Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 25, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #11,881 of 18,821
Oh, interesting. What sorts of issues? Roon has been an amazing experience for me on a Poly.

my main issue is audio dropouts - I've never been able to stream a full song, let alone an album. it was after talking to Mitch that I realised the problem was not with my home wifi network. I'm currently using Roon in a few ways at home that includes the ultrarendu connected to my BluDAVE and Google Chromecast connected to my TV. I don't have issues with either of those set-ups. only with the Poly.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #11,882 of 18,821
Good to know Roon does the same as other methods. Overpriced rubbish :D
They belong together then I think :D

Jan 25, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #11,883 of 18,821
Maybe i expected to much from Poly. The core features that was promised do work i guess... But i just can´t stop to criticize the weak 5-6 hour batterie performance for a (combined 1200€) expensive device, no dsd playback over upnp/dlna, no straight support for deezer/spotify, so little support for android users: for example Go figure is not compatible with that lousy htc 10 smartphone, it just can´t find poly.

* cough * er, by the way, I still own the Mojo-Poly because nobody wanted to buy it and now I do not want to sell it anymore. So in the end, even i am indeed - overall - satisfied with Mojo-Poly. But still, i think Chord just sucks. They totally crashed Poly just form the beginning. An incredible shame. The device is actually really good and innovative and what I know what else.

Jan 25, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #11,884 of 18,821
But still, i think Chord just sucks. They totally crashed Poly just form the beginning. An incredible shame. The device is actually really good and innovative and what I know what else.

As a new user just beginning to venture into the world of Chord products they appear to provide excellent community engagement and product support, even if the product still has teething issues. It’s a unique product and with that comes all the downsides of nothing really to base it on or compare it to.

That’s no excuse but they do seem to be continuing to develop for it which is more than can be said for many Android DAP makers. As for the battery life issue you mentioned I’ve not had that issue. It seems to provided almost exactly as advertised.

Jan 25, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #11,885 of 18,821
Maybe i expected to much from Poly. The core features that was promised do work i guess... But i just can´t stop to criticize the weak 5-6 hour batterie performance for a (combined 1200€) expensive device, no dsd playback over upnp/dlna, no straight support for deezer/spotify, so little support for android users: for example Go figure is not compatible with that lousy htc 10 smartphone, it just can´t find poly.

* cough * er, by the way, I still own the Mojo-Poly because nobody wanted to buy it and now I do not want to sell it anymore. So in the end, even i am indeed - overall - satisfied with Mojo-Poly. But still, i think Chord just sucks. They totally crashed Poly just form the beginning. An incredible shame. The device is actually really good and innovative and what I know what else.
Fair play to you for saying something nice about it.

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #11,886 of 18,821
But in practice, Roon endpoint functionality was essentially perfect from Poly from day 1, so I don’t see any additional benefit.
I think the benefit largely relates to the amount of service desk support that Roon has to provide. look at it from the Roon viewpoint:
  • until a device is certified, Roon will assume that may be some issues with the device/code, and so their service desk cannot provide much complex support for third party device/software performance/bugs etc. This minimises the support cost for Roon
  • once a device is certified, Roon will be confident that there are no issues with the device/code, and so their service desk can now provide support for third party device/software performance etc. Roon will expect little complex support to be needed, so the support cost is again minimised

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #11,887 of 18,821
So now that I’ve received my Poly I can confirm that it’s a great add on. I feel lucky to be in possession of an iOS device as it makes playback control easy. I’ve had no issues whatsoever.

I did have an interesting thing happen, in which the GoFigure app told me I had thousands of song but Glider told me I only had a few hundred. Turns out the Poly reads the /.Trashes folder for songs, too. So I deleted that via the terminal.

I think they’ve resolved the issue where Poly does not boot up with the Mojo as mine always seems to turn on, which is great.

Apparently proper Spotify Connect IS on the firmware roadmap, does anyone know *when*? I’d love for official support and not just Airplay capabilities.

Overall I definitely enjoy the combination and I think I’d choose this setup over a DAP.

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #11,888 of 18,821
So now that I’ve received my Poly I can confirm that it’s a great add on. I feel lucky to be in possession of an iOS device as it makes playback control easy. I’ve had no issues whatsoever.

I did have an interesting thing happen, in which the GoFigure app told me I had thousands of song but Glider told me I only had a few hundred. Turns out the Poly reads the /.Trashes folder for songs, too. So I deleted that via the terminal.

I think they’ve resolved the issue where Poly does not boot up with the Mojo as mine always seems to turn on, which is great.

Apparently proper Spotify Connect IS on the firmware roadmap, does anyone know *when*? I’d love for official support and not just Airplay capabilities.

Overall I definitely enjoy the combination and I think I’d choose this setup over a DAP.
Welcome

Once I got my mind around this device and finding the right app on Android, I have not had any problems either

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #11,889 of 18,821
Tis expensive but, for that price you get the best audio player, library manager and streamer on the market imho.

It also sounds very good.

I have yet to be convinced by ROON, I probably need to use it more. I am not helped by my old Win 10 laptop and network
I have probably the best part of a year to see if I can live with it, but cancelled my subscription in the meanwhile so only the rest of the year to go.
Not a criticism, just my own personal use case

Jan 26, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #11,891 of 18,821
I have yet to be convinced by ROON, I probably need to use it more. I am not helped by my old Win 10 laptop and network
I have probably the best part of a year to see if I can live with it, but cancelled my subscription in the meanwhile so only the rest of the year to go.
Not a criticism, just my own personal use case

It is expensive, but compare that to having to pay 119 bux a year.

The biggest thing that bugged me at first with Roon, was what endpoints to enable and configure.

This is no lie, I have 16 endpoints, only 3 are enabled, two are Chord Asio and Chord Wasapi and the third is Xonar spdif via Xonar 64 optical.

My Sky boxes are all disabled, all my soundbars, tv’s, ipad and iphone, my droid phones and a bunch of other things that can be an endpoint but which I don’t want to or need them to be an end point.

I think it’s excellent and the info and other albums it can gather from the net is cool but, you really need one if not both tidal and qobuz streaming services and thats where roon shines, along with roon radio which tries to play music im the same genre’s that you are playing.

Once you get the endpoints figured, hopefully you won’t look back.

You have a year to play about with it so hopefully you will really like it given time.

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #11,892 of 18,821
Does anyone know why Poly only shows a max of 384khz in the latest version of Roon ? It should be 768khz max, not 384khz.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Jan 27, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #11,893 of 18,821
Does anyone know why Poly only shows a max of 384khz in the latest version of Roon ? It should be 768khz max, not 384khz.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Hi @Amberlamps as far as I am aware this hasn't changed and 384KHz has always been the limit for wireless network endpoints in Roon.

Jan 27, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #11,894 of 18,821
Hi @Amberlamps as far as I am aware this hasn't changed and 384KHz has always been the limit for wireless network endpoints in Roon.

Ah I see, I must of got confused with mojo’s 768khz via usb or H2. But it’s good to know that it is indeed 384khz and not a glitch/bug.

Cheers Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back