Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 7, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #245 of 18,757
Seconded. The last one in particular is important to know. Can you use Poly when mobile is in airplane mode or battery is dead??

I might agree it if actually interfaced to the Mojo through a proper mechanical fixing. Surely you can't deny that the Poly is an after-thought and would have been implemented in a much more elegant way had both it and the Mojo been designed for each other?

I have a few questions that might help inform people better:

Can you tell us if the USB interface allows proprietary control of the Mojo from the Phone app? For example, will we be able to modify the Mojo volume remotely and see the balls change colour?

How do you avoid stressing the Mojo input port connectors with the various dummy plugs being used?

Given that a lot of people fly, what scope is there for playing music with the controller in Flight Safe mode?

Many thanks for your time

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #249 of 18,757
Ridiculous analogy.

A camera can't work without a lens, and the manufacturing challenges of a lens far exceed the challenges of sticking some electronics in a body.

A Mojo works fine without a Poly. A Mojo is innovative and converts a variety of digital input streams into wonderful sound. A Poly is a cobbled together box that manages to connect to a Mojo by a Heath-Robinson set of dummy plugs. A Poly is an afterthought introduced to capitalise on the very successful Mojo.
Thank you for your "insight " and who do you design for?

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #250 of 18,757
My transport for the mojo right now is a s5 that is only used for transport with sd card in it. If I can take said sd card put it in poly and fully control my music from my phone that I carry all the time anyway. I'll probably get one.

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #251 of 18,757
As we've said 2.4 GHz is still the right choice I don't think you understand the economics of production and bringing a product to a global market any increase in the bom is greatly magnified by the marketing, distribution and retail costs margins by the time it comes to market. so please understand we do know what is the right choice for our products and advice from people without the facts to hand is not useful.

I work for a global company designing complicated mixed signal boards and writing the firmware for the FPGA and ASICs that control them and process the data. I know all about BOMs, production concerns, cost and scheduling.

You can make your products however you want. But as a consumer, it is by no means unreasonable for me to criticize the end result. It is however, rather unprofessional to insult the intelligence of the people who buy your products. I understand you're frustrated with the reception of your new product. Don't take it out on me.

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #252 of 18,757
https://youtu.be/dcle_wKfw_E

Poly in this video..

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #253 of 18,757
I work for a global company designing complicated mixed signal boards and writing the firmware for the FPGA and ASICs that control them and process the data. I know all about BOMs, production concerns, cost and scheduling.

You can make your products however you want. But as a consumer, it is by no means unreasonable for me to criticize the end result. It is however, rather unprofessional to insult the intelligence of the people who buy your products. I understand you're frustrated with the reception of your new product. Don't take it out on me.

Well said. The frustration is becoming quite apparent in some of the responses from Chord. I'm reserving judgment until I see and hear the Poly in action. I'm happy you can control the volume from the phone, I hope that there is a way to use eq as well.

Mojo ideas is it possible to eq through the phone as well?

I'm going to order one regardless of eq.

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #254 of 18,757
Thank you for your "insight " and who do you design for?

I'm sorry if I've touched a nerve. Perhaps you could tell me which comment you disagree with and why?

1) A Mojo works fine without a Poly.

2) A Mojo is innovative and converts a variety of digital input streams into wonderful sound.

3) A Poly is a cobbled together box that manages to connect to a Mojo by a Heath-Robinson set of dummy plugs.

4) A Poly is an afterthought introduced to capitalise on the very successful Mojo.

​I'm assuming it's 3) or 4) ? If so, how does it mechanically connect  if not by dummy plugs? Was the Poly not conceived after the Mojo was released?

I have purchased two Mojos and think they are great. Do you really think insulting customers is a good way to run a business?

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #255 of 18,757
Not going to buy a Poly I guess, however I am curious whether my Sony K800i will drive it. Heeheh!
tongue.gif
 haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back