Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 31, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #6,421 of 18,774
Is anyone's mojo/poly slightly off?/ bent at the connection?
It could be either poly or mojo, noticed a few Mm of offside.

I dont mind this, it does not affect use just wondering if anyone else experienced this

Nope, mine is flush, line on line. But from your picture and if all else works and fits snuggly, didn't wobble on the table, then i would guess it's within specs.

Jan 31, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #6,422 of 18,774

I dont mind this, it does not affect use just wondering if anyone else experienced this

Yes, I have a slightly raised joint between Mojo and Poly. Not a problem, and obviously it's completely invisible when in the case. I guess it's inevitable to some extent.

Jan 31, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #6,423 of 18,774

Mine's the same. Couldn't do nothing about it, even when I opened it. I do mind a little. it's not a Chinese product, but it works and that's more important!

Jan 31, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #6,424 of 18,774
Mine is snug and well-aligned. One does wonder if Poly was in the product road-map when Mojo was designed. It's possible that if Poly was not in the planning that Chord just had to do the best they could with rounded corners on Mojo. For me the big give away that these are two pieces is that Poly is blacker than my 2015 Mojo. I don't know if Mojo has faded or just came out a little different. If it's in my pocket why would I care?

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #6,426 of 18,774
Mine is snug and well-aligned. One does wonder if Poly was in the product road-map when Mojo was designed. It's possible that if Poly was not in the planning that Chord just had to do the best they could with rounded corners on Mojo. For me the big give away that these are two pieces is that Poly is blacker than my 2015 Mojo. I don't know if Mojo has faded or just came out a little different. If it's in my pocket why would I care?

My poly is lighter in color in comparison to mojo (2017)

Jan 31, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #6,429 of 18,774
1.0.17 here, early days, but maybe no better for me at all, all playback from SD card connected over my WiFi is hit by continuous disconnects, Glider, 8Player etc.

On home WiFi
Glider finds Poly, sync's so I go to choose an album, boom loses connection
Streaming from Media Center 21 is OK, still loses connection albeit only tried for 15 mins.

On Poly Hotspot
Glider finds Poly, sync's, playback is fine :)

Will try more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #6,430 of 18,774
Battery-wise no improvement for me unfortunately. After an hour idle time, no music playing, Poly battery dropped to green, so 75 %. Which means my Poly will last roughly 4 hours, not even half of the specs time, "excess of 9 h"... and it used to over-last Mojo by far 2 updates back.
Router in the same room, strong signal.
Both fully charged with blue light
I have deleted the old config files, I will totally format the microSD tomorrow.
I'm indeed a little worried by this not even half play time, I get...40-45 % of what it should be....kinda sad!
I know Mojo did no work at all during this hour so it was to be expected, but one hour blue to green on Poly is not good, not good at all! It should have been around 2 hours at least...
What's your battery time?

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #6,431 of 18,774
Battery-wise no improvement for me unfortunately. After an hour idle time, no music playing, Poly battery dropped to green, so 75 %. Which means my Poly will last roughly 4 hours, not even half of the specs time, "excess of 9 h"... and it used to over-last Mojo by far 2 updates back.
I have deleted the old config files, I will totally format the microSD tomorrow.
I'm indeed a little worried by this not even half play time, I get...40-45 % of what it should be....kinda sad!
I know Mojo did no work at all during this hour so it was to be expected, but one hour blue to green on Poly is not good, not good at all! It should have been around 2 hours at least...

How often do the firmware updates come out? Maybe next one...

Jan 31, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #6,432 of 18,774
With 10.0.10 firmware, after about an hour of listening battery status, changed to green. But with the latest firmware, I could listen almost three albums before it changed to green.I listened with Grado SR325 headphones on low volume and Mojo/Poly were fully charged.

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #6,434 of 18,774
What are some of the serial numbers with the new HW, anybody know what they start with??

I dont know, but mine starts with PO02****

So if they are actually starting at the 2 in the way they number them, then their is atleast 20000 polys, my guess is unlikely at this point in time so I will go further and take a guess and say my poly starting with PO02 might be in amongst either the first 20 thousand or within the first 1000 polys made.

That tells you the next number after the 2 is a 0.

Gotta go, mojo is squealing so it looks like its basically fully charged, time to go test using the new firmware via battery power alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 31, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #6,435 of 18,774
I dont know, but mine starts with PO02****

So if they are actually starting at the 2 in the way they number them, then their is atleast 20000 polys, my guess is unlikely at this point in time so I will go further and take a guess and say my poly starting with PO02 might be in amongst either the first 20 thousand or within the first 1000 polys made.
I know my original poly was part of the first to come to North America, but today I went to my audio guy and he did me a solid and swift mine out instead of sending it to chord but instead of opening it I was curious to see if I swiped it for the same group of poly’s. The s/n is about 2000 more than my original so I’m thinking I should be good what do you think???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back