Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 2, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #1,816 of 18,785
It sounds like there are already several thousand pre-orders (some of them placed as long ago as January) ahead of you in the queue.
They should have priority regarding any of the cases. :rage:

Yes, I am well aware of that...I was referring to this recent post by John Franks:

"We at Chord are making 500 cases available free of charge splitting these to our distributors who will receive them with their first production shipments they will most likely order some more so i guess it's very likely you'll get your free case"

Aug 2, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #1,817 of 18,785
Yes, I am well aware of that...I was referring to this recent post by John Franks:

"We at Chord are making 500 cases available free of charge splitting these to our distributors who will receive them with their first production shipments they will most likely order some more so i guess it's very likely you'll get your free case"
I read that post as well, and John Franks has given you the answer in good faith. The first 500 cases will be free to the distributors, but after that if the distributors order more, the cost of the case will have to come out of either the distributors profit margin, or the dealers profit margin.
You are trying to get Sevenoaks to provide you with a free case - but remember that Sevenoaks are a well known British HiFI chain, so they probably have many pre-orders ahead of yours. Those customers will be angry if you receive a free case, and they do not.

Aug 2, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #1,818 of 18,785
I read that post as well, and John Franks has given you the answer in good faith. The first 500 cases will be free to the distributors, but after that if the distributors order more, the cost of the case will have to come out of either the distributors profit margin, or the dealers profit margin.
You are trying to get Sevenoaks to provide you with a free case - but remember that Sevenoaks are a well known British HiFI chain, so they probably have many pre-orders ahead of yours. Those customers will be angry if you receive a free case, and they do not.

Based on my conversations with the store manager, they are currently not officially taking preorders- there is nothing on their website.

They did say that if I place a preorder, I'd be the first in line to get a Poly and, potentially, the case.

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #1,819 of 18,785
Based on my conversations with the store manager, they are currently not officially taking preorders- there is nothing on their website.

They did say that if I place a preorder, I'd be the first in line to get a Poly and, potentially, the case.
That does surprise me. Sevenoaks are a major HiFi chain, but their competitors around the world have been accepting pre-orders since January (although I accept that none of these pre-orders have yet been delivered).
If you are their first 'unofficial' pre-order, then best wishes to you.

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #1,820 of 18,785

Well there you go. You have an incentive now to pre-order.

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #1,822 of 18,785
Preorder placed (Sevenoaks Sound&Vision)- can't wait already!
Let the long waiting game begin:p

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #1,824 of 18,785
We have a complex module in design that is more suited for Hugo2

But would it work with the Hugo2 or not, leaving aside the fact that it might not have the best ergonomic characteristics? I was under the impression that one of Polys feautures was that it could be used with other devices than the Mojo as well.

Aug 5, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #1,825 of 18,785
Is the Poly shipping yet? Take my money already...
This is the most up to date news https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...in-1st-post-◄★☆.831347/page-120#post-13632928
We are almost one week into the month, so presumably chord now have some ready to ship - but the post does imply that there are already several thousand pre-orders in the queue.
If you pre-order now, then presumably your best case is that you receive your Poly near the end of the month, and the worst case is early next month.
Check the Chord Facebook page, because they announced the start of Hugo 2 shipping on that page.

Aug 5, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #1,826 of 18,785
But would it work with the Hugo2 or not, leaving aside the fact that it might not have the best ergonomic characteristics? I was under the impression that one of Polys feautures was that it could be used with other devices than the Mojo as well.

I really do not understand why Chord does not answer this question in a clear way.

There are several posts asking the same but no answer at all.

We still want to know :wink:

Aug 5, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #1,828 of 18,785
^
I pre-ordered in February. Don't really care anymore since the release date keeps moving. When it's out it's out. I'll be happy whenever that is. If I'm still alive. :grin:

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #1,829 of 18,785
Please can someone tell me what the specification is that allows a phone to communicate with the Poly.

I am looking at phones to buy, and don't know what to look for on the spec-sheets.

I assume, but might be wrong, that all phones can hook up to a wi-fi network to receive data. Like you laptop connects to a wi-fi network. However a phone will have to talk to the Mojo and vice versa. What's that called. ... I have seen a spec called NFC - Near Filed Communication. However I don't know if that means instruction can travel both ways. ... Sorry I'm a total newbie to smartphones.

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #1,830 of 18,785
^
Phone just needs to have Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back