Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 22, 2024 at 2:19 AM Post #6,257 of 6,288
when i got my hugo2 with 2go i was super hyped for finally finding a product that suit my needs with exceptional SQ. i studied some recent posts on relevant threads, this one included. perhaps i should've gone thru all 400+ pages to get a better idea, and thats my bad.

i had the same glitch updating to latest fw. it finally happened but i can’t pinpoint after which of my many actions exactly.

once the new toy euphoria wore off, i started to slowly notice how glitchy and buggy 2go is.

It constantly drops from wifi network if i walk around the house. it doesnt go from one access point to another. therefore streaming in my experience has been almost practically impossible unless i stay put. even then there’s no guarantee for a flawless streaming especially higher resolution files.

another issue i have with this combo is that i cant play dsd512 files from my sdcard. it creates all this noisy 90s modem connection tones kind of crap but music. any lower dsd files, play alright but not without glitches. when i pause a track, a high fr pitch fills my ears where it normally should be pitch black. so i cannot tell if this noise is trickling into music when i hit play again. but it surely aggravates my ever increasing tinnitus. when i pause a pcm track (a local file from sdcard), the background is black. listening carefully though, i notice all sorts of electromagnetic noise creeping up here and there at random. idk, maybe its wifi noise, maybe phone interference… but whatever this is, i am sure it exists while playing music too.

oh, theres also random but tiny pops and cracks i get while both streaming and playing local stuff. mostly dsd however.

so overall, coming from TOTL chi-fi daps, this product has been somewhat of a disappointment. i havent used hugo2 by itself so i cant really say if my issues are H2 or 2go related. but since they are mostly arising from connectivity, i thought i’d share for people contemplating on adding 2go.

ymmv and all that of course…

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:47 AM Post #6,258 of 6,288
when i got my hugo2 with 2go i was super hyped for finally finding a product that suit my needs with exceptional SQ. i studied some recent posts on relevant threads, this one included. perhaps i should've gone thru all 400+ pages to get a better idea, and thats my bad.

i had the same glitch updating to latest fw. it finally happened but i can’t pinpoint after which of my many actions exactly.

once the new toy euphoria wore off, i started to slowly notice how glitchy and buggy 2go is.

It constantly drops from wifi network if i walk around the house. it doesnt go from one access point to another. therefore streaming in my experience has been almost practically impossible unless i stay put. even then there’s no guarantee for a flawless streaming especially higher resolution files.

another issue i have with this combo is that i cant play dsd512 files from my sdcard. it creates all this noisy 90s modem connection tones kind of crap but music. any lower dsd files, play alright but not without glitches. when i pause a track, a high fr pitch fills my ears where it normally should be pitch black. so i cannot tell if this noise is trickling into music when i hit play again. but it surely aggravates my ever increasing tinnitus. when i pause a pcm track (a local file from sdcard), the background is black. listening carefully though, i notice all sorts of electromagnetic noise creeping up here and there at random. idk, maybe its wifi noise, maybe phone interference… but whatever this is, i am sure it exists while playing music too.

oh, theres also random but tiny pops and cracks i get while both streaming and playing local stuff. mostly dsd however.

so overall, coming from TOTL chi-fi daps, this product has been somewhat of a disappointment. i havent used hugo2 by itself so i cant really say if my issues are H2 or 2go related. but since they are mostly arising from connectivity, i thought i’d share for people contemplating on adding 2go.

ymmv and all that of course…
As you said its been a know issue since release that the WiFi on the 2Go is not really fit for purpose, it works OK for me but my 2Go has always been a desktop device. I;m sure its not very practical but I do wonder if the "GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2" or something like it would work with 2Go as a kind of WiFi to Ethernet access point and it could be used portable with a small power bank, now that would be a stack I'd like to see somebody walking around with. :)

51SaySfyb6L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Mar 22, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #6,259 of 6,288
As you said its been a know issue since release that the WiFi on the 2Go is not really fit for purpose, it works OK for me but my 2Go has always been a desktop device. I;m sure its not very practical but I do wonder if the "GL.iNet GL-MT300N-V2" or something like it would work with 2Go as a kind of WiFi to Ethernet access point and it could be used portable with a small power bank, now that would be a stack I'd like to see somebody walking around with. :)

