple of months ago and the new iem's are shining with the Poly/Mojo combo - whereas there is not as much between the two DAP's with my old iem's....

I have to applaud Chord (and us) for being at the bleeding edge of technology - they have squeezed a linux Pi box and battery into the Poly - the hardware is solid and they just have to focus imo on the networking and software side of things.

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #15,614 of 18,779
Has anyone had an issues with Tidal? I'm using the Glider app (tried 8 Player too) and when I try to play Tidal it says either 'no music found' or 'service logon or communication failure'.

I have reset my password using just normal upper and lower case, no number or special characters and entered them into the Go Figure app. Still no joy.

Oct 15, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #15,615 of 18,779
“It’s not that as I can charge on its own using the iPad charger. Will try again both together over night with it when they get low before forking out on something else”

Following my earlier troubles - it turns out it was the cable?! Works fine to charge mojo and poly separately, and charge my Bluetooth headphones.

Changed cable and now can charge Mojo Poly together with original problematic iPad charger

Weird!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back