Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 20, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #10,696 of 18,757
Could there be a toggle within GoFigure called “pure direct” that’s intended for the most die-hard audiophile? It would put the Poly in Airplane Mode, and display a warning that “metadata will not be available”.
To be clear, my intention here is to achieve the best possible audio quality for my home stereo setup. This would be similar to what DVD players, HT receivers, and other devices have done in the past, where the display screen, video processing, are shut down to cater to the audio purist.

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #10,697 of 18,757
Could there be a toggle within GoFigure called “pure direct” that’s intended for the most die-hard audiophile? It would put the Poly in Airplane Mode, and display a warning that “metadata will not be available”.
To be clear, my intention here is to achieve the best possible audio quality for my home stereo setup. This would be similar to what DVD players, HT receivers, and other devices have done in the past, where the display screen, video processing, are shut down to cater to the audio purist.
Some lateral thinking, and an interesting idea - so it will be interesting to read some feedback from other Poly owners as well. :slight_smile:

Aug 21, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #10,699 of 18,757
Aug 21, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #10,700 of 18,757
@Matt Bartlett Any update on the 'BlueZ 5.43' Matt? Thanks...
I think I've worked out why my poly was renamed BlueZ 5.43 on the connection screen with the android beta Gofigure. I had renamed it 'Colly's Poly' (I know I know, but this is supposed to be fun) in the setup process and I suspect Gofigure did not like the non alphanumeric character in the name and so reported the Bluetooth LE version instead of the name of Poly. I then renamed my poly through settings to just 'Poly' and after a restart that name appeared in Gofigure and the BlueZ went away. Perhaps try connecting to BlueZ 5.43 and then rename your Poly something very simple? I have reported this bug via the feedback form.

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #10,701 of 18,757
I think I've worked out why my poly was renamed BlueZ 5.43 on the connection screen with the android beta Gofigure. I had renamed it 'Colly's Poly' (I know I know, but this is supposed to be fun) in the setup process and I suspect Gofigure did not like the non alphanumeric character in the name and so reported the Bluetooth LE version instead of the name of Poly. I then renamed my poly through settings to just 'Poly' and after a restart that name appeared in Gofigure and the BlueZ went away. Perhaps try connecting to BlueZ 5.43 and then rename your Poly something very simple? I have reported this bug via the feedback form.
Hi, I figured that out yesterday after renaming it back to Poly but I can't seem to connect with Gofigure though. It tries to connect and stops in the middle and doesn't proceed. Plus for some reason the phone is getting a notification saying Poly's trying to pair and even if I accept it's not getting connected through Gofigure. Any ideas?
Thanks...

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #10,702 of 18,757
Hi, I figured that out yesterday after renaming it back to Poly but I can't seem to connect with Gofigure though. It tries to connect and stops in the middle and doesn't proceed. Plus for some reason the phone is getting a notification saying Poly's trying to pair and even if I accept it's not getting connected through Gofigure. Any ideas?
Thanks...

Same here, which is the reason why I personally haven't filled in the beta report form, per Chord's reporting that they have had little feedback. Can't start GoFigure yet, so waiting on a second revision or something. Happens on two of my devices, so I think it's more of a genral problem than related to one particular model.

Aug 21, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #10,703 of 18,757
Same here, which is the reason why I personally haven't filled in the beta report form, per Chord's reporting that they have had little feedback. Can't start GoFigure yet, so waiting on a second revision or something. Happens on two of my devices, so I think it's more of a genral problem than related to one particular model.
I can connect on both an android 8 phone and an android 6 tablet. I don't accept any Bluetooth connection but generally I have to kill the app at least once before it connects. Bluetooth has to be on on your device before you start. Even then Gofigure can hang on the Polys Near You Screen. It can hang when you select your Poly: the waiting. .. circle can just go on and on. If it takes more than 20 seconds on either of these I kill the app and start again. Second or third time it usually works. When you get from the waiting... circle to a progress bar in the middle of the screen you'll know it's working, though again it takes 30 seconds or so before you're in. I think GoFigure may be more prone to hang when other bluetooth devices are nearby but I'm not certain about that. It seems pretty random. Poly remains a lesson in patience for those who love her. It would be nice if the final release of GoFigure just worked, but I guess Chord need our help to iron out the bugs.

