Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 23, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #2,522 of 18,786
Oct 23, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #2,524 of 18,786
Sorry if this has been answered already but...

Does Roon pass through the Tidal masters with the first fold unpacked? Using the Tidal software on my computer with Mojo that first software unfold sounded great! If Roon does the same I might restart my Tidal subscription.

Oct 23, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #2,525 of 18,786
Keith, apologies for asking some irritatingly mundane questions, but, in the spirit of troubleshooting, I must venture forth, where others might fear to tread! :wink:

• Did you buy your 400gb card from an independent trader, or from Amazon themselves (as in 'dispatched from, and sold by, Amazon', rather than from an independent via Amazon, eBay, etc.)?
  • Do you have any peculiar characters in your folder names?
  • Do you have any unusually long file names on the memory card?
  • Are your folders nested several directories deep, or no more than 2 or 3 directories deep?
  • Do you have any unusual files in your music folders? (html files, or EAC log files, or other non-music type files, such as .bmp, .psd image files, etc.)
  • Is your memory card packed to the gills with data, or is there a reasonable amount of free space left on it?
  • What program are you using to transfer your music files to the memory card?
  • What hardware device are you controlling Poly with?
  • What software are you controlling Poly with?

Keith, further to these suggestions, and I tried most of these with an iBasso DX90 that constantly fully rebuilt its database every time I turned on, you might like to try reformatting with free utility SDFORMATTER. I suffered for a few months along with only a couple of others. I had tried Sandisk and Sansung cards, formatted in Fiio dap, within Windows and as they came formatted new but couldn’t stop a database rebuild as any previous info was somehow not being seen. iBasso suggested sending back, but finally I reformatted in that utility and never a problem since. Might just be worth a try if all else fails.

Oct 23, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #2,526 of 18,786
I have been feeding my Mojo mainly with a LPS-1 and mRendu combo into a W4S RUR and using Roon. Having set the MojoPoly up as a Roon receiver, I have found the sound quality to equal the hardwired approach with the benefit of being mobile.

I have also tried playing via Bluetooth from my iPad or iPhone using Tidal and, again, this sounds very good albeit not as good as Roon by WiFi, but good enough when out of reach of WiFi.

Overall, I’m very impressed so far and the only niggle is WiFi drop outs at the far end of the house, although this is at the extremes of the Poly WiFi Range so to be expected really.

Oct 23, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #2,527 of 18,786
Hi,

Given that deliveries are trickling through and that a few initial impressions are floating about I was hoping that somebody (or a few somebodies) could provide an SQ comparison (I know this is subjective) between the mojo+poly combo and previous transports they've used with the Mojo.

I've been chasing the 'nicest sounding' (again massively subjective) signal for ages, the closest I've gotten to being satisfied is:

Macbook Pro (hqplayer/audirvana) - Curious cable - ifi iusb - M2tech Hiface 2- Chord Clearway Digital coax 3.5mm - mojo.

Has anyone else who has used an independently powered Spdif converter type setup also used the mojo+poly? Is it better, same or worse?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #2,528 of 18,786
A quick update on the issue I have been experiencing with Roon playback, where I was seeing intermittent “track not available on Tidal” error messages.

As advised by @Mojo ideas I had another listen today, having fixed a WiFi issue causing slow internet speeds. I am happy to report that everything is now working flawlessly!

I am so enamoured with the sound (a Tidal masters album I have been listening to sounds phenomenal) that I now intend to get a Roon license after the trial’s expiry.

My only concern now is that I won’t be able to take Mojo&Poly on my week long business trip starting tomorrow as I don’t have the case as of yet.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #2,529 of 18,786
I am getting tired reading about Chord vs Apple comparisons- I am yet to see you post something positive and this constant bitching is getting annoying.

Agree. Got my Poly from the good folks at The Audiobarn here in the UK delivered on Friday morning. Having fun getting this all set up and working. Great build quality, removes my nonsense Apple camera kit cable from this and am looking forward to getting my sd card tomorrow so I can see if I can finally play DSD's from my phone without the lag from my crappy USB cable causing the music to skip and pause.

@Mojo ideas: Pass on a pat on the back to everyone who has worked on this. As a product manager myself, I know product releases are never easy and often people forget to focus on the 98% that works as designed and you only hear back about the 2% that normally is due to issues out of your control (including ID10T user errors). Enjoying my Poly and enjoy the fact that you're on here to provide explanations and insights to the masses. Thanks.

