Chord Anni
Oct 18, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #256 of 564
My plan is to maybe trade or sell my dave for a qutest/anni/mscaler. I use one headphone the oppo pm1 and have not found any other headphone that fits me. Adding an mscaler to my dave is beyond my reach and even if i could i would then want to add another hi end headphone which doesn't exist for the reasons mentioned. If i do this i'll be using wave fidelity bnc cables between mscaler and qutest. Can anyone recommend quality rca's in the 70-100 pound range?

I'm listening to the gladiator soundtrack while i type this on a rainy monday morning. The whole thing is very dramatic. :relaxed:
With all respect MK, to me selling Dave for anni/qutest/mscaler combo seems really strange.
Maybe it's better to consider trading Dave for MTT2 ? (but from the other side that's the stack that you had previously)
So why even thinking about change ?

Oct 18, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #257 of 564
The anni, qutest, mscaler combo is fantastic. It also offers a final and total solution with mscaler as i only use one headphone the pm1.

Oct 18, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #259 of 564
Hi Alx. TT2 sounded too heavy with my oppo pm1. Very sensitive classic headphone. A possible romance here.:relaxed:

1634575942220.jpeg
1634576127816.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #261 of 564
Hi Alx i will decide by tomorrow which way to go. Put it this way i heard anni/qutest with top of the range headphones and i was forced to reevaluate everything. I listened to dire straits and that was minus mscaler. Anni is a box of magic.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #262 of 564
The allure of dave was too overwhelming. Think of dave ownership as a milestone. The plan was to add the mscaler to dave to reach the pinnacle but the funds for that are dwindling away. The next step was a hi end headphone to compliment my pm1. Those after extensive auditioning are nowhere to be found due to my exacting comfort needs. At present i am suffering with dave solo and the pm1....:deadhorse:No it is a fantastic pairing (think very cinematic) but the anni, qutest, mscaler trio is niggling away at me a little as it would be a final solution. Ummm.. The tt2 also sounded a bit "heavy" to me.

A little bit outside the topic, but have you tried abyss diana (either v2 or phi)? I also a long time owner of PM-1, and I think the straight upgrade path is to these two abyss headphones (after tried almost all TOTL out there, the exception that I still curious is Solitaire P and LCD-5).

So based on your memory, Qutest + Anni is not as "heavy" sounding as TT2?

Oct 18, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #263 of 564
Abyss headphones were uncomfortable for me. The anni/qutest combo produces a sound in terms of power and quality completely what would not be expected for their size.

Oct 18, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #264 of 564
I wasn't sure the first night or so but it seemed to me to really open to a different beast....as I said someone with Heavy hitting amps need to compare the Anni.. it much more than I've had before in every regard...
It's just suprising every song in my collection being re listened too.....
I haven't tried the in built power adapter yet to see what that brings...

It really is suprising, I thought I knew my headphones and DAC, blindfolded I wouldn't believe they aren't replacements.....
My thoughts are towards Dave and TT2 owners if its a benefit cost advantage adding the Anni.... I'd love to combine the TT2 Scaler, to hear the effects....
The Anni's befuddled me it's just so nice....

I can see where @musickid is coming from...

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #268 of 564
Hi. May I know if this could be done with rca female to 3.5mm female cable? Or is rca male to 3.5mm female adapter is better?
Remember you have only volume controle with your software, no adjustment with the qutest. I don't know how much power the audio output of the qutest gives. So hopefully it will drive your headphone right.

You need a one left RCA and right RCA to 3.5mm female or 6.3mm female.
image.jpg

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #270 of 564
Are you using planar ether 2 headphones? I'm looking forward to some serious downtime with mscaled qutest anni. Photos to arrive asap. Does anyone know what the second cable is in the picture on the left hand side of the power adaptor?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back