Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 8, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #3,181 of 18,821
It has a lot more than 3 antennas :wink:, its the Asus RT-AC5300 which is a beast but primarily for offering two separate 5GHz outputs as well as 2.4GHz. I have tried various distances and it gets worse as I move into other rooms. By some fluke I managed to play a complete 24bit/192kHz file all the way through by optimizing the rotated position of the Poly, but after I moved it I have never managed it again since. I wish the Poly had 5GHz as there is so much less neighbor pollution at that frequency (if that is a potential factor)

How could Chord missed that essential WiFi feature? Heck even the 35 USD Google Chromecast has 5 GHz WiFi yet Poly only has 2.4 GHz.

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #3,182 of 18,821
I have a similar issue: If my poly "wakes up", everything ist fine. Great sound, both over wifi and from the SD card.

BUT: In most cases it does not wake up at all! - Sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes, sometimes it helps to start the mojo again, sometimes it helps to put the charger in for a few seconds, sometimes nothing helps.
I also bought a new 2.4 amp charger, so that should be ok.
Does anybody have any suggestions, or should I send the poly back? As such, it is not useful at all and pretty annoying...

Nov 8, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #3,185 of 18,821
How could Chord missed that essential WiFi feature? Heck even the 35 USD Google Chromecast has 5 GHz WiFi yet Poly only has 2.4 GHz.
We have explained a few times on this thread that RF frequencies abovet 4GHz or 5 GHz do not propogate as far as 2.4 GHz especially in apartment blocks made of concrete and rebar this is where the majority of our users will live throughout Asia especially. It wasn’t a drop off on our part more a carefully considered design decision.
RF frequencies above 2.4GHz do not propagate as well as those of 2.4GHz and below especially in apartments made from concrete and rebar where many of our customer live throughout the whole of Asia especially so it wasn’t a design drop off but a considered decision on our part.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #3,186 of 18,821
@Matt Bartlett
Hi Matt

Can you look at the issue that @Whippler and I are having.

When you start up Poly is there supposed to be a light indicating it is searching?

I have a similar issue: If my poly "wakes up", everything ist fine. Great sound, both over wifi and from the SD card.

BUT: In most cases it does not wake up at all! - Sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes, sometimes it helps to start the mojo again, sometimes it helps to put the charger in for a few seconds, sometimes nothing helps.
Does anybody have any suggestions, or should I send the poly back? As such, it is not useful at all and pretty annoying...

How old Mojos you guys have? Maybe it could be an issue with older Mojo firmware, I remember reading something about some minor changes being there too on the later models. I recently changed a battery to my Mojo and on the board it says "MOJO_ISSUE2 1/8/15"

Nov 8, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #3,187 of 18,821

Try just leaving it alone and just wait if there are a lot of WiFi signals about it will have to verifi them all. If you inerupt the process it will have to start from the beginning

Nov 8, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #3,188 of 18,821
My SD reader doesn’t work if I connect to the Poly over bluetooth? It only works when it’s connected over Wifi to the iPhone?

It doesn’t make sense because the SD reader doesn’t need to transmit data to the iPhone. The iPhone is just a controller so there shouldn’t anything that should prevent the SD reader from playing my high-res music from the Poly when using Bluetooth?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #3,190 of 18,821
The bluetooth control feature allowing SDcard playback in the new app might well save this product for me. Otherwise its going back/getting sold. Staying at a hotel - connected to wifi, but nothing plays, audirvana shuts off (wifi issue I guess?), 8player connects and allegedly plays but no sound through Poly. I'm fed up with the constant niggles, the Poly is hostage to too many variables (apps, wifi). For the price, its not really adequate.

Nov 8, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #3,191 of 18,821
The bluetooth control feature allowing SDcard playback in the new app might well save this product for me. Otherwise its going back/getting sold. Staying at a hotel - connected to wifi, but nothing plays, audirvana shuts off (wifi issue I guess?), 8player connects and allegedly plays but no sound through Poly. I'm fed up with the constant niggles, the Poly is hostage to too many variables (apps, wifi). For the price, its not really adequate.

Has it been confirmed that the SD reader will work over bluetooth in a future update? I'm kinda late to the party so I have no idea what will be fixed.

I actually strictly use the SD reader the entire day as I got all my high-res music on it. And the sound quality is excellent. I see alot of potential in the Poly + Mojo which is why I didn't return it yet.

Still assessing the situation about the Poly + Mojo.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #3,192 of 18,821
is there any defrence in sound if you play FLAC from poly SD card or from your phone to Mojo through USB ?
looks that poly need some time to be fully fixed from issues ..

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #3,194 of 18,821
Nov 8, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #3,195 of 18,821
The bluetooth control feature allowing SDcard playback in the new app might well save this product for me.

I haven't seen a device where you can control it through bluetooth. All I know so far is that music gets compressed to bluetooth through A2DP, but nothing special such browsing files through bluetooth by an app. It's always been done through SMB which no current bluetooth technology can handle AFAIK. As such you have to use Poly's hotspot feature for that, or for more reliability at home, your own high performance router.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to add a 5 GHz chip to Poly in a case when you're at home you can setup multiple access points to cover the whole house with ultra-fast and ultra reliable 5 GHz WiFi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back