Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 3, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #7,381 of 18,780
I decided to replace my old Tp-link router (£25) to try and avoid drop-outs. I asked Tom at Chord if they had any recommendations for routers. He declined saying that they are keen for Poly to work with all systems which is understandable but not very heplful.

I then ordered a Netgear Orbi so I was a bit alarmed to see this comment. Has anyone else had issues with the Poly and mesh routers, especially the Orbi?

There are several things in routers to set to get better performance and avoid drop outs...
Disabling QOS and enabling UPNP to name a few...

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #7,382 of 18,780
Interesting comment... do you have a Poly? In the unlikely event that you do Please contact our help line at info@chordelectronics.co.uk and we will sort you out!

I’m pleased you found my comment interesting. I had a Poly. I placed my order with Audio Sanctuary in January 2017. Despite constant promises from your company that the release was any minute now, I eventually got mine in October. It was not fit for purpose and would not have been released. I must have spent 100 hours getting it to work. The unit I received could not have possibly passed a QA process and to release something as complex without an app is unforgivable. An embarrassed Phil had to give me my money back.

Listening to music is a joy for me. To find a few hours spare to be able to sit down in a favourite chair for a listening session is bliss. It is incredibly frustrating to find that the company who I gave my money to has no respect for my time or my patience and expects me to resolve issues they should already have dealt with.

Please don’t trivialise my experience or shirk your responsibilities by trolling that I don’t have a Poly. Please put that energy into getting your house in order. I did have a Poly and it was returned. I did have a mojo but it is now sold. I do have a HugoTT and a Hugo2, but frankly Mr. Franks your attutude is taking the shine off my pride of ownership in those products also.

Mar 3, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #7,383 of 18,780
@joe28 your latest Glider beta 1.8.1.12 really rocks! The multiple Poly renderers have disappeared (at one point I had 6 of them) and playback sticks with MPD, no longer reverting to DLNA. Very smooth performance

Mar 3, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #7,384 of 18,780
There are several things in routers to set to get better performance and avoid drop outs...
Disabling QOS and enabling UPNP to name a few...

Thanks. Any suggestions gratefully received. I've e-mailed Tom at Chord to see if they have had issues from Poly users with mesh routers so I can cancel the order if need be. I assume they have amassed a fair bit of feedback by now!

I use an Auralic Aries Mini with SSD as my source so no issues in my main system. Auralic actually recommend some routers they have tested successfully and are open about some they have had issues with (Apple Airport Express for instance). It would be helpful if Chord could do the same pending developing universal connectivity with all systems!

I would have gone with one of Auralic's recommendations but I've been advised to relocate my router from behind the TV to a more open position so aesthetics have become an issue. Most conventional routers are ugly black boxes and it's the mesh routers that better suit a domestic environment.

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #7,385 of 18,780
Listening to music is a joy for me. To find a few hours spare to be able to sit down in a favourite chair for a listening session is bliss. It is incredibly frustrating to find that the company who I gave my money to has no respect for my time or my patience and expects me to resolve issues they should already have dealt with.
We're on the same side of the fence on this issue.

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #7,386 of 18,780
I decided to replace my old Tp-link router (£25) to try and avoid drop-outs. I asked Tom at Chord if they had any recommendations for routers. He declined saying that they are keen for Poly to work with all systems which is understandable but not very heplful.

I then ordered a Netgear Orbi so I was a bit alarmed to see this comment. Has anyone else had issues with the Poly and mesh routers, especially the Orbi?

I have a new Asus extreme router in hopes I also fix an issue. This is to replace a several-hundreds-of-dollars Cisco Meraki system.

In this day and age its a little silly to have to do this, of course.

My replacement Poly for the power issues is somewhere en route.... so we’ll see

Mar 3, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #7,387 of 18,780
@joe28 your latest Glider beta 1.8.1.12 really rocks! The multiple Poly renderers have disappeared (at one point I had 6 of them) and playback sticks with MPD, no longer reverting to DLNA. Very smooth performance

Thanks! I'll be sending out another TestFlight build today with a few more small bug fixes, and we'll be submitting this to the App Store within a few days.

Mar 3, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #7,388 of 18,780
My Poly is also not playing well with my Netgear Orbi. If I am close to the router and sitting still, the Poly will disconnect every 10-15 minutes. If I am walking around the house, Poly is basically unusable. For the record, this is my second Poly as the first one had to be replaced due to a rapidly draining battery. If Roon is not going to be stable on a mesh network, then I really need the Android version of Go Figure to come out.

Mar 3, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #7,389 of 18,780

I can't speak to Orbi but I have a Netgear mesh network (R9000/EX8000) on which Poly works fine. I may not be the best test though since when at home I tend to sit in one spot and not move around much when listening to Mojo/Poly. I will do some walking around today to test for dropouts, etc and report back later.

Mar 3, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #7,390 of 18,780
@Mojo ideas

Thanks for the update. The ball is clearly in Apple's court. It's frustrating for everyone but it's part of the process. As happens in life, what we plan and what happens are often different.

Let's hope we get to ditch the pin in the next couple of weeks. I am looking forward to GoFigure.

Mar 3, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #7,391 of 18,780
Please help me decide. It's getting close to new phone time (I have an LG V10) and I may have to switch to Apple if I can't find a solution that plays offline Tidal/Poly with decent quality.

My main use for Poly is Roon at home (which works great) and SD card or offline Tidal when out. I like to use offline Tidal when I'm out as I find it's a great way to discover new music and my data plan is insufficient to stream Tidal.

On my Android phone so far I've been using bluetooth (not so good) and the AirAudio app to mimic Airplay to my Poly. Today I did some more experimenting and compared the Android/AirAudio app with my wife's iPhone 6 Plus on Airplay to Poly (on both home wifi and each phones respective hotspots) and found the sound quality much better with the iPhone/Airplay combo. There was a discussion earlier in the thread about Android and Airplay apps but I'm hoping someone out there has done some recent experimenting.

I know Chromecast was discussed earlier as well but it seems to have fallen off Chords radar for the moment and Apple Airplay or something mimicked on Android seem to be the only options.

Has anyone here found a viable solution on Android (besides AirAudio and bluetooth) to play Tidal offline files to Poly?

Thanks!

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #7,392 of 18,780
Please help me decide. It's getting close to new phone time (I have an LG V10) and I may have to switch to Apple if I can't find a solution that plays offline Tidal/Poly with decent quality.

My main use for Poly is Roon at home (which works great) and SD card or offline Tidal when out. I like to use offline Tidal when I'm out as I find it's a great way to discover new music and my data plan is insufficient to stream Tidal.

On my Android phone so far I've been using bluetooth (not so good) and the AirAudio app to mimic Airplay to my Poly. Today I did some more experimenting and compared the Android/AirAudio app with my wife's iPhone 6 Plus on Airplay to Poly (on both home wifi and each phones respective hotspots) and found the sound quality much better with the iPhone/Airplay combo. There was a discussion earlier in the thread about Android and Airplay apps but I'm hoping someone out there has done some recent experimenting.

I know Chromecast was discussed earlier as well but it seems to have fallen off Chords radar for the moment and Apple Airplay or something mimicked on Android seem to be the only options.

Has anyone here found a viable solution on Android (besides AirAudio and bluetooth) to play Tidal offline files to Poly?

Thanks!
Earlier today there was this post mentioning that using Chromecast can cause network connection issues for Poly (presumably not all networks), so it may not suit all poly owners.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-492#post-14080005

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #7,393 of 18,780

Thanks!
Akconnect and bubbleupnp both play offline Tidal when pushed to Poly via dlna

Mar 3, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #7,395 of 18,780

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back