Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 18, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #1,652 of 18,775
I wonder if you have any idea what technology is inside Poly and what it will do for your Mojo there are many far less capable products in market for mobile players at five times the price and there are plenty of full sized streamer and server products at more than ten times the price that are less capable too. Possibly you've underestimated what has been achieved in Poly One new additional feature that has now been included is that Poly can now act as its own hot WiFi spot and there will be more announcements of features to follow. The first small batch of Poly's around 250 pieces are expecting to ship out from Chord around the 27th of June and that's certainly no laughing matter
volume shipments will commence toward the end of July dependant on outstanding world components suppliers.

So I guess what you're telling me is that I should start calling around the minute I clear customs at Heathrow on 02 July and keep my fingers crossed that someone in greater London has one left.

VAT refund makes Mojo amd Poly much more affordable. :wink:

Jun 18, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #1,653 of 18,775
So I guess what you're telling me is that I should start calling around the minute I clear customs at Heathrow on 02 July and keep my fingers crossed that someone in greater London has one left.

The functionality offered by the Poly can seem complex to new customers, so many of the first batch will be used by distributors and dealers, to become used to how to demo the Poly to customers. https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/c...-in-1st-post-◄★☆.831347/page-99#post-13372121

Consequently you may find it difficult to locate a Poly available to buy at a dealers - but you may strike lucky.
You will stand more chance with the second batch, which will be ready in July.

Jun 21, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #1,654 of 18,775

VAT refund? How do you get one of those? I just bought a HTC 10 from HTC Canada today and I got a surprise VAT charge of $98.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #1,655 of 18,775
VAT refund? How do you get one of those? I just bought a HTC 10 from HTC Canada today and I got a surprise VAT charge of $98.
If you are visiting and buy while visiting you can get a VAT refund after you leave or if you buy FROM the UK but are receiving it elsewhere.
But if you import something from anothwr country you normally get taxed when it arrives in your country, which would be why you got a surprise VAT.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #1,656 of 18,775
If you are visiting and buy while visiting you can get a VAT refund after you leave or if you buy FROM the UK but are receiving it elsewhere.
But if you import something from anothwr country you normally get taxed when it arrives in your country, which would be why you got a surprise VAT.
Ok thanks.

Jun 22, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #1,657 of 18,775

Every country is defferent, but in the UK when you are a non-EU resident you can ask the retailer to give you a special receipt that doubles as a request for a refund of the VAT that is baked into the price. You can either fill it out and mail it in when you get home or take care of it at the airport (at Heathrow you do it at Travelex) and likely get cash or a credit to your card.

The UK VAT rate is 20 percent, so the RRP of £399 for a Mojo includes almost £80 of VAT. At the current exchange rate, the ex-VAT price of the Mojo is less than $420. Good luck finding one for $420 in the US.

Jun 24, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #1,658 of 18,775
Dear all head-fier interested in Chord Poly, esp. people in Singapore,
Could you please point me toward good stores (good price and trustworthy mechandise) in Singapore that would carry Chord Poly this July? I've been buying from Jaben Sing but I don't really like Jaben (just my personal taste).
Also, do you know any good stores for Beyer Xelento Bluetooth which would also be available in July?
Much thanks in advance for any guidance / pointers.

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #1,659 of 18,775
Hi guys this is just to let every one know that we are expecting to receive our very first production batch of Two hundred and fifty Poly's at the end of next week these will be divided by market size and allocated to our distributors inorder for them to become familiar with all the many functions. We will also Be holding some back for reviewers and a few friends, so we will be getting those out when they arrive directly. High volume production of many thousands will commence at the end of July. John E Franks

Jun 24, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #1,660 of 18,775
Hi guys this is just to let every one know that we are expecting to receive our very first production batch of Two hundred and fifty Poly's at the end of next week these will be divided by market size and allocated to our distributors inorder for them to become familiar with all the many functions. We will also Be holding some back for reviewers and a few friends, so we will be getting those out when they arrive directly. High volume production of many thousands will commence at the end of July. John E Franks

will Bluebird/United States get some love in this first batch?

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #1,661 of 18,775
Dear all head-fier interested in Chord Poly, esp. people in Singapore,
Could you please point me toward good stores (good price and trustworthy mechandise) in Singapore that would carry Chord Poly this July? I've been buying from Jaben Sing but I don't really like Jaben (just my personal taste).
Also, do you know any good stores for Beyer Xelento Bluetooth which would also be available in July?
Much thanks in advance for any guidance / pointers.

You could try AV One at Adelphi. Store is right beside Jaben. Can look for Jeremy.

Jun 27, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #1,664 of 18,775
One new additional feature that has now been included is that Poly can now act as its own hot WiFi spot and there will be more announcements of features to follow.
I'm sure that this one feature will make a lot of potential Poly owners very happy. Glad that Chord has worked toward this. Curious now what the other features may be.

That's excellent news indeed!

Jul 1, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #1,665 of 18,775
Although Poly is platform-agnostic, it'll be interesting to see which platform is most attracted to Poly, what with the recent iOS CCK issues.

I'm looking forward to hearing Mojo sing 'wirelessly' (headphone cable notwithstanding). Interesting times...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back