Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 30, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #4,126 of 18,821
Yeah I never get to see dlna servers so it’s a non starter here too.

Poly is constantly dropping and reconnecting, which doesn’t happen with any other client

Yes, that is exactly what I am seeing in my logs, as well. The Meraki support guy says it is the client that is requesting the deauthentication, it isn't something they do unless requested.

I thought I was on to something but false alarm. I noticed in your config that you were allowing WPA1 and WPA2. My config was limited to WPA2 only. I changed it and for 60 seconds Roon was playing along just fine. But then the dropouts started again, so that wasn't an issue.

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #4,127 of 18,821
Yes, that is exactly what I am seeing in my logs, as well. The Meraki support guy says it is the client that is requesting the deauthentication, it isn't something they do unless requested.

I thought I was on to something but false alarm. I noticed in your config that you were allowing WPA1 and WPA2. My config was limited to WPA2 only. I changed it and for 60 seconds Roon was playing along just fine. But then the dropouts started again, so that wasn't an issue.
@Matt Bartlett is this on your radar?

Dec 1, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #4,128 of 18,821
Yes this is on our radar and we are working on it. I think you'll admit that the Meraki is a pretty complex and very powerful product and not like your everyday consumer router. With the info and logs you kindly provided we are getting a solution together.

Dec 1, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #4,129 of 18,821
Yes this is on our radar and we are working on it. I think you'll admit that the Meraki is a pretty complex and very powerful product and not like your everyday consumer router. With the info and logs you kindly provided we are getting a solution together.

Cisco and Apple have a partnership I am involved in as a result, in part, of a request from Apple to help get their operation on corporate networks better.

At the same time, there are tons of devices that work just fine and I should be surprised that the 802.11 Wireless code doesn't have updates to make them more corporate friendly as well as solve for some of the recent vulnerabilities.

I did offer to ship you guys a Meraki AP or two in order to test since I believe a lot of users will want to "listen at work". Again, do not underestimate the numbers here - or at least the numbers of users with multiple APs to cover a larger house. Roaming may be the issue here - when to switch Access Points and how to do it. This will be an issue in more than just corporate environments.

Meraki is sort of a prosumer brand and above that are full-fledged corporate WLAN systems you'd see at offices, business parks, stadiums etc.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #4,130 of 18,821
Cisco and Apple have a partnership I am involved in as a result, in part, of a request from Apple to help get their operation on corporate networks better.

At the same time, there are tons of devices that work just fine and I should be surprised that the 802.11 Wireless code doesn't have updates to make them more corporate friendly as well as solve for some of the recent vulnerabilities.

I did offer to ship you guys a Meraki AP or two in order to test since I believe a lot of users will want to "listen at work". Again, do not underestimate the numbers here - or at least the numbers of users with multiple APs to cover a larger house. Roaming may be the issue here - when to switch Access Points and how to do it. This will be an issue in more than just corporate environments.

Meraki is sort of a prosumer brand and above that are full-fledged corporate WLAN systems you'd see at offices, business parks, stadiums etc.

Thanks for the offer. I'll PM you for the details.

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #4,131 of 18,821
Of the iPhone apps that I have seen mentioned, I really like Glider. It has a clean and unfussy interface which is easy and intuitive to use. It is also very quick to respond in conjunction with my MojoPoly, which is good because the first app that I tried was frustratingly slow to respond and navigate files.

There were a couple of issues that I had with my data extraction but, having queried them, it seems that they have been fixed in the current beta. I got a very quick response and Joe, the designer, seems very switched on and positively engaged. He is following this thread and taking onboard feedback from Poly users which bodes well for wider usability for those who have had problems. I only came across Glider through this thread, but I hope that the app does well. Certainly, it is worth checking it out if you haven’t already done so.

The only thing that I would like to see added is a ‘folders’ view which, I think, is on the radar if not on the schedule.

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #4,132 of 18,821
Has anyone who uses files from SD card suffered from losing album art?

I can't put my finger on whether it's the Poly, one of the apps I am trying out or a conflict between the apps. I have a mix of some artwork inside the album as a folder.jpg and some must be embedded in tracks. When I put a clean card in with just music folders the apps show the artwork but later (seemingly when there is no stable connection between the phone & Poly) the album art gets removed and changes to a placeholder image (this happens on more than one app).

I believe that a file is being updated on the SD card and at that time it thinks there is no artwork and saves that as the status from then on. If I delete the files that were not on the SD card before putting it in thr Poly I get the artwork back (for a short-time before they all go again).

Steve

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #4,133 of 18,821
The first major software up date will be out later today or latest tomorrow and one of the many fixes will be a full 64 and special character set for you to play with for your pass words

John,

Not trying to be a pain in the ass, but, has it been released and what if anything do we have to do to get it? We were told that you guys would give us more details. From some of the posts, it appears that we should just leave the Poly on connected to the NET?? Please elaborate for us?

Thanks

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #4,134 of 18,821
John,

Not trying to be a pain in the ass, but, has it been released and what if anything do we have to do to get it? We were told that you guys would give us more details. From some of the posts, it appears that we should just leave the Poly on connected to the NET?? Please elaborate for us?

Thanks

it's supposed to show up as a firmware update on the Access Point Mode screen.

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #4,135 of 18,821
it's supposed to show up as a firmware update on the Access Point Mode screen.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. In "Access Point Mode" you are not connected to the net but between the poly and your wireless device, no? I am assuming, maybe wrong according to the post of Chord, that you need to be connected to the NET in wireless mode not Access Point Mode, to get the update?

Again, it would be nice IF Chord could comment EXACTLY when it was coming and how we get it rather than some nebulous you have to be connected to the net and when it is released the servers will roll it out in a timed manner. Not sure what that means.

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #4,136 of 18,821
Has anyone who uses files from SD card suffered from losing album art?

I can't put my finger on whether it's the Poly, one of the apps I am trying out or a conflict between the apps. I have a mix of some artwork inside the album as a folder.jpg and some must be embedded in tracks. When I put a clean card in with just music folders the apps show the artwork but later (seemingly when there is no stable connection between the phone & Poly) the album art gets removed and changes to a placeholder image (this happens on more than one app).

I believe that a file is being updated on the SD card and at that time it thinks there is no artwork and saves that as the status from then on. If I delete the files that were not on the SD card before putting it in thr Poly I get the artwork back (for a short-time before they all go again).

Steve

I've been having exactly this problem, and I have been thinking it seems to be some sort of conflict between apps. I have had Glider, 8Player and MPDluxe (and Neutron, though I never use that) all on my iPhone at the same time, and as you say, at some point, having loaded artwork successfully, it will then disappear. I haven't been able to pin down the moment when it happens exactly, but the last time it happened was when I asked Glider to sync the library.

As you say, if I delete the db files from the microSD, it loads the artwork again the next time.

I've deleted 8Player and Neutron from my phone now, and will see what happens next.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #4,137 of 18,821
I'm not sure what you mean by that. In "Access Point Mode" you are not connected to the net but between the poly and your wireless device, no? I am assuming, maybe wrong according to the post of Chord, that you need to be connected to the NET in wireless mode not Access Point Mode, to get the update?

Again, it would be nice IF Chord could comment EXACTLY when it was coming and how we get it rather than some nebulous you have to be connected to the net and when it is released the servers will roll it out in a timed manner. Not sure what that means.

Matt said that it gets announced here first bevor you see something, so be patient and keep an eye on this thread.

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #4,138 of 18,821
F55DC605-5605-4615-A73F-CC651A6F2684.jpeg

i am referring to the above from the manual.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back