Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 26, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #2,686 of 18,772
Any non-UK residents receiveing their Polys yet?

Oct 26, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #2,687 of 18,772
As a renderer or just for SD card playback? I tried Sennheiser CapTune which is doing pretty much the same. Can't see it as a renderer.

Once in the hotspot mode your phone's WiFi becomes the transmitter so you can't use it if I am not mistaken

I think you can use it for both, I am listening via an SD card at the minute. I have 'hotspotted' my mobile (after entering the details on the poly's config page), put the poly into network mode (remember to turn off roon on the config page), opened BubbleUPnP and the on the left I can select the Poly a renderer and under that can browse it's file structure by selecting poly in the Library 'Local and Cloud' drop down.

Oct 26, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #2,688 of 18,772
I think you can use it for both, I am listening via an SD card at the minute. I have 'hotspotted' my mobile (after entering the details on the poly's config page), put the poly into network mode (remember to turn off roon on the config page), opened BubbleUPnP and the on the left I can select the Poly a renderer and under that can browse it's file structure by selecting poly in the Library 'Local and Cloud' drop down.

I shall give it a try :) and report back. I don't have Roon so that's not the issue.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #2,689 of 18,772
....I am not able to play DSD file from SD card. Can somebody give a me a direction what to do (iPhone, iPad as a control device).

• Can you tell us exactly what steps you are going through, to try to play DSD?
  • What exactly happens when you try the steps you are going through? (tip: don't just say "nothing"!). Try to be detailed.
  • What specification is your microSD card? Is it class 10, or something else? Or, to put it another way, what is the manufacturer's claimed read speed of your exact microSD card?

Cheers.

Oct 26, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #2,690 of 18,772
Alright, Poly is with me now. So far, I was able to test Roon, which works, but DSD downsampled. Sad for me as I have a lot DSD music.

However I am not able to play DSD file from SD card. Can somebody give a me a direction what to do (iPhone, iPad as a control device). Chord manual is very unclear for me.

After spending hours trying to get this going I am giving up. The poly does not recognize DSD (dsf files) from sdcard. When opened from 8player I get emty DSD folder. When loading from NAS and renderer to poly app freezes. Using NePlayer I can play files on my iPad speaker but nothing is loading from Poly - empty folder.

I get only flac files working on renderer.

Sdcard formatted multiple times.

Other MDP apps wants to put in poly IP and port - I do not have that. No wasmfor direct control on iOs??

App used in Chord video MDap/MDoP is not available anymore.

Oct 26, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #2,691 of 18,772
I shall give it a try :) and report back. I don't have Roon so that's not the issue.

I might have been doing something wrong but I think whether you have roon or not having it selected on the config page will affect operation in network mode, just worth checking, I was scratching my head when I couldn't hotspot for quite a while.

Oct 26, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #2,693 of 18,772
A couple of days in, and I'm finding I'm getting most reliable results with my SD card inside my S7 edge rather than inside the Poly. No need to rebuild files each time that way.

Connecting to Poly via my phone's hotspot, and using BubbleUPnP to find Poly as a renderer - then bouncing local files to it.

One question on WiFi settings - for the life of me I don't know how to register on a WiFi network that requires a log-in name as well as an SSID and password?

Oct 26, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #2,694 of 18,772
Any non-UK residents receiveing their Polys yet?

Not yet, asked again today from my shop and now they said next week. My 256GB mSD started to feel small so ordered a 400GB card from amazon this morning, that should come tomorrow.
Also since my Mojo has been mostly on desktop use since its too bulky to pair with a phone by wire, it's battery has diminished to only providing couple hours of life. At least i should be getting a new battery(50€, selfservice) for Mojo along with my Poly.

This is not the topic for this question but if anyone has any ideas what would be a good desktop dac/pre amp around 500€ give or take, so that my Mojo would get a chance to rest and be reserved for mobile / wireless in home use. I considered Ifi micro iDSD, since didn't' see any battery specs on it, but it definitely has a battery, so not ideal for desktop use. But size and features were pretty spot on.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #2,695 of 18,772
Not yet, asked again today from my shop and now they said next week. My 256GB mSD started to feel small so ordered a 400GB card from amazon this morning, that should come tomorrow.
Also since my Mojo has been mostly on desktop use since its too bulky to pair with a phone by wire, it's battery has diminished to only providing couple hours of life. At least i should be getting a new battery(50€, selfservice) for Mojo along with my Poly.

This is not the topic for this question but if anyone has any ideas what would be a good desktop dac/pre amp around 500€ give or take, so that my Mojo would get a chance to rest and be reserved for mobile / wireless in home use. I considered Ifi micro iDSD, since didn't' see any battery specs on it, but it definitely has a battery, so not ideal for desktop use. But size and features were pretty spot on.

Might sound a little crazy but if you're happy with the Mojo why not keep it as a desktop, skip replacing the battery, save the 50 euros and buy a second mojo for portable use?

Oct 26, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #2,696 of 18,772
Wondering what iOS/DLNA apps people are using beside 8player? I've looked at it and the Send. app, but it takes tooooo long to scroll through a list. I've been playing with C5 by Creation. Scrolls very quickly.

Oct 26, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #2,697 of 18,772
Yes once loaded it is very fast, however I have had several dropouts where it will not change songs and sits there with a spinning wheel icon searching for the next track. Closing 8Player and reopening it seems to fix it. This is using my phones hotspot so no idea if its a hotspot issue, 8Player or Poly. Don't have time to really look into it further as it's working perfectly at the moment and sounds amazing.
This is most likely to be your WiFi

Oct 26, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #2,698 of 18,772
It might have already been discussed but is there an expectation that the coming app will allow control of the Poly's 'roon mode'? It's quite annoying having to keep using the 'pin tool' to toggle in and out of access mode to reconfigure via my phone's browser every time I want to take the mojo/poly mobile (i.e. outside). Hopefully I have missed an easy fix here?

On a separate note, huge well done to Chord on an excellent product, the sound is superb (yes i'm one of those guys that thinks different sources into mojo sound different). I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying the package in my separates hifi setup with roon and Tidal, the Tidal masters sound incredible!
Yes it will I was never happy with the pin so that drove the urgent development of the App
It might have already been discussed but is there an expectation that the coming app will allow control of the Poly's 'roon mode'? It's quite annoying having to keep using the 'pin tool' to toggle in and out of access mode to reconfigure via my phone's browser every time I want to take the mojo/poly mobile (i.e. outside). Hopefully I have missed an easy fix here?

On a separate note, huge well done to Chord on an excellent product, the sound is superb (yes i'm one of those guys that thinks different sources into mojo sound different). I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying the package in my separates hifi setup with roon and Tidal, the Tidal masters sound incredible!
Yes the app will mean the pin won’t be needed. Frankly I was always unhappy with the pin and it’s a primary reason for the urgent development of the App I’ll be pleased when the App is released.

Oct 26, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #2,700 of 18,772
Got mine up and running at last - same great sound as wired but sans the wires!!! I must say I found the set up tricky but it turned out to be a connection issue between Poly and Mojo. Despite them seeming to fit snuggly I had to give the 2 a bit of a wiggle to settle in - otherwise I was getting a lot of drop outs. So much so that even when I put into Access Mode it would reset within 10/12 seconds i.e. before I had entered the network settings.

The main issue I seem to have now remains that connection i.e. when I walk about the connection easily breaks thus losing wifi signal and interrupting the song. I am hoping the case will resolve this by keeping both parts welded together but will update in due course.

Anyone else similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back