Would it be threadjacking if I start the list of Apple iOS 11 complaints here?!?

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #2,530 of 18,786
Agree. Got my Poly from the good folks at The Audiobarn here in the UK delivered on Friday morning. Having fun getting this all set up and working. Great build quality, removes my nonsense Apple camera kit cable from this and am looking forward to getting my sd card tomorrow so I can see if I can finally play DSD's from my phone without the lag from my crappy USB cable causing the music to skip and pause.

@Mojo ideas: Pass on a pat on the back to everyone who has worked on this. As a product manager myself, I know product releases are never easy and often people forget to focus on the 98% that works as designed and you only hear back about the 2% that normally is due to issues out of your control (including ID10T user errors). Enjoying my Poly and enjoy the fact that you're on here to provide explanations and insights to the masses. Thanks.

Would it be threadjacking if I start the list of Apple iOS 11 complaints here?!?

Agreed. Quite astonishing that a firm of around 25 employees is constantly breaking new ground and leading the way on many fronts. A great achievement. It’s only because their every new release is so keenly anticipated that people tend to get frustrated.

Now, when are those blasted digital amps coming out for my BluDave!!??

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #2,531 of 18,786
For anyone else still waiting in the US or specifically from moon audio, got a heads up from moon audio that they are expecting to begin shipping in about two weeks. According to them, chord will be receiving a shipment from their supplier on wednesday, then shipping them off to the US on thursday. So, through customs and between going to distributors then onto retailers, they estimated two weeks before they are able to start shipping to customers. Slightly disappointing, but two more weeks at this point isnt such a big deal... just hope that there are still free cases available, once its actually in hand.

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #2,532 of 18,786
For anyone else still waiting in the US or specifically from moon audio, got a heads up from moon audio that they are expecting to begin shipping in about two weeks. According to them, chord will be receiving a shipment from their supplier on wednesday, then shipping them off to the US on thursday. So, through customs and between going to distributors then onto retailers, they estimated two weeks before they are able to start shipping to customers. Slightly disappointing, but two more weeks at this point isnt such a big deal... just hope that there are still free cases available, once its actually in hand.
Drew at moon audio did tell me that the free cases were apparently very limited in the US and went very quickly. I'm not sure if he meant any that were bundled or if he was also referring to the promo codes, but that was the response he gave when I asked him about it.

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #2,533 of 18,786
Drew at moon audio did tell me that the free cases were apparently very limited in the US and went very quickly. I'm not sure if he meant any that were bundled or if he was also referring to the promo codes, but that was the response he gave when I asked him about it.

Thats a shame, I only preordered about a month and a half ago once I was absolutely sure it was going to meet my needs and have heard nothing about a free case from moon with my preorder, so it sounds like I wont be getting one. Hard to justify spending at least $100 on a case (an assumption based on the cost of the official mojo case). For the mojo I never wanted a case, but I have some concerns about the connectors between mojo and poly and would feel much more comfortable with a case for support... just hard to justify an extra significant cost like that on a product that is already not cheap to begin with.

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #2,534 of 18,786
We will do what we can on the cases for those that order in the next two weeks I think I can state that in that case you will get one!

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #2,535 of 18,786
Yeah same here. I pre-ordered
Thats a shame, I only preordered about a month and a half ago once I was absolutely sure it was going to meet my needs and have heard nothing about a free case from moon with my preorder, so it sounds like I wont be getting one. Hard to justify spending at least $100 on a case (an assumption based on the cost of the official mojo case). For the mojo I never wanted a case, but I have some concerns about the connectors between mojo and poly and would feel much more comfortable with a case for support... just hard to justify an extra significant cost like that on a product that is already not cheap to begin with.
On September 2nd. I kinda figured that would be the case so I'm not gonna get upset or throw some sort of fit over a limited bonus like some seem to have done on this thread.
We will do what we can on the cases for those that order in the next two weeks I think I can state that in that case you will get one!
That's great news to hear! I'm still pretty new to this community and the hobby, but I have to say that I am extremely impressed with the service you all at chord seem to provide. Especially considering you mentioned there only 25 of you to begin with. That's alot of work for that many people and to take the time to personally respond to customers on here shows dedication to consumers. Greatly appreciate the response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back