Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 29, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #6,151 of 6,288
I want Apple Music support. Their service is cheap for lossless music and the coverage of their library is not bad.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #6,152 of 6,288
Hi! I need a bit of help. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts I've finally manage to listen SD card through Hotspot mode on Hugo2/2go: the playlist is created by GoFigure and tracks are played through GoFigure also. I've got BubbleUPnP on my Android phone and although I can find my 2go when the WIFI connection is on and play songs on SD card however on hotspot mode the BubbleUPnP couldn't recognize it... I'd rather use this app for playing music on SD cards because the UI is better and I can see individual tracks within playlist with more detailed informations but I don't know how to make BubbleUPnP to see my 2go on Hotspot as well...

Jul 7, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #6,153 of 6,288
Hi! I need a bit of help. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts I've finally manage to listen SD card through Hotspot mode on Hugo2/2go: the playlist is created by GoFigure and tracks are played through GoFigure also. I've got BubbleUPnP on my Android phone and although I can find my 2go when the WIFI connection is on and play songs on SD card however on hotspot mode the BubbleUPnP couldn't recognize it... I'd rather use this app for playing music on SD cards because the UI is better and I can see individual tracks within playlist with more detailed informations but I don't know how to make BubbleUPnP to see my 2go on Hotspot as well...
Not really much help sorry but in my experience its usually the Hotspot mode that always works, so that is weird. The problem with networking and Android is there are so many different phones, different versions of Android etc etc that is difficult to pin-point your issue I'm afraid.

Jul 8, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #6,155 of 6,288
I figured out somehow, so it's working now. Don't have to look for another android app.
Not the best experience using 2go (GoFigure) however...
On the other hand I think that the sound becomes even more dynamic with a bit blacker background. But I need more comparison with XDUOO X-10T II which I've used as a source through coax and optical output to H2 with satisfaction...

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #6,157 of 6,288
I’d there a better usb power plug available for 2Go/2Yu than the Chord one?
"Better" No idea. I found this one, no idea if its better though. :)

1689009302907.png

Jul 14, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #6,160 of 6,288
Why would desktop mode not protect the battery? I thought that was what it was for.
Not really clear for me either.

If one returns to the early days of the Mojo OG thread, posters were talking of a battery design lifetime of 10,000 hrs. For owners using their Mojos for a couple of hours a day, that is a long time.

For the Hugo2 I leave it on desktop mode, and it it still working fine after several years.

@GreenBow we have PM in the past, and I understand your green credentials, for me if I was a new buyer I would not hesitate to buy a Mojo2.
Having said that, I already own two Mojo OG, and for the amount of hours that i use the Mojo, I am delaying buying a Mojo2.

@GreenBow you can always PM me if you want to discuss any point of view.

Jul 28, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #6,161 of 6,288
Sirs, just one simple question: will the Roon + Chord 2go + 2yu allow me to control the volume knob of the target DAC/IntegratedAMP via USB/COAX?

Target device — Technics SU-G700 integrated amplifier with DAC (USB and COAX inputs).

Right now Roon through AirPlay or Chromecast (Technics SL-G700 player with SU-G700) roll the volume knob normally.

Want to use RAAT.

ROON Mediaserver → Ethernet-2go-2yu-USB → SU-G700

or

ROON Mediaserver → Ethernet-2go-2yu-COAX → SU-G700

I heard that in order to control the physical volume knob actuator from any app, it is necessary that:

§1. The app sends some flag (parameter) to the DAC.
§2. This parameter reaches the DAC transparently and without obstacles.
§3. The DAC should be able to receive and understand this parameter.

Paragraphs 1 and 3 are now reliably observed. So, do 2go2yu pass this parameter through themselves?

Jul 30, 2023 at 2:13 AM Post #6,162 of 6,288
Sirs, just one simple question: will the Roon + Chord 2go + 2yu allow me to control the volume knob of the target DAC/IntegratedAMP via USB/COAX?

Target device — Technics SU-G700 integrated amplifier with DAC (USB and COAX inputs).

Right now Roon through AirPlay or Chromecast (Technics SL-G700 player with SU-G700) roll the volume knob normally.

Want to use RAAT.

ROON Mediaserver → Ethernet-2go-2yu-USB → SU-G700

or

ROON Mediaserver → Ethernet-2go-2yu-COAX → SU-G700

I heard that in order to control the physical volume knob actuator from any app, it is necessary that:

§1. The app sends some flag (parameter) to the DAC.
§2. This parameter reaches the DAC transparently and without obstacles.
§3. The DAC should be able to receive and understand this parameter.

Paragraphs 1 and 3 are now reliably observed. So, do 2go2yu pass this parameter through themselves?
I doubt it but unless anyone here is running exactly that Setup I doubt you would get an answer here.

Perhaps Chord support will be able to advise, if not you are going to have to try it yourself and see if it works.

If it helps 2Go/2yu does pass MQA through to a connected MQA decoder unaffected So perhaps there is a small chance it will work but without any info on how Technics achieve this volume control feature who knows.

Aug 22, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #6,163 of 6,288
There’s some more pictures here.

https://tinhte.vn/threads/chord-2go...-2-va-nhieu-dac-khac.3082078/?_xfNoRedirect=1

The 2Yu seems to somewhat more than just an i/o extender - there are four control balls for power, input, mute and Dim, but alas the legends on the 2Go are different as they correspond to functions on the Hugo2!

It also begs the question as to why you need the 2Yu for home use - why couldn’t you just go from the micro-usb output of the 2Go? Or do Chord enforce a handshake like they do with the Poly to lock other uses out?

Would also be interested to know if Rob has had anything to do with the engineering of either product, given the seeming sensitivity of the DACs and MScaler to RF.

I Know Rob had fakall to do with poly, a bullet dodged there me thinks 💩 saying that, many a night poly has helped put me to sleep when I couldnt do it by myself and not a 30 metre usb cable insight.

Aug 27, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #6,164 of 6,288
will the Roon + Chord 2go + 2yu allow me to control the volume knob of the target DAC/IntegratedAMP via USB/COAX?
No. There isn't a protocol for volume control over S/PDIF as far as I know, only USB.

Funnily enough, the MScaler does have a system for digital volume control over S/PIDF, but it will only work with Chord's future digital amps.

Oct 20, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #6,165 of 6,288
Hi, could anyone here help me with the process for replacing the 2go battery? Would be helpful to know the type and power of the battery needed and where I could source the same.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back