Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Oct 21, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #6,166 of 6,288
Hi, could anyone here help me with the process for replacing the 2go battery? Would be helpful to know the type and power of the battery needed and where I could source the same.
Thanks.
Have you asked Chord about getting it replaced?

Oct 22, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #6,167 of 6,288
Have you asked Chord about getting it replaced?
Sending it to Chord entails long wait times ( I'm in India) not to mention exorbitant costs. I would like to avoid that and do the change myself if possible. I changed the batteries myself on the Hugo2 last year and it seems fine so far.

Nov 1, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #6,170 of 6,288
It's dying.
Just take out the (4) screws underneath and have a look. I did take mine apart once to have a look when it stopped charging to resolder the USB connections as this is a known issue with some Chord devices due to issues with lead free solder. In the end I decided to return mine to Chord and they fixed it for free, I just had to pay the return postage.

Nov 1, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #6,171 of 6,288
Does anyone know if it would be theoretically possible for Chord to update the 2Go (and Poly) firmware to build Roon Arc into the steamer? It would be great if we could then use Chord's mobile GoFigure app to control Roon Arc running on the 2Go. Assuming it is possible, would Chord do it? Seems like that firmware update would make the Hugo2Go the best portable system ever.

Nov 1, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #6,172 of 6,288
Does anyone know if it would be theoretically possible for Chord to update the 2Go (and Poly) firmware to build Roon Arc into the steamer? It would be great if we could then use Chord's mobile GoFigure app to control Roon Arc running on the 2Go. Assuming it is possible, would Chord do it? Seems like that firmware update would make the Hugo2Go the best portable system ever.
No reason why it shouldn't be possible to do via Airplay. Much like how A&K handle it on the SP2000/3000.

Nov 1, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #6,173 of 6,288
I ran into a problem with my 2Go/2Yu. This morning I switched from BNC output to USB. It was no longer visible in Roon, and GoFigure couldn't find it. It does show up at my router. Switching it back to BNC let it be available in Roon and GoFigure. (btw--it is connected to a Hugo TT2.)

How can I get the USB output working? I know I was able to get the USB to work before. Not sure what I did different. oops, first time trying USB. I did switch the input from "everything else" to USB (from yellow to white).

EDIT: corrected my bonehead mistake...

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #6,174 of 6,288
I must be having one of *those* days, and it's not even Monday. Now it works!! While I'm glad to have it working, I didn't do anything different. It just works now. I've spent many years in tech support, so this makes me very nervous!! I really like to understand why things don't work in order to avoid it in the future.

Nov 3, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #6,175 of 6,288
Hey guys,

I inserted a micro SD full of music in my new 2go. After analysing the SD, the app wanted to create playlists.

Is this the only way to view your music? You can't even see the content of each playlist...

B060DEDC-659F-418C-8088-F1FD0F4854B5.PNG

Nov 3, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #6,176 of 6,288
Hey guys,

I inserted a micro SD full of music in my new 2go. After analysing the SD, the app wanted to create playlists.

Is this the only way to view your music? You can't even see the content of each playlist...

Don't use gofigure as a music player unless you are desperate. It is not fully implemented, as you have already observed 😀

Only use it to set up the Bluetooth and WiFi connection to your control device and to change from the left to right sd card or vice versa.

On your control device, whatever it is, get a suitable control app/program to handle music playback.

Then you'll be good to go.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #6,177 of 6,288
Hey guys,

B060DEDC-659F-418C-8088-F1FD0F4854B5.PNG
Just to reinforce what @SteveHulk mentioned, GoFigure was originally designed as a configuration app only for the Poly, but Chord added the ability to play playlists in response to owner requests. There are musicplayer apps out there, but it feels like none of them do everything that every owner wants. realistically that is part of being human - coders cannot satisfy everyone, all of the time.

Nov 3, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #6,178 of 6,288
Just to reinforce what @SteveHulk mentioned, GoFigure was originally designed as a configuration app only for the Poly, but Chord added the ability to play playlists in response to owner requests. There are musicplayer apps out there, but it feels like none of them do everything that every owner wants. realistically that is part of being human - coders cannot satisfy everyone, all of the time.
So there are other apps that can access the 2go when you’re not under wifi coverage (on the go)?

Basically what’s the best way to reproduce in the 2go a local library when you’re around?

Don't use gofigure as a music player unless you are desperate. It is not fully implemented, as you have already observed 😀

Only use it to set up the Bluetooth and WiFi connection to your control device and to change from the left to right sd card or vice versa.

On your control device, whatever it is, get a suitable control app/program to handle music playback.

Then you'll be good to go.
So there are apps which can access a library on the 2go’s sd card when you’re on the go? Can you pls tell me about a couple of them?

Nov 3, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #6,179 of 6,288
With the 2go connected to either a Hugo 2 or TT2, an iPhone and
a) WiFi available: use gofigure to connect to the local WiFi. use (e.g.) Rigelian to browse/select your music on the SD card
b) WiFi not available: use gofigure to set the 2go into hotspot mode. Connect your phone to the WLAN provided by the 2go Hotspot. Use Rigelian to browse/select your music
(Rigelian is actually a nice app, which I would recomend for this setup)

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #6,180 of 6,288
With the 2go connected to either a Hugo 2 or TT2, an iPhone and
a) WiFi available: use gofigure to connect to the local WiFi. use (e.g.) Rigelian to browse/select your music on the SD card
b) WiFi not available: use gofigure to set the 2go into hotspot mode. Connect your phone to the WLAN provided by the 2go Hotspot. Use Rigelian to browse/select your music
(Rigelian is actually a nice app, which I would recomend for this setup)
On Android I use the phone as the hotspot and the BubbleUPnP app. It is not a very pretty user interface, but it functions quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back