Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 10, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #5,521 of 6,306
That's interesting, because before the update, I pushed support for a replacement 2go and they just told me to wait for the update. So that means they've given up on trying to fix it with software?
I don't know if they have given up. They don't have my UniFi router (not available in the UK) so they can't replicate the configuration. They weren't saying they'd replace the 2go, just that I should work with the dealer to see if another unit would work correctly, showing that mine is faulty.

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #5,522 of 6,306
I don't know if they have given up. They don't have my UniFi router (not available in the UK) so they can't replicate the configuration. They weren't saying they'd replace the 2go, just that I should work with the dealer to see if another unit would work correctly, showing that mine is faulty.
I take it you read my previous post about Ubiquiti issues and why I had to strip the whole lot out and now up for sale.
I had my IT team round for all our Apple stores and also an IT support guy I use for solutions and neither could get it to work. I had to use a TP link set up in the end. Ubiquiti support also tried to assist me and drew a blank.
I keep wondering if this was something to do with the managed switch as I’ve changed mine to a simple Netgear one also.
I’ve not had a single issue since! Streaming away here in absolute bliss but at a high cost!

8D4F6BC4-D28D-4078-9224-9C8DA7089D80.jpeg

Jun 11, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #5,523 of 6,306
Similar issues. Chord support recommended that I work with a local dealer to try a different 2go, which I'll be doing now that my favorite Linn dealer has also started representing Chord.
I've been through the replacement routine, unfortunately. No noticeable difference. Hopefully, you might have a different experience...

Jun 11, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #5,525 of 6,306
I take it you read my previous post about Ubiquiti issues and why I had to strip the whole lot out and now up for sale.
Except that my Ubiquiti works flawlessly with everything else, on two sites, wired and wireless. Both of my network setups have complexities (such as dual WAN on one, various PoE requirements, and more) that Ubiquiti makes easier than everything I've used. The only network gear problem I've ever had with Roon, back when, involved managed Netgear switches with IGMP snooping on; once that was turned off, even those worked.

Jun 12, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #5,526 of 6,306
Not sure what I did with my Allen Key. Anyone remember what size it is? Don’t what to strip those grub screws while attached.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #5,527 of 6,306
Any of you got 2yu? How is the experience, or how beautifuly those lights orb are?:)
I am waiting for mine to arrive, but no infor.ation from dealer yet...

Jun 16, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #5,530 of 6,306
My first test of the 2yu is with the optical output connected on the mscaler.
Go figure playing my SDcard in the 2go.
With the 2go/2yu, the sound is better than with my Aurender N100H used with the Aurender optical interface.

But, with the mscaler, when the format change from 44.1 khz to an another format, the scaler start the track at 44.1kHz (with red led) and detect 1seconde latter that the format is not correct and change for the good one.
So when the mscaler switch, the sound is interrupted 1/2 s.
On some streamers, it is possible to select a delay to solve this.
Could a new Gofigure version takes care of that, please?

Second test, with the Hugo2: No problem .
I was glad of the association 2GoHugo2.
But I like more 2G02YU optical Hugo2.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #5,532 of 6,306
My first test of the 2yu is with the optical output connected on the mscaler.
Go figure playing my SDcard in the 2go.
With the 2go/2yu, the sound is better than with my Aurender N100H used with the Aurender optical interface.
I've been wondering about this for a long time. The 2Go/2Yu combo has some unique advantages. I was wondering how it would stack up to well regarded desktop servers.

If you get a 2yu ahead of the rest of us, please do post your experiences against desktop servers (Aurender, Innuous, etc.)

Jun 16, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #5,533 of 6,306
On a different note. I've always used local files from my 2Go. Now, I'm experimenting with using 2Go for Tidal on IOS/Mac.

I can't find any place to enter in Tidal credentials in GoFigre as I've heard and seen from others. Am I missing something?

I'm trying to set it up with Mconnect Player Lite. I can enter in my Tidal account information in there, but I don't know if this means that it is just streaming Tidal from my iPad like the Tidal app over Airplay. How do I know if Mconnect is functioning as a controller or streamer?

Does streaming to 2Go directly sound better with redbook files than over Airplay?

Thanks!

Jun 17, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #5,534 of 6,306
On a different note. I've always used local files from my 2Go. Now, I'm experimenting with using 2Go for Tidal on IOS/Mac.

I can't find any place to enter in Tidal credentials in GoFigre as I've heard and seen from others. Am I missing something?

I'm trying to set it up with Mconnect Player Lite. I can enter in my Tidal account information in there, but I don't know if this means that it is just streaming Tidal from my iPad like the Tidal app over Airplay. How do I know if Mconnect is functioning as a controller or streamer?

Does streaming to 2Go directly sound better with redbook files than over Airplay?

Thanks!
The streaming options have been removed from GoFigure, go figure :), I don't think they ever worked properly.

Using mconnect to stream from Tidal is probably just another option, the audio will be exactly the same as using Airplay.

Jun 17, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #5,535 of 6,306
The streaming options have been removed from GoFigure, go figure :), I don't think they ever worked properly.

Using mconnect to stream from Tidal is probably just another option, the audio will be exactly the same as using Airplay.
In my experience whe using mconnect to play Tidal you can choose to operate either UPnP protocol or Airplay. Imho UPnP sounds better then Airplay. Still direct SD card playback using directly gofigure or rigelian (mpd protocol) gives the best sound quality in case of H2go (better then Tidal streaming).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back