Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 3, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #5,507 of 6,290
I’ve been advised that 650 usd is now the correct price in the USA based on dolllar to pound fluctuations since the product was first launched. import tax and shipping costs have increased dramatically due to covid and other related issues.
Thanks for the confirmation……

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #5,508 of 6,290
For now I'm very happy with this setup. I can now stream @ 192Khz wireless with no drop-outs clicks pops, its basically perfect at the moment.

Can the volume slider be made to disappear completely if it is not being used?

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #5,510 of 6,290
That is mconnect. It’s very good. Worth the $5.99 (for the iOS version.
Well, it would be very good if the authors ever bothered to respond to customer queries!

- Mconnect tech support is a complete black hole as far as I can tell!

Yes, it's a better app than some others I've tried (e.g., Glider had great promise, but turned out to have been abandoned by its developer) but could be so much better if only the developers listened to their customers.

Which brings us back to Chord Electronics…

- they've been getting a lot of flack on this forum, but they do at least listen - and generally respond - to customer feedback!

I've had personal replies to all of the queries and concerns I've raised with them - and whilst it's taken a while for them to update their firmware, they did at least do this and they did fix a great many issues. Not perfect, but way better than most.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #5,512 of 6,290
Not that I know of, I just keep it at max and "assume" that its bit perfect.
Agreed. (Just one of the many feature requests I've posted to the Mconnect developers - with zero response…)

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #5,513 of 6,290
Keeping my fingers crossed (virtually) but the following changes seem to have made my Hugo 2+2go more usable.

1) Created a second 2.4GHz-only WiFi network on my Unifi Dream Machine for the 2go. Everything else is on the original 2.4-5GHz network.
2) Updated my iPad to iOS 14.6 following a recommendation by Chord support, GoFigure is a lot more stable now.

The Android issue is still present, but I can manage the 2go with my iPad now. Chord support argues that the rules for Bluetooth BLE on Android and the Play Store make it impossible for them to distribute GoFigure through the Play Store for Android 10+. My guess is that they use Bluetooth BLE in some unsupported way that was caught by tightening Android and Play Store security, but life is too short to fight them on this, provided 1 and 2 continue to work.

Update: Nope, Roon skips still happening, log excerpt:

06/05 17:07:21 Warn: [Lyngen] [zoneplayer/raat] long rtt sync Chord Electronics 2Go: realtime=2142189165833 rtt=54500us offset=-151001834us delta=15928us drift=-6966us in 2142.092s (-3.252ppm, -11.708ms/hr)
06/05 17:07:26 Warn: [Lyngen] [zoneplayer/raat] Too many dropouts (>3s dropped out in the last 30s). Killing stream
06/05 17:07:26 Trace: [Lyngen] [zoneplayer/raat] too many dropouts. stopping stream
06/05 17:07:26 Warn: [zone Lyngen] Track Stopped Due to Slow Media
06/05 17:07:26 Info: [zone Lyngen] OnPlayFeedback StoppedEndOfMediaUnnatural

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #5,514 of 6,290
An appeal to Tidal users.

Mconnect Player Lite program.
mconnect Player Lite.png
In the last update, the sound quality has improved significantly, the musical sound is close to the desktop Roon.

Perhaps this will help you!

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #5,515 of 6,290
I don’t know if there is lot French guys here but son-video.com doesn’t want to change their 2Yu price. 790€ it’s just ridiculous. They say, we are the only ones to have Chord products in France so wee keep this price. 🙄
So if like me, you want a 2Yu take a look on noir et blanc Belgium website. I ordered this evening and I hope to receive it in 2weeks.

Jun 8, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #5,516 of 6,290
I don’t know if there is lot French guys here but son-video.com doesn’t want to change their 2Yu price. 790€ it’s just ridiculous. They say, we are the only ones to have Chord products in France so wee keep this price. 🙄
So if like me, you want a 2Yu take a look on noir et blanc Belgium website. I ordered this evening and I hope to receive it in 2weeks.
You could always just take a trip over here and take one back with you 😀

No wait... If you do that you'll be detained at the border, imprisoned for 2 weeks, and then deported 😔 #f**kBrexit

Jun 10, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #5,518 of 6,290
Since the new firmware:
  • Clicks and pops are still present (maybe slightly less noticeable...?)
  • Wifi connection is weak, much weaker than any other device in my possession
  • Roon skips and drops out if I move more than about 5 metres from my router
Disappointed and frustrated, I must admit. I have nothing but good things to say about the support at Chord, but this is not good.

Jun 10, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #5,519 of 6,290
Since the new firmware:
  • Clicks and pops are still present (maybe slightly less noticeable...?)
  • Wifi connection is weak, much weaker than any other device in my possession
  • Roon skips and drops out if I move more than about 5 metres from my router
Disappointed and frustrated, I must admit. I have nothing but good things to say about the support at Chord, but this is not good.
Similar issues. Chord support recommended that I work with a local dealer to try a different 2go, which I'll be doing now that my favorite Linn dealer has also started representing Chord.

Jun 10, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #5,520 of 6,290
Similar issues. Chord support recommended that I work with a local dealer to try a different 2go, which I'll be doing now that my favorite Linn dealer has also started representing Chord.
That's interesting, because before the update, I pushed support for a replacement 2go and they just told me to wait for the update. So that means they've given up on trying to fix it with software?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back