Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 21, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #9,121 of 18,774
No, I mean "If I want to output all audio from a computer, I have to connect the mojo via USB so it can be an external DAC."
I'm using Roon for music [files] streaming from "the home network".
I can airplay to the Poly, which kind of works for general computer audio.

-j
There are third party software tools to allow airplay of any content on your pc - would that help you?

Apr 21, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #9,125 of 18,774
Apr 22, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #9,127 of 18,774
What would be the best app to use for playing mojo via microsd card on android phone? I am using bubbleupnp but signal keeps dropping.
Currently MALP by a country mile. Plays gaplessly and can play DSDs. Poly's implementation of MPD has a couple of minor bugs (not indexing MP3s or DSDs to the MPD library) but the files can still be played so aren't showstoppers.

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #9,128 of 18,774
@JeremyLaurenson That's a great shame, I've spent many fruitless hours trying to get Poly to do anything that's promised in the advertising, and your insight was all that kept me going.

I too have given up, and have now written to @Matt Bartlett demanding a refund on a piece of kit that is fundamentally not fit for purpose. The only functionality that vaguely worked was as a Roon endpoint, but that failed with 1.0.26, and their tech support's response was a half-hearted "yes we know it's a problem." I'm going to buy something that actually works.

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #9,129 of 18,774
Currently MALP by a country mile. Plays gaplessly and can play DSDs. Poly's implementation of MPD has a couple of minor bugs (not indexing MP3s or DSDs to the MPD library) but the files can still be played so aren't showstoppers.
Ok, thanks for the advice. Can't believe chord actually released a half finished product into the market. I am sure the price for poly includes the user interface cost, yet no news for gofigure app on android users.

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #9,130 of 18,774
Ok, thanks for the advice. Can't believe chord actually released a half finished product into the market. I am sure the price for poly includes the user interface cost, yet no news for gofigure app on android users.
I understand your frustration - those of us who have been on this thread for months, waiting for stuff to be resolved, have occasionally vented -- BUT there's good news re Android GoFigure! Chord on this thread announced that they're going to release it 6 weeks after the Apple release, which by my reckoning should be May 20th. Mark it in your diary and count down the days!

Apr 22, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #9,131 of 18,774
:frowning2: I hesitate to ask the specifics so we might learn something?
@JeremyLaurenson That's a great shame, I've spent many fruitless hours trying to get Poly to do anything that's promised in the advertising, and your insight was all that kept me going.

I too have given up, and have now written to @Matt Bartlett demanding a refund on a piece of kit that is fundamentally not fit for purpose. The only functionality that vaguely worked was as a Roon endpoint, but that failed with 1.0.26, and their tech support's response was a half-hearted "yes we know it's a problem." I'm going to buy something that actually works.
Ill try the refund route as well.. Iv spent 5 months trying, assuming GoFigure would help.

Apr 22, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #9,133 of 18,774
I cant blame you for giving up and selling your kit, it really has annoyed me at times and where I wanted to throw it away/off a wall, Poly not mojo.

I know poly’s fw and gofigure are still beta, but, can you not hold off selling for a month or two ? hopefully upgraded firmware and gofigure updates get released.

I asked John if gofigure was also going to control 2go which he replied “ yes, but with more features “. So gofigure will get updates, hopefully a good few before 2go is released.

If you can, please reconsider, your input and your website gave users much needed help.

Apr 22, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #9,135 of 18,774
I cant blame you for giving up and selling your kit, it really has annoyed me at times and where I wanted to throw it away/off a wall, Poly not mojo.

I know poly’s fw and gofigure are still beta, but, can you not hold off selling for a month or two ? hopefully upgraded firmware and gofigure updates get released.

I asked John if gofigure was also going to control 2go which he replied “ yes, but with more features “. So gofigure will get updates, hopefully a good few before 2go is released.

If you can, please reconsider, your input and your website gave users much needed help.

perhaps the reason we are given half baked products is because of the "gotta have it yesterday" mentality that seems prevalent amongst audiophiles.

You want it to stop?

Stop preordering every new piece of kit put in front of you. it is painfully obvious that the manufacturers of these devices are confident they can peddle any half baked garbage they want because of the infusion of "crazy cash" (my nomenclature) that they take as a tacit sign of approval to keep pumping out half baked garbage. once we as consumers shut it down, it will stop. oh and having a lineup of willing participants in the review world can also be beneficial in the furtherance of this kind practice. I'm not picking on Chord as much as a good portion of the industry that has found that the hype machine pays dividends.

So let dude go if he chooses. he spent well over 150 days (his estimation) trying to help the community and the manufacturer getting this turd polished. I do believe he has earned the right to leave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back