Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 22, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #15,331 of 18,757
I'm actually really enjoying my mojo+poly combo.

Granted its 2 years later, but it's more or less flawless for me now, it's so good that I actually look forward to taking it outside nowadays. FW 2.0.4. really has done wonders for poly.

@Mojo ideas are you going to send me a hugo 2 and 2go for me to demo, as I sold my Hugo 2 and I really want to try 2go out :wink:

May 22, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #15,333 of 18,757
I am sure I saw something about my question at one point, and it's why I am asking.

Please can anyone tell me if all Poly are equal, from the perspective of updating the firmware?

If I get Poly and it comes with firmware before 2.0, do they all update the same. (Please I know stores are being asked to update firmware to 2.0 for us. However with virus lockdown, that might not be possible.)

See, I thought I saw something about:
1. Some Poly models being troublesome to update.
2. Or some comment about earlier Poly models being more awkward than later Poly models.

I am probably completely wrong, and misunderstood. It was a long time ago though, and I can't remember the context.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #15,334 of 18,757
I am sure I saw something about my question at one point, and it's why I am asking.

Please can anyone tell me if all Poly are equal, from the perspective of updating the firmware?

If I get Poly and it comes with firmware before 2.0, do they all update the same. (Please I know stores are being asked to update firmware to 2.0 for us. However with virus lockdown, that might not be possible.)

2. Or some comment about earlier Poly models being more awkward than later Poly models.

I am probably completely wrong, and misunderstood. It was a long time ago though, and I can't remember the context.
All Polys have shipped with v2.0 or above for the past twelve months, so you should have no problems buying from main dealers.
v2.0 allows you to use GoFigure to trigger updates to Poly, and this makes updates much simpler than before.

Chord did send instructions to dealers to update any of the Polys with old firmware, but clearly not all dealers complied, so there are a few posts where owners have been sold Polys with V1.26 and earlier.

May 23, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #15,335 of 18,757

Mine shipped with the latest FW 2.04 (I think). If you're buying from an authorized dealer you should be gucci.

May 25, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #15,336 of 18,757
I picked up a used Poly recently and with the help of this forum have figured out mostly how to get it to do what I want.
I have one question. Is it normal to have to wait so long for Poly to be discoverable via GoFigure?
It seems that the lower the battery charge the longer it takes. For example it just took 3 and half minutes to be discoverable and
battery is at 63%.
Serial number of my Poly is 42..first batch maybe? Does it matter?
Thanks for all your help!

May 26, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #15,338 of 18,757
So here it is, after plenty of considerations I have finally just bought a brand new Poly and I really, really hoped that it would configure properly... but that is not the case !
Here is my problem : Poly cannot connect to my 2.4GHz Wifi network, Poly see my network but just cannot connect.

My internet box provide 2.4GHz Wifi network and 5Ghz Wifi network and initially they had the same SSID name, so I thought that was the issue with the Poly and I changed SSID name for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz : but Poly still cannot connect to my 2.4Ghz Wifi network.
My Poly firmware version is 2.0.3.

Any ideas to solve / investigate my issue ? Mr Chord are you here ? help !!!

PS : at least I can do Poly or iPhone hotspot and then airplay but I don't like this solution.

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #15,339 of 18,757
So here it is, after plenty of considerations I have finally just bought a brand new Poly and I really, really hoped that it would configure properly... but that is not the case !
Here is my problem : Poly cannot connect to my 2.4GHz Wifi network, Poly see my network but just cannot connect.

My internet box provide 2.4GHz Wifi network and 5Ghz Wifi network and initially they had the same SSID name, so I thought that was the issue with the Poly and I changed SSID name for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz : but Poly still cannot connect to my 2.4Ghz Wifi network.

PS : at least I can do Poly or iPhone hotspot and then airplay but I don't like this solution.
Welcome to the club.
Are you using GoFigure?

May 26, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #15,340 of 18,757
May 26, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #15,341 of 18,757
Yes, latest version of GoFigure
Using GoFigure have you been able to configure everything on Poly.
GoFigure will also allow you to update your Poly to the latest version firmware, v2.0.4.

There is plenty of helpful answers in the Streamer FAQ .
However as a new owner, it might be quickest for you to email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and let them talk you through getting started.

May 26, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #15,342 of 18,757
Using GoFigure have you been able to configure everything on Poly.
GoFigure will also allow you to update your Poly to the latest version firmware, v2.0.4.

There is plenty of helpful answers in the Streamer FAQ .
However as a new owner, it might be quickest for you to email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and let them talk you through getting started.

Yes I have configured everything else with GoFigure, I have also emailed Chord, thank you for your support.

May 26, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #15,343 of 18,757
I picked up a used Poly recently and with the help of this forum have figured out mostly how to get it to do what I want.
I have one question. Is it normal to have to wait so long for Poly to be discoverable via GoFigure?
It seems that the lower the battery charge the longer it takes. For example it just took 3 and half minutes to be discoverable and
battery is at 63%.
Serial number of my Poly is 42..first batch maybe? Does it matter?
Thanks for all your help!

It should only take seconds for it to show up on GoFigure (assuming your Mojo and Poly is powered on before opening the app). Regardless of battery life, of course.

May 27, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #15,345 of 18,757

Well I have tried some tips done by moon-audio : I have dedicated 2.4Ghz to Poly only and my 5Ghz wifi for other elements but Poly still cannot connect.

I have however another problem : I can't make bit perfect so I can trig the volume from my iPhone, but the sound is so weird, that's a joke, I have tried to reconfigure / rerun Poly etc, I still can't do bit perfect : with Mojo alone, my iPhone can’t change sound volume, only Mojo is able : with Poly I can change sound volume with my iPhone and changing volume with Mojo balls has little effect, sound become quickly noisy : a bit like Poly is over amplifying sound from iphone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back