Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 13, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #15,196 of 18,786
Here in the long, long thread someone once wrote that all upnp / dlna apps cannot go the direct route: i.e. to forward data from the poly-sd-card directly to the mojo without detours. There is probably always data traffic between the devices in question.

So you need an mpd app if you want to go the most direct way, or go figure quickplay. For Android this would be e.g. the app: m.a.l.p. I don't know about apple devices.

Apr 13, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #15,199 of 18,786
Here in the long, long thread someone once wrote that all upnp / dlna apps cannot go the direct route: i.e. to forward data from the poly-sd-card directly to the mojo without detours. There is probably always data traffic between the devices in question.

So you need an mpd app if you want to go the most direct way, or go figure quickplay. For Android this would be e.g. the app: m.a.l.p. I don't know about apple devices.

As mentioned, 8player works fine with HiRes files for me. Glider does not work for me.

Apr 13, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #15,201 of 18,786
no worries. Just wondering why I don't have that uPnP option.Only one option..... says "poly" as in your screenshot.
There is an option under Settings in Glider to "Consolidate Outputs". If it is turned on (default setting), you will only see "Poly". Turn it off and you will see multiple output options.

Apr 13, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #15,202 of 18,786
There is an option under Settings in Glider to "Consolidate Outputs". If it is turned on (default setting), you will only see "Poly". Turn it off and you will see multiple output options.
If I turn on Consolidate Outputs, the UPnP option disappears but the MPD option remains. But I suspect you have solved @jobyfam's problem.

Apr 13, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #15,203 of 18,786
Interested in whether others have experienced this problem. My Poly has been working fine. Then 4 days ago, it doesn't turn on with Mojo. The only way I can wake it, is by connecting it to a charger.
Both Mojo and Poly still give me a good 7 hours listening from a full charge.
They both have the original batteries, but Mojo is a few years older than Poly. Could this be a problem with the Mojo battery not offering enough kick to turn itself on and wake Poly?

Apr 13, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #15,204 of 18,786
Interested in whether others have experienced this problem. My Poly has been working fine. Then 4 days ago, it doesn't turn on with Mojo. The only way I can wake it, is by connecting it to a charger.
Both Mojo and Poly still give me a good 7 hours listening from a full charge.
They both have the original batteries, but Mojo is a few years older than Poly. Could this be a problem with the Mojo battery not offering enough kick to turn itself on and wake Poly?
It was with the initial batches of Poly, because they relied on detecting a specific voltage, so older Mojos with weaker batteries took longer to reach that voltage, so it took longer for Poly to boot up.
After this feedback, Chord modified the Poly design, so that it needed to detect a voltage (rather than a specific voltage), before rebooting.
If you can still achieve 7 hours playback, then I suspect that you don't have a problem.
:relaxed:

Apr 13, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #15,205 of 18,786
It was with the initial batches of Poly, because they relied on detecting a specific voltage, so older Mojos with weaker batteries took longer to reach that voltage, so it took longer for Poly to boot up.
After this feedback, Chord modified the Poly design, so that it needed to detect a voltage (rather than a specific voltage), before rebooting.
If you can still achieve 7 hours playback, then I suspect that you don't have a problem.
:relaxed:
That's the thing. My original Poly got replaced under warranty, and it was fine, right up to last week.
The fault is new which is why I'm thinking the Mojo battery may be at fault.
The irritation is that Poly won't start without external power. This renders it useless out of the house.
Both units are well out of warranty so I don't know what to do other than contact Chord.

Apr 13, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #15,206 of 18,786
Fantastic. Thanks for that info. Now have poly uPnP selected and glider is playing HIRes via mojo. Thanks very much.

Apr 14, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #15,207 of 18,786
That's the thing. My original Poly got replaced under warranty, and it was fine, right up to last week.
The fault is new which is why I'm thinking the Mojo battery may be at fault.
The irritation is that Poly won't start without external power. This renders it useless out of the house.
Both units are well out of warranty so I don't know what to do other than contact Chord.
Just making sure that I understand things properly:
  • if your Mojo battery still provides 7 hours playing time, then I think that you have no problems with it. You can always unscrew the Mojo case and perform a quick visual check of the battery - if swollen, then you need to remove it, and place in a safe place, whilst you obtain a new battery.
  • If your Poly will only start when connected to a charger, the Poly FAQ implies that your Poly battery could be very low or flat, so try charging your Poly separately for a few hours, then test whether your Poly now starts normally like it was until a few days ago. This has solved everything for owners with similar symptoms. If that doesn't work, then maybe you have an issue with your Poly battery or charging circuit, so an email to support@chordelectronics.co.uk would be the next step.

Apr 17, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #15,209 of 18,786
Dear Poly users,

I have owned two Polys and ended up selling both units.
After buying and immensely enjoying 2Go for my Hugo 2, I am suddenly to give Poly another chance.

How are things on the Poly front? Are people still experiencing all sorts of playback stability issues? What about Roon/mobile hotspot/Poly wifi?
I would very much appreciate your input- cheers!

As a launch day owner of Poly I had to endure the early days of pain including swapping out a faulty until.
In short after updating to firmware 2 its been faultless and no issues. In fact I would say a delight to use. I mainly use Roon over Wi-fi and SD card.
So form hating the thing Initially to the extent that it encouraged me to get a Hugo2 and 2Go for home use.

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #15,210 of 18,786
I was looking into a mojo plus poly as I decided not to get another dap. I know the mojo was released in 2015 and the poly in 2017. I am thinking I might as well wait for the next mojo/poly. Any thoughts on buying now versus waiting? I know no one knows when/if a mojo 2 will be released. I know this could be hurting chord sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back