Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 15, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #1,891 of 18,776
At the launch date all world wide distributors will have by then many thousands of units in their stock for immeadiate release all units will have by that time all the additional software so far disclosed however we will include additional feature that I have not yet disclosed including some that we originally stated would not be possible or available. I understand every ones frustration however we have made great use of this dead time and have been very busy writing during the inforced delays which were due to the terrible state of the worlds components market availability. . I'm sure you will feel these delays have been worth it to have these very useful and wanted new features.
Note our current use case videos are currently way of date and they will be reshot for the time of London launch.

I would also like to take this opportunity of announcing a competition for those of you here. If you can come closest to guessing all of the new unannounced features.
The overall winners will get an invitation to our London press launch at prestigious Goring Hotel in Belgraviar central London. Those who also came close, but who cannot travel to London will get a great gift instead. I do hope you will all enjoy messaging me personally with your guesses! Naturally winners will be notified if they have won before the event.

Thanks for feeling our pain, I am sure that this situation is just as frustrating for everyone at Chord. It is reassuring to see you guys making the best use of that extra time.

Speaking of which, what is the new anticipated launch date?

Aug 15, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #1,892 of 18,776
Thanks for feeling our pain, I am sure that this situation is just as frustrating for everyone at Chord. It is reassuring to see you guys making the best use of that extra time.

Speaking of which, what is the new anticipated launch date?
  • Post #1886 mentions Oct 19th, and this was the post to which JF was replying
  • the Audio Sanctuary webpage mentions the same date

Aug 15, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #1,893 of 18,776
I would also like to take this opportunity of announcing a competition for those of you here. If you can come closest to guessing all of the new unannounced features.

* Bluetooth playback from MojoPoly to a Bluetooth receiver (like a speaker)
* File sharing from Poly (NAS mode). Access/maintain your music using web/ftp or PC file access
* EQ / sound settings
* settings such as sleep/idle and battery level display in a connected phone/tablet app

Extra credit/highly unlikely:
*USB mass storage mode, plug into your computer to mount the sdcard as a drive
*Airplay from poly to other airplay receivers

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #1,895 of 18,776
I fully appreciate that global component availability is outside of Chord's control but I already feel that my enthusiasm and excitement have dwindled a little. It's as if I got told that my birthday has been pushed back due to a lack of availability of candles for my birthday cake.
Luckily, I still have the Mojo to console me and help me get through this tough period.

I cancelled my preorder and decided to buy Poly as and when it becomes available. I guess I will just have to buy the Mojo+Poly case myself.

Aug 16, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #1,897 of 18,776
The overall winners will get an invitation to our London press launch at prestigious Goring Hotel in Belgraviar central London. Those who also came close, but who cannot travel to London will get a great gift instead. I do hope you will all enjoy messaging me personally with your guesses! Naturally winners will be notified if they have won before the event.

BT playback to another device (speaker/headphones)
Compatibility with Hugo DACs via USB
Streaming (Tidal/Spotify etc) inbuilt into Chord Poly App
Remote NAS playback
What filters/Equaliser controlled via Chord Poly App
Teasmaid
Ability to fwd or rewind time
Anti-Grav so we don't even need to carry it
Portable singularity (you just never know when you might need one)

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #1,899 of 18,776
I think that any big changes (that require a certain additional piece of hardware) are out of the question, given that Poly is in an "awaiting manufacturing" stage.
Thus, any improvements are bound to come from software tweaking/optimization- even though aptx/aptx HD would be a much needed addition to the product.

Features to be announced:
-Android/ios/windows phone app that centralizes Spotify/Tidal streaming, while also acting as an audio player that rivals USB Audio Player Pro
-App to also include equalizer presets that have been tried and tested by Chord to be used with Poly+Mojo
-Bluetooth playback to speakers/headphones in addition to acting as a receiver only

-Last but not least, an in-built step counter that feeds data back to Chord so gauging how Poly is used becomes possible (along with the bluetooth optical heart rate monitor now included in the box to measure emotional response to the ultimate mobile joy one is getting)

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #1,900 of 18,776
Ability to upgrade the firmware of Mojo via Poly
Apple AirPlay2 upgrade later this year
Ability to use Poly as wireless mass storage (NAS) for iPhone
Stream the music on my iPhone/other DLNA Network Player from Poly being used as DLNA server.
Siri integration, or at least an option which says the song name (iPod Nano-style)? :)
Internet Radio via Poly. I need such option, as alternative to my iPhone!

And included case in Poly's price for everyone! All Poly buyers needs to have a Mojo before and most probably all buyers will opt for a case afterwards. I don't see the point of offering only few cases at the start of selling the Poly, based on first come first served principle, especially that the price of Poly is premium.

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #1,901 of 18,776
I guess this part has been overlooked, lol. Entertaining reading the guesses though. :)

I do hope you will all enjoy messaging me personally with your guesses!

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1,902 of 18,776
At the launch date all world wide distributors will have by then many thousands of units in their stock for immeadiate release all units will have by that time all the additional software so far disclosed however we will include additional feature that I have not yet disclosed including some that we originally stated would not be possible or available. I understand every ones frustration however we have made great use of this dead time and have been very busy writing during the inforced delays which were due to the terrible state of the worlds components market availability. . I'm sure you will feel these delays have been worth it to have these very useful and wanted new features.
Note our current use case videos are currently way of date and they will be reshot for the time of London launch.

I don't know enough to start a Poly + list but surely the most significant enhancement would be to make it compatible with all USB DAC's. That said I think Chord would have to make a small plug in module to take the place of a Mojo which just contains a female micro USB socket to facilitate connection.

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #1,903 of 18,776
I don't know enough to start a Poly + list but surely the most significant enhancement would be to make it compatible with all USB DAC's. That said I think Chord would have to make a small plug in module to take the place of a Mojo which just contains a female micro USB socket to facilitate connection.

If and only if this is something that Chord would even consider doing.
Having Poly only work with mobile phones+Mojo/other Chord products would be quite a bit more profitable than opening up the platform to third party dacs (I'd imagine);
Especially if the product turns out to be as good as we all want it to be, Poly can help "create" a Chord ecosystem of sorts.

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #1,904 of 18,776
May be John will confirm the launch at The Indulgence Show London on the 29th September 17.
No it will be on the 19th of October as previously stated however at the London Indulgance Show we will have Beta Polys on demonstration these have identical hardware to production along with an identical sonic performance but they won't have final version software with all new features. Note our 19th October launch all Beta versions will be updated to final version software over the internet when they are connected. Additionally an App will come on line to acces the new features.

Aug 17, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #1,905 of 18,776
If and only if this is something that Chord would even consider doing.
Having Poly only work with mobile phones+Mojo/other Chord products would be quite a bit more profitable than opening up the platform to third party dacs (I'd imagine);
Especially if the product turns out to be as good as we all want it to be, Poly can help "create" a Chord ecosystem of sorts.
I take your point. It's diificult to say what would be better business for Chord if the Poly is as good as it's cracked up to be. Having it restricted to Mojo will undoubtedly sell more of them packaged with Polys. On the other hand a version compatible with all USB DAC's will open up a much bigger market for Polys and if it's good might encourage buyers to explore the Chord DAC range. The Poly/Mojo will always be the neatest solution (especially for mobile use) unless Chord start making combined players including DAC's (after we have all gone down the separtes route!). Hopefully as a Mojo and 2Qute owner I should be OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back