Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 30, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #14,731 of 18,782
Thank you very much Matt! I will patiently wait for the firmware update to surface.

NB Not quite sure I understand this; what would be the advantage of playing Qobuz through MConnect instead of using the standard Qobuz app on IOS?

Thanks to @ZappaMan for responding to this. Using the Qobuz app on iOS with airplay lets you play music at 44KHz 16 bit which is CD quality. That's great for the majority of music listening but presumably you signed up to Qobuz to take advantage of their high resolution music library. In which case you need an app like MConnect or the direct Qobuz media player support setup through Gofigure (once we get it working again!) to play the 192KHz 24 bit content that Qobuz has to offer. You can also use desktop programs such as Roon to play high resolution music from Qobuz to Poly if you prefer.
I hope that helps.

Dec 30, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #14,732 of 18,782
It's a 400gb card with only 260gb music but just ran a r/w test.... 2.4 wright and 6 read! .. What on earth? that's going back to Amazon. Just installed my old 128 card, indexed in minutes and didn't reindex after powering..

Thanks for your help. Now to explore the works of DSDs and DFF files..... I'll be back!

Glad you found the issue with the card. As Mike mentioned I had some larger cards fail at first until I realised that when copying hundreds of Gb of music in one go they get really hot
and this can cause damage. I now just batch copy giving a bit of time for the card to cool back down again.

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #14,733 of 18,782
Glad you found the issue with the card. As Mike mentioned I had some larger cards fail at first until I realised that when copying hundreds of Gb of music in one go they get really hot
and this can cause damage. I now just batch copy giving a bit of time for the card to cool back down again.

I’ll echo this issue. I had the constant indexing issue with a 400gb card too. I had the additional issue of certain albums being consistently deleted despite being re copied to the card. All fixed when I bought a new 400gb card. I only have 20-30gb free FYI.

I want to add that I’m using the problematic card in my surface pro with the same music as poly. They are literally mirrored copies. Zero issues with the that card now.

Maybe the poly is more sensitive to corrupted sectors? I understand that most manufacturers don’t use 100% of the SD cards usable memory. For example, a 400gb SD card my actually have 480gb of total memory, but it’s limited to 400gb for reliability.

Jan 4, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #14,737 of 18,782
It's a 400gb card with only 260gb music but just ran a r/w test.... 2.4 wright and 6 read! .. What on earth? that's going back to Amazon. Just installed my old 128 card, indexed in minutes and didn't reindex after powering..

Thanks for your help. Now to explore the works of DSDs and DFF files..... I'll be back!

Stick to Samsung EVO and Sandisk Ultras.

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #14,740 of 18,782
Seriously though, Poly rocks! As an iOS user, I have zero complaints at the moment.

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #14,741 of 18,782
Thanks to @ZappaMan for responding to this. Using the Qobuz app on iOS with airplay lets you play music at 44KHz 16 bit which is CD quality. That's great for the majority of music listening but presumably you signed up to Qobuz to take advantage of their high resolution music library. In which case you need an app like MConnect or the direct Qobuz media player support setup through Gofigure (once we get it working again!) to play the 192KHz 24 bit content that Qobuz has to offer. You can also use desktop programs such as Roon to play high resolution music from Qobuz to Poly if you prefer.
I hope that helps.

Thanks a lot for your clarification!
Just to make sure; if I have no need for Airplay, would a direct connection from my iPhone to my Mojo also allow for playing high resolution content right from the Quobuz?

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #14,742 of 18,782
EC4862EE-9C39-4FE4-889C-8CF97B2FE547.jpeg
Thanks a lot for your clarification!
Just to make sure; if I have no need for Airplay, would a direct connection from my iPhone to my Mojo also allow for playing high resolution content right from the Quobuz?

Yep! It sure will. Here’s a shot of my iPad Mini wired to the Mojo and using the Qobuz app. You need some type of Lightning to Micro USB cable and you’re good to go!

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #14,743 of 18,782
@Matt Bartlett Hi Matt I just wanted to touch base regarding the prospects for updating the poly to Airplay 2. I'm loving my poly with Roon for most of my listening. However having just purchased a HomePod setup for my wife it would be relay nice to be able to use Airplay 2 multiroom capability with Apple Music->Poly/Homepod where I can have multiroom playback in my listening room combined with the HomePod so my wife can enjoy the tunes I'm listening to. I can use Roon to play to HomePod and Poly using airplay simultaneously but it's a little flaky. And Happy New Year!

Jan 5, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #14,745 of 18,782
microSD card brand doesn't matter if it's a near perfect knockoff cosmetically. make sure you are purchasing from a proper seller (sold by amazon.com, bestbuy, bhphoto, etc.). third-party sellers on amazon.com are notorious for counterfeit microSD. one doesn't realise they are scammed until they run speed tests. average buyer would likely not run these tests thus third-party seller gets away with knock offs. good job on running speed tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back