Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 8, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #18,331 of 19,435
Do you really believe I use $2 Alibaba equipment? I got way better equipment than the Chord Poly that actually works 100% all the time.

I was simply checking if the new firmware update finally fixed the Chord Poly, and I just had to laugh that now almost in 2024, it is still not case.

I will check again with future firmware updates if these issues are fixed, but I know it won't be :p
I don't care what equipment you use or what it cost you. I was trying to sympathize with your issue, but obviously....

Dec 9, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #18,334 of 19,435
Poly does not improve sound quality.
Over what? It all depends what source is driving the Mojo 2. Using it directly on your pc usb - Poly 100% improves SQ over that.
Mojo is exceptionally sensitive to usb from unoptimized sources such as laptops/pc even mobile phones.
If you can’t hear the delta it may be due to number of reasons - headphones not good enough, or you simply can’t hear it - this is fine too.

Not to mention every time I turn it on, it needs 30 mins or so warmup before it sounds lush. It’s a fussy thing, but you play but it’s rules it awards with grain free desktop class audio

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #18,335 of 19,435
Over what? It all depends what source is driving the Mojo 2. Using it directly on your pc usb - Poly 100% improves SQ over that.
Mojo is exceptionally sensitive to usb from unoptimized sources such as laptops/pc even mobile phones.
If you can’t hear the delta it may be due to number of reasons - headphones not good enough, or you simply can’t hear it - this is fine too.

Not to mention every time I turn it on, it needs 30 mins or so warmup before it sounds lush. It’s a fussy thing, but you play but it’s rules it awards with grain free desktop class audio
@emilsoft interesting - which headphones are you consider good enough that also have a great synergy with Mojo 2?

Dec 9, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #18,336 of 19,435

I agree, music from SD slot of my Poly sounds significantly better than iPad usb c or iPhone. And better than my Auralic Aries first gen! It sounds great. No other device so far delivered better sound quality. AirPlay is unfortunately worse. I’m using my Mojo2Poly with HE1000se

Dec 9, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #18,338 of 19,435
His signature lists Focal Spirit Professional, which I haven’t heard. Aeon 2 Noire certainly has a great synergy with Mojo/Mojo 2. DCA E3 incoming, so we’ll see about those!
@jarnopp have't heard about Spirit Professional either. Focal Clears can be fine with probably all Chord dacs including Mojo 2. AudioQuest NO and NH are also very good just like with Mojo OG. Meze Advars also have great synergy, but I prefer pairing with ifi micro iDSD Signature. Always looking for a next pair of cans that will pair exceptionally well with Mojo 2.

Dec 9, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #18,339 of 19,435
His signature lists Focal Spirit Professional, which I haven’t heard. Aeon 2 Noire certainly has a great synergy with Mojo/Mojo 2. DCA E3 incoming, so we’ll see about those!
My signature is very old I need to update it.

Dec 9, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #18,340 of 19,435
@emilsoft interesting - which headphones are you consider good enough that also have a great synergy with Mojo 2?
Sennheiser HD800S and 650. Mojo 2 has that class A grain free amplification sound which grip dynamic drivers. and with its dsp tone control one can get a surprisingly nice synergy with the Sennheiser.

many iems also work fine. Although campfire Andromeda sounds better out of Sony WM1AM2 - the mojo 2 can be a bit heavy handed with delicate balanced armature iems. Dynamic drivers on the other hand go really well with Mojo even IEMs like Sennheiser IE200

Dec 9, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #18,341 of 19,435
Sennheiser HD800S and 650. Mojo 2 has that class A grain free amplification sound which grip dynamic drivers. and with its dsp tone control one can get a surprisingly nice synergy with the Sennheiser.

many iems also work fine. Although campfire Andromeda sounds better out of Sony WM1AM2 - the mojo 2 can be a bit heavy handed with delicate balanced armature iems. Dynamic drivers on the other hand go really well with Mojo even IEMs like Sennheiser IE200
@emilsoft - I would say that HD800S are a bit too bright for me, but I have heard Mojo OG with 660s and this was nice combo.

It seems to me we are using quite different headphones with Mojo and Mojo 2 so it would be hard to follow discussion if the particular cans are good enough to hear the difference between USB and Poly input.

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #18,342 of 19,435
@emilsoft - I would say that HD800S are a bit too bright for me, but I have heard Mojo OG with 660s and this was nice combo.

It seems to me we are using quite different headphones with Mojo and Mojo 2 so it would be hard to follow discussion if the particular cans are good enough to hear the difference between USB and Poly input.
They're bright, but use the great Mojo 2 dsp eq and you can get them to sound warmer.

To be honest any of my headphones/iems i've used I've been able to hear the difference between computer usb and poly. Especially using it just as a DAC with my speakers (Genelec 8050) the improvements were massive, probably as the speakers were most revealing.

Dec 9, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #18,343 of 19,435

Speaking of IEMs, while some may find this surprising, my Etymotic ER4s really came to life when I started using them with my Mojo OG, with and without Poly. Etymotics are generally considered bass shy, but withI find the bass through Mojo/Poly to be very satisfying.

Dec 9, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #18,344 of 19,435
Out of the blue, this piece of crap Chord Poly shows up as a UPnP/DLNA renderer now in Mconnect on the new high-end router. I changed absolutely nothing.

All these Chord fanboys blaming my router look silly right now, as it does apparently work on the high-end router. But you have to be luckly it shows up due to the Spagetti code inside the Chord Poly.

Mconnect detects all my other UPnP/DLNA devices 100% of the time flawlessly, so it's really this Chord Poly that is messed up.
Not fanboys, just a community trying to offer friendly advice. Sometimes to undesrving & hostile people.

Dec 10, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #18,345 of 19,435
This is now going a bit towards the corner of unverifiable myths. And besides, does it mean somewhere that the people who praised the Chord Mojo years ago about its audio quality are just lying?

At Audio Beacon a tester said the Chord Mojo sounded like absynth via USB, and like holy water via the Chord Poly. I believe this is the same man who years ago praised Chord Mojo so highly for its excellent audio qualities. People like that can't be trusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back