Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 13, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #18,736 of 18,757
I finally had some time to sit down and update the Poly to v3.2.4, but the android app (which according to the play store is up to date) tells me i'm up to date with v3.2.1.

I've cleared cache, restarted the app, but no luck.

EDIT: Also tried directly from the Poly using the pinhole. no luck there either.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #18,737 of 18,757
Good to see you posting again.

A few weeks ago it seemed that the ios version of GoFigure was struggling to update Poly and 2Go, but the android version worked.
Having said that, I will add the qualifying comment that it took me 3 attempts before the android version updated correctly.

Since then, there have been posts on the Poly, 2Go, M2 threads stating that Chord are experiencing issues with their update server, and this is causing problems for some owners. It would be good for Chord to post a further status update regarding their server.

The only fix seems to be 'Keep Calm And Wait For Further News'.

Hi Mike, after trying to update numerous times and always getting a “device disconnected” error, I reset my poly via gofigure but it never did reset to factory defaults, I also poked poly with a ……. to get it to reset, it did reset mostly but it for some reason kept all my wifi settings and passwords, but other than that it reset everything and luckily it still wouldn’t update :grinning: I sent a quick email to Ed at support and he told me about server side issues, and when I think about it, the symptoms fit what Ed said about the server problems.

Probably their server is trashed due to Russian hackers / crackers breaking in to as much british companies systems as possible due to the upcoming 3rd update of World War.

As Jimbo says, “5 to 1 baby 1 in 5, no one here gets out alive”.

Cheers Mike.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #18,738 of 18,757
I e-mailed Chord regarding the inability to update, and received the following reply:

There are some reported issues with the update server which we are working to resolve at the moment. You'll hopefully receive a notification when an alteration has been made.

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #18,739 of 18,757
I e-mailed Chord regarding the inability to update, and received the following reply:
I basically got the same respone. Apparently there is something going on with the update servers that I hope will be resolved soon. I do wish Chord was a bit more transparent about the issues. I am fine is something is down and my device still works, but why should I have to e-mail customer servcie just to hear that?

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #18,740 of 18,757
I basically got the same respone. Apparently there is something going on with the update serves that I hope will be resolved soon. I do wish Chord was a bit more transparent about itssues. I am fine is something is down and my device still works, but why should I have to e-mail customer servcie just to hear that?
honestly, I'm not a fan of -just- OTA updates. there's so many file sharing sites to put your updates on. But Chord has to be special...

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #18,741 of 18,757
but why should I have to e-mail customer servcie just to hear that?
Exactly, it makes it look like support for the product was dropped and it's discontinued.

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #18,742 of 18,757
It is good that Chord have replied to you.
Historically Chord have the 'formal' support process based on 'return the item via the dealer network' but they can propose that a user sends items direct to them.

In your case if you have a nearby dealer, then the simplest solution is to contact the dealer and Chord will then facilitate the way forward.
If you have no nearby dealer, then legally your recourse is through the seller who may have sold you a defective item. Some posters will say correctly that this should be your first option, but it does run the risk of becoming a 'I sold you a working item, and you have broken it' or 'my word against yours' type of scenario.

Hope you can sort this out.
@ankuse - how did this play out for you?

I have the exact same issue with my Poly. My last use of the Mojo2 / Poly was in hotspot mode. Yesterday, I changed it from hotspot to Wi-Fi, and then the Poly failed to connect with the P light being solid red. I charged it for a while, and then unplugged the cable from the Poly and am now letting the Poly slowly drain out.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #18,743 of 18,757
@ankuse - how did this play out for you?

I have the exact same issue with my Poly. My last use of the Mojo2 / Poly was in hotspot mode. Yesterday, I changed it from hotspot to Wi-Fi, and then the Poly failed to connect with the P light being solid red. I charged it for a while, and then unplugged the cable from the Poly and am now letting the Poly slowly drain out.

The first time i drained the poly 8-10 hours and then charged it up again and it still did not work, but the next time i drained it for almost 2 days and then charged it for over 8 hours and after that cycle, i turned it on and the Poly seemed to have restarted itself and let me set it up again.

Apr 21, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #18,744 of 18,757
I've recently bought an used Poly. It all works great but I've noticed the battery doesn't last long.
After some tests, I'm getting just over 15% discharge in 12 hours, with Poly + Mojo both off.

Is this normal or should I get a new battery?
For my normal use, a few playing hours every now and then, the battery is giving me enough time. But I need to let it always charging if I want it to be ready when I need it.

Apr 22, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #18,746 of 18,757
AFAIK, when a Poly is physically connected to the Mojo, it checks the USB connection frequently to see if the Mojo is turned on. The Poly becomes inactive when disconnected. I always disconnect them when I'm not using them.

Apr 22, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #18,747 of 18,757
Thank you. I'll test it and report back.

IIRC, I've read that Poly has somethingh permanently on, even when disconnectedfrom Mojo. But it makes sense that it checks for power on from Mojo when connected.

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:21 AM Post #18,748 of 18,757
Thank you. I'll test it and report back.

IIRC, I've read that Poly has somethingh permanently on, even when disconnectedfrom Mojo. But it makes sense that it checks for power on from Mojo when connected.
It does indeed, even when disconnected because otherwise it would know when it had been connected. A switch to detect when it had been plugged into a Mojo would have been a great design choice, but one more part to fail I suppose.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #18,749 of 18,757
Well... after the same 12 hours with Poly off and disconnected from Mojo, and the battery % is the same as with Mojo: 84% remaining.

I feel that it's too much, and maybe the battery is no longer in top shape. I'll contact the nearest oficial dealer and try to get a quote for a new battery.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #18,750 of 18,757
Well... after the same 12 hours with Poly off and disconnected from Mojo, and the battery % is the same as with Mojo: 84% remaining.

I feel that it's too much, and maybe the battery is no longer in top shape. I'll contact the nearest oficial dealer and try to get a quote for a new battery.
It needs checking first, yes it could be that the battery is worn out but it could be that there is too much standby current being drawn for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back