Chord Anni
Oct 5, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #211 of 564
Chord Anni reviewed in the October 2021 issue of HiFi+.
What HiFi review already online. (I posted that a few day ago.)

(Am shocked at the price rise of the Qutest. Chord already put up prices due to the Brexit effect ages ago.)

Oct 5, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #215 of 564
The Qutest prices in US (though its sold out everywhere) is still at $1695. It was $1895 when it launched, so it dropped at some point.

Oct 7, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #217 of 564
https://reviewary.com/chord-electronics-anni-review/

It doesn't say how good the HA section is... The what HIFI mentioned its better but nothing to compare it to.... I've been googling everyday but news is still scarce......

I've got the modified Singxer SA1 fed by the Qutest ATM but it really needs to at least compete within its price bracket and above to shine... in such a competitive and fast moving segment....

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #219 of 564
https://reviewary.com/chord-electronics-anni-review/

It doesn't say how good the HA section is... The what HIFI mentioned its better but nothing to compare it to.... I've been googling everyday but news is still scarce......

I've got the modified Singxer SA1 fed by the Qutest ATM but it really needs to at least compete within its price bracket and above to shine... in such a competitive and fast moving segment....
Good post Middy :) The review added a lot to the known info on Anni. Very useful even with skirting headphone use.

Oct 8, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #220 of 564
Good post Middy :) The review added a lot to the known info on Anni. Very useful even with skirting headphone use.
I posted a question to the reviewer as i am sure more will be interested in the Head amp than the speaker amp... Thats just a nice to have than the main attribute...its why I couldn't understand why it wasn't mentioned...
The what hifi at least spoke of it being the better of the 2...

The shops are getting their stock in so more reviews coming i can imagine...

But it really does need to punch well above its weight like the Q...
£1200 is a big gamble... if it can compete with 2k+ amps it might be a winner... as I see no benefit if its not other than it matches your DAC...

Just some thoughts in my head...

Dave🙂

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #221 of 564
I posted a question to the reviewer as i am sure more will be interested in the Head amp than the speaker amp... Thats just a nice to have than the main attribute...its why I couldn't understand why it wasn't mentioned...
The what hifi at least spoke of it being the better of the 2...

The shops are getting their stock in so more reviews coming i can imagine...

But it really does need to punch well above its weight like the Q...
£1200 is a big gamble... if it can compete with 2k+ amps it might be a winner... as I see no benefit if its not other than it matches your DAC...

Just some thoughts in my head...

Dave🙂

These 2k+ amps you speak of. They are unlikely to be better than this https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...topping-l30-headphone-amplifier-review.15226/ and it is only $130 or so... You could get the Topping A90 if you want something that looks better. That would be $499. I don't really see how spending more would get you better sound quality unless you are looking for some special kind of distortion.

Oct 8, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #222 of 564
These 2k+ amps you speak of. They are unlikely to be better than this https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...topping-l30-headphone-amplifier-review.15226/ and it is only $130 or so... You could get the Topping A90 if you want something that looks better. That would be $499. I don't really see how spending more would get you better sound quality unless you are looking for some special kind of distortion.
$1 or $1000 doesn't matter, just the SQ.
MY SINGXER SA1 sounds very nice modded and has good figures. The magni does and my headamp Gilmore lite.
From Chord I was hoping for something exceptional and even then it can't just be a value judgement worth of engineering. As the A90 isn't $390 more worth of SQ....
Figures don't mean much without it sounding good..more money doesn't mean more distortion either nor does it guarantee it..
I am lucky I have the option to try both at the moment but those figures look good 👍.
Value for money yes, better sounding ?
That's the fun part in this hobby I suppose seeing who is.
Chord will never be value for money..😔 most things desirable in life aren't.

We shall see either way soon enough..

Good luck
Dave

Oct 9, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #223 of 564
$1 or $1000 doesn't matter, just the SQ.
MY SINGXER SA1 sounds very nice modded and has good figures. The magni does and my headamp Gilmore lite.
From Chord I was hoping for something exceptional and even then it can't just be a value judgement worth of engineering. As the A90 isn't $390 more worth of SQ....
Figures don't mean much without it sounding good..more money doesn't mean more distortion either nor does it guarantee it..
I am lucky I have the option to try both at the moment but those figures look good 👍.
Value for money yes, better sounding ?
That's the fun part in this hobby I suppose seeing who is.
Chord will never be value for money..😔 most things desirable in life aren't.

We shall see either way soon enough..

Good luck
Dave

Sure, I think the Singxer is an awesome amp. It would be high up on my list if I was in the market for one. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...xer-sa-1-review-balanced-headphone-amp.23365/

It will be fun to learn what X factor the anni brings to the table. I am sure it will be revealed once people on here report their experiences.

Oct 9, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #224 of 564
The best of the Chinese domestic engineering skill has really come along. I am suprised its taken so long...they have more engineers than some countries have people....
Cheap is great but it's sad if we loose our own domestic talent.... but it does add a lot extra for the privilege...
A UK engineer can earn ×5 more but the products aren't...
I am still surprised India hasn't joined the party with the degree PHDs they have...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back