Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 10, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #2,165 of 18,780
I have paired the Mojo with my Onkyo DP-X1 using coax and I can tell you it sounds much better IMO.... so theres that :)

I totally believe you. So I did try the Mojo with some different sources in line out mode. It does make a difference indeed. The difference is not great but perceptible with the ultraRendu, between the phone and pc I could not pick up a difference really. However where the Mojo really opened up was when upsampling with Roon DSP. The improvement in tonality, imaging and depth is just great, it was a very welcome yet unsurprising find. For those who are in the edge about trying Roon or HQplayer I can only recommend to try it and prepare your wallets.

Oct 11, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #2,166 of 18,780
I have paired the Mojo with my Onkyo DP-X1 using coax and I can tell you it sounds much better IMO.... so theres that :)
Sorry to inquire, but how did you manage that? I cannot force my dpx1 to output to mojo by any means. Paired it with ak70 for the time being... love the sound with angies though, better than anything balanced out of ak70.

Oct 11, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #2,168 of 18,780
Sorry to inquire, but how did you manage that? I cannot force my dpx1 to output to mojo by any means. Paired it with ak70 for the time being... love the sound with angies though, better than anything balanced out of ak70.

Right you are! For the X1 I uses a USB on the go cable. For the FiiO X7 I used the FiiO Coax adapter. My apologies.

In either case the mojo sounded better.

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #2,172 of 18,780
I gave in and placed another preorder with a London store just now (I previously had another one but cancelled it once the release date was pushed back a few months ago);
I was told that a Chord rep had visited them onsite the day before and confirmed that they will be getting and allocation of five units delivered next week.

Somewhat unexpectedly, I was informed that I made preorder number two so, knock on wood, I should be getting a call to come pick up my unit on 17.10.17! (unless the unthinkable happens and there is a further delay)

Oct 12, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #2,173 of 18,780
Well, Moon Audio can’t tell me anything about my preorder.

“At last check I was told the Poly is launching to all dealers worldwide on October 19th. We hope to start shipping in about 10 days.”

So... maybe I’ll get one... maybe by the 25th?

All in all, pretty freakin nebulous for $630...

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #2,175 of 18,780
Ordered back in Feb. Fingers crossed for one very soon.

I ordered in February as well. I've ran out of appendages to cross. In fact, I was just revived from a blackout from holding my breath for too long as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back