51SaySfyb6L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
i personally wouldn’t do it because my 2go is my portable only unit. it could solve the problem but defeat the purpose.

for me though the noise 2go creates or is prone to is the bigger issue. i can somehow handle the wifi disconnects as i know by now which parts of the house are no go while streaming. still inconvenient but somewhat manageable. however the noise i’m hearing and not hearing but still messing with my music is really bad imo. especially while listening to local files.

despite these problems though, i won’t just go and get something else. this time, i will accept it as it is and bear with it. i feel a bit tired with all the buys/sells…

Mar 22, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #6,260 of 6,288
i personally wouldn’t do it because my 2go is my portable only unit. it could solve the problem but defeat the purpose.

for me though the noise 2go creates or is prone to is the bigger issue. i can somehow handle the wifi disconnects as i know by now which parts of the house are no go while streaming. still inconvenient but somewhat manageable. however the noise i’m hearing and not hearing but still messing with my music is really bad imo. especially while listening to local files.

despite these problems though, i won’t just go and get something else. this time, i will accept it as it is and bear with it. i feel a bit tired with all the buys/sells…
The noise is related to the poor WiFi, or you have a faulty 2Go/Hugo2, which is unlikely.

Replace the Wifi with a different WiFi and your problem goes away, the yellow thing I found with a suitable power bank in a pocket or another device??, and a wired connection to 2Go and the problem goes away.

All this is theoretical as I've never tried moving around my house with my 2Go either with its own Wifi or looking like a wired up obsessive "audiophile" but it works for some.

1711093208620.png

Mar 22, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #6,261 of 6,288
The noise is related to the poor WiFi, or you have a faulty 2Go/Hugo2, which is unlikely.

Replace the Wifi with a different WiFi and your problem goes away, the yellow thing I found with a suitable power bank in a pocket or another device??, and a wired connection to 2Go and the problem goes away.

All this is theoretical as I've never tried moving around my house with my 2Go either with its own Wifi or looking like a wired up obsessive "audiophile" but it works for some.

1711093208620.png
i’m more on the side thinking the noise is caused by 2go’s not so great antenna or poor isolation?! where i live, the routers and access points are not really that bad. internet is bad but thats a different story.

in a few months, i’ll be changing houses. i guess i’ll see how is it with a different wifi setup. hopefully, it will improve.

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #6,264 of 6,288
I have experienced dropouts which started after an andriod update reset defaults for power management settings for MALP, it may be worth checking that your streaming/control apps are set to not power save aggressively.

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #6,266 of 6,288
Please delete

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #6,267 of 6,288
I'm really curious about how good the 2(go+yu) device is as a high-end streamer. I will likely sell my MojoPoly and get a 2go for my H2. At that point, the question of spending an additional $595 for the 2yu to use with my M Scaler + DAVE, or Devialet D800, is really about how it compares to other Roon-enabled high-end streamers like the $875 Sonore ultraRendu, (which I own), the $1295 OpticalRendu, the $1200 SOtM sMS-200ultra Neo, or for that matter the $4,349 Aurilac Aries G2. If the sounds is as good or better than these, then an additional $595 isn't unreasonable. Granted, if you don't have an H2, then the combo is an $1890 streamer, but then again, many of the streamers I've listed sound their best when paired with a $435 Uptone LPS-1.2 or a$500 SOtm sPS-500 power supply, so you're still in the same ballpark...

Looking forward to reviews/comparisons like this from Darko, Hans B, etc.

muski
Very curious about this myself.

Considering a Sonore optical Rendu+optical Module Deluxe or a 2Go+2Yu for my incoming DAVE+Mscaler combo.

Also considering an Innous Pulse.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 4:16 AM Post #6,268 of 6,288
Any thoughts on 2Go+2Yu as a Roon endpoint in terms of stability and overall performance (with an internet connection via Ethernet)?

Thanks!

Apr 1, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #6,269 of 6,288
Any thoughts on 2Go+2Yu as a Roon endpoint in terms of stability and overall performance (with an internet connection via Ethernet)?

Thanks!
I bought the couple for this purpose and it’s just perfect.
With a Qutest.
It’s connected to my network though Ethernet cable and I have no issue at all.

Maybe one thing I would like to have is a display to see the album cover. Obviously I knew that when I bought it 😉.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back