Aug 21, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #10,704 of 18,757
I can connect on both an android 8 phone and an android 6 tablet. I don't accept any Bluetooth connection but generally I have to kill the app at least once before it connects. Bluetooth has to be on on your device before you start. Even then Gofigure can hang on the Polys Near You Screen. It can hang when you select your Poly: the waiting. .. circle can just go on and on. If it takes more than 20 seconds on either of these I kill the app and start again. Second or third time it usually works. When you get from the waiting... circle to a progress bar in the middle of the screen you'll know it's working, though again it takes 30 seconds or so before you're in. I think GoFigure may be more prone to hang when other bluetooth devices are nearby but I'm not certain about that. It seems pretty random. Poly remains a lesson in patience for those who love her. It would be nice if the final release of GoFigure just worked, but I guess Chord need our help to iron out the bugs.
This echoes my GoFigure connecting experience too.

Aug 21, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #10,705 of 18,757
Aug 21, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #10,706 of 18,757
Same here, which is the reason why I personally haven't filled in the beta report form, per Chord's reporting that they have had little feedback.

that is such disappointing reading... if you have a problem however small it would be appreciated if you can fill out the 'feedback form' and send it back to Chord so they have the opportunity to fix any issues that you/others may be experiencing.

I don't own a Mojo/Poly or Smartphone, I don't work for or get any rewards (financial or otherwise) from Chord but here I am, a fellow Head-Fi'er trying to assist where I can... whilst Matt is away I have tech-help, I fire questions over to them from the 'thread' every day and will post answers as & when I receive them... so please keep that 'feedback' coming.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #10,707 of 18,757
that is such disappointing reading... if you have a problem however small it would be appreciated if you can fill out the 'feedback form' and send it back to Chord so they have the opportunity to fix any issues that you/others may be experiencing.

I don't own a Mojo/Poly or Smartphone, I don't work for or get any rewards (financial or otherwise) from Chord but here I am, a fellow Head-Fi'er trying to assist where I can... whilst Matt is away I have tech-help, I fire questions over to them from the 'thread' every day and will post answers as & when I receive them... so please keep that 'feedback' coming.

I can give them the name of my phone. To be honest, I did consider that, but then there's nothing else I feel I can contribute. Fingers crossed that other people have had a better experience and Chord can build on their feedback. I do appreciate more knowledgeable people such as yourself, and hope that between you guys, Chord can turn this product's software development around.

Aug 21, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #10,708 of 18,757
I can give them the name of my phone. To be honest, I did consider that, but then there's nothing else I feel I can contribute. Fingers crossed that other people have had a better experience and Chord can build on their feedback. I do appreciate more knowledgeable people such as yourself, and hope that between you guys, Chord can turn this product's software development around.

It really helps Matt to know the 'Make & Model' of the phone/device that people are using (apparently there are subtle nuances between Brands using Android), especially if you are encountering problems.

This thread reminds me of the legendry 'iBasso DX100' thread (link below)… it was the first Hi-End DAP and it received a lot of flak because it was buggy, Head-Fi'ers rallied around and eventually got it sorted, it proved to me the power of a Forum to sort problems with a product.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...ns-downloads-video-new-firmware-1-4-2.592076/

Aug 21, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #10,709 of 18,757
Hi all, I tried to stream an playback from mconnect. It work as well as glider or 8player to playback the SD card and the streaming from qobuz or Tidal is included. Mconnect work also on Android. Great application.

411DD6AB-7298-45A0-B027-F6F2D757DD75.png
529F0FA7-1617-4442-94AB-DFB5D3043A14.png
FD6ED8A6-7424-4ADB-96FF-A54A95677669.png
265D29E0-80C2-46EE-8E7B-55828268C870.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back