Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 7, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #3,137 of 18,775
Is anyone experiencing infrequent Roon dropouts, while streaming Tidal?

They happen every 40-60 seconds and are followed by an error message: "song currently not available on Tidal", which gets Roon to move on to the next song.

The second type of dropouts happens less frequently and lasts 1/2 a second.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #3,139 of 18,775
The app release is still planned for this month. We have a few extra updates to add into the firmware before we can complete the app testing but it will not be long now.
The app will simplify the setup and allow you to change the network and Poly operation modes very easily. It will also feature a quick play interface that will let you play music directly
from the micro SD card using Bluetooth control.

That's great to hear Matt - will playback be gapless / solve the issue of the >1 second silence at the start of tracks?

Nov 7, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #3,141 of 18,775
Is anyone experiencing infrequent Roon dropouts, while streaming Tidal?

They happen every 40-60 seconds and are followed by an error message: "song currently not available on Tidal", which gets Roon to move on to the next song.

The second type of dropouts happens less frequently and lasts 1/2 a second.

No Problems here Streaming TIDAL from Roon to MojoPoly. The Same with TIDAL streaming via Audirvana.
My Main-Usage is Roon and Audirvana (maybe CHORD should apply for the "Works with Audirvana" Label because its really a great companion to Audirvana), both Roon and Audirvana work very well while moving around the house with MojoPoly&Headphone.

Waiting for the App here to make better use of Music on the SD-Card and a better user-experience switching between the modes Poly offers. Would like to see Poly supporting SMB to have more and better apps to use on iOS (for Example MusicStreamer is a really nice app or NEPlayer). Also usable could be a LMS (Logitech Media Server) on Poly to use with the iPeng App.

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #3,142 of 18,775
Hi all ..

I will go straight to the point :dart:
i never enjoy my Mojo from mobile phone (Android/ios) as much as from my PC ,, I don't know why there is a deference in sound ,
If Mojo is playing from PC , it have way better details , dynamics , bass , treble , sound stage , imaging ,, every thing of the Mojo from PC is working perfect and amazing ,
but once connected (w/USB) to a mobiles there is loss in quality ,, although i am playing the same HD FLAC file :triportsad:
i tried deferent USB cables ,, deferent APP's ,, deferent mobile phones and tablets ,, all give lower quality then PC !!

So ,, i am very interested in the Poly SD Card play sound quality ,, is it the same as if the Mojo connected to a mobile phone , or is there improvement ???

If there is a sound deference (to the better) i will buy it in heart beat ,,
I love the Mojo sound and i which i could enjoy it to its full potential without my PC ..

Please Help and Thanks in advance :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #3,143 of 18,775
Hi all ..

I will go straight to the point :dart:
i never enjoy my Mojo from mobile phone (Android/ios) as much as from my PC ,, I don't know why there is a deference in sound ,
If Mojo is playing from PC , it have way better details , dynamics , bass , treble , sound stage , imaging ,, every thing of the Mojo from PC is working perfect and amazing ,
but once connected (w/USB) to a mobiles there is loss in quality ,, although i am playing the same HD FLAC file :triportsad:
i tried deferent USB cables ,, deferent APP's ,, deferent mobile phones and tablets ,, all give lower quality then PC !!

So ,, i am very interested in the Poly SD Card play sound quality ,, is it the same as if the Mojo connected to a mobile phone , or is there improvement ???

If there is a sound deference (to the better) i will buy it in heart beat ,,
I love the Mojo sound and i which i could enjoy it to its full potential without my PC ..

Please Help and Thanks in advance :smile_phones:
I understand what you mean by pc sounds better than mobile with mojo. From my experience with poly so far. I can say that you will get the pc sound quality from the poly

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #3,144 of 18,775
Hi Matt

Would be great if you can let us know what is the current issue with poly pairing with different apps and WiFi connection? Airplay drop out , mpd dsd play backs? Can we have a clear list of what will be fixed in the coming update ?
So I don’t need to try to figure out why things are not working ?

Thank you

Nov 7, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #3,145 of 18,775
I understand what you mean by pc sounds better than mobile with mojo. From my experience with poly so far. I can say that you will get the pc sound quality from the poly
Very nice and fast that you got my point :)
really i didn't expect this response ,,
i am looking for more inputs but your answer is very promising , i really appreciate it.

Nov 7, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #3,146 of 18,775
No Problems here Streaming TIDAL from Roon to MojoPoly. The Same with TIDAL streaming via Audirvana.
My Main-Usage is Roon and Audirvana (maybe CHORD should apply for the "Works with Audirvana" Label because its really a great companion to Audirvana), both Roon and Audirvana work very well while moving around the house with MojoPoly&Headphone.
hi, when you use audirvana with poly, do you know if regular file playback from NAS is ok on all formats? (including flac, dsf, alac etc) also does gapless work?

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #3,147 of 18,775
Dear Chord sponsors,
I lookup on your page listing Definitive Audio and tunehifi as distributors in the Seattles, WA area. However they don't seem to have the Poly in shop yet.
Can you guys advise me on where to visit and buy Chord Poly in the Seattles, WA area?

Thanks in advance

Nov 8, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #3,148 of 18,775
Desperately waiting for US release. I preordered my Poly from a distributer in NYC in May/June. The distributer said maybe mid November for shipments but Chord hasn't specified a date. Release date was gaurenteed to be October 17 according to Chord's updates on this forum - we didn't know this meant for UK only. I haven't been able to use my mojo for months since the release of iOS that disabled 3rd party cables. This is too long to wait without any update. When will US receive their devices?

Nov 8, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #3,149 of 18,775
Just to be sure, I’m the only one getting interference from my iPhone with IEM’s? The only way to solve this is by using the Poly as hotspot.

Nov 8, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #3,150 of 18,775
Quite interestingly, my Mojo standalone never sounded this good as it does with the Poly + Mojo based on 1 day of listening.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back