Chord Anni
Oct 20, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #271 of 564
From a Japanese tech site

pw-5729.jpg
Nice to see. A touch messy but not a bad trade-off to eliminate another power supply. Good find!

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #272 of 564
There are two cables going into the "box". One from anni dc out but what's the other one. I might just be the first headfier to try mscaled qutest anni lol. Very zen. Figured it out...the other cable...it's for huei.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #274 of 564
Are you using planar ether 2 headphones? I'm looking forward to some serious downtime with mscaled qutest anni. Photos to arrive asap. Does anyone know what the second cable is in the picture on the left hand side of the power adaptor?
Sorry missed the Question Yes Ether 2s They have lovely mids and why I chose it for the Qutest.
With the Anni vocals are really superb, just in a different league. With the Q profile I think it adds more so...
I got the E2S £1100 and DCA fitted new drivers... TT Mscalers Daves must benefit from better amplification of the Anni. The highs I wish could be a touch more but probably more so with different headphones. Suprised there aren't more reviews yet or just owners expressing their opinions...
I think separate PSUs might edge out on feeding the Q from Anni...2v.... but early days....
80 hours in seems more refined..

Oct 23, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #284 of 564
I have a huge convoluted mish mash of kit from over the years experimenting.
I am streaming on a highly cut down Windows10 Spotify on a low latency NUC EMI EMC modded With 12v Sbooster Apacer Ram and 4 Isliencers in spare ports...I found this better than expensive shop streamers and tidal masters....>>>>intona industrial>>ifi ipurifier>>> Uptone LPS1.0 feeding the Uptone regen.>>>
Into a DDC Audiowise SRC DX>> into an EMI Modded Qutest... Fed by another Uptone LPS1.0 7v into a DXP-1A5DSC 5v...
Does it matter, even with the Qutest being similar to the Hugo...
A lot of expensive its only 'X' spends...
I have the schitt Magni 3 but my now old Gilmore lite mk2 with PSU sounds better.
My main until last week was the Singxer SA1 HPA... Lovely sounding and people prefer to the D90 I am told..
The Singxer is DC offset bypassed modded and more EMC blocking..
That gave it less warmth in the top mids and a lot more detail without loosing much...
I am 6 days in on the Anni out the box its a level above in clarity detail musicality wider staging and a sense of 3d spacing.... bla bla

To be honest I can wax lyrical about how good it is.. I was in the shop listening to the Anni Qutest stack for 2 hours and went crazy and bought it.
In my chain I think it sounds better and that no offence to the shop as it sounded great. 2 days in opened up more and Brain* capacitor* settling 🙂
It's edging to stabilising.. I am for an arbitrary 200 hours in at least...

Some kit can scale... power.. decrapifiers ect... some refine if your lucky.. Mostly its spending what you can afford and a new design does the hard work....
This Dual forward circuit design produces magic... Its like I have a new set of headphones and a new DAC... DCA E2 and Qutest.....Amplification was the bottleneck, now I wish I had the TT2 or a Holo May....
The SRC-DX and low latency clean signal helped the most but this just works and works well.
I now think the What Hi fi review is about right, it a great piece of circuit design.... It needs professional listener with Multiple amps at the same price or known quality to compare... Valve for money Verse HP4, Aries, Violetric, D90 but these are value judgements..
No fancy Reed switch attenuators balanced outputs...a Chord lump of metal and a bit fiddley...
I went to Hifonix UK as I was sick of buying blind of well-meaning posts like mine some accurate some not...

I'd advice to take your Hugo and any other chain you can't live with and get in a shop with your headphones and listen to it....it most likely be better...a built in should be better as it not linked by cables...This is a good new trickle down circuitry Design...i think the Hugo TT2 Dave would benefit and others...
Yes I want this at $£€¥100 direct from China.. but it's not....
Wait for the reviews first or get to a shop if its a choice you have and can afford. Your headphones and Hugo or whatever you have...
My Singxer is great 👍 this is a lot better than I had before....

I'd you do let us know if it is for you or not and how much....

Dave

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back