Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 22, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #5,401 of 6,295
Does anybody have a 2uy yet? I'm on the fence myself already owning a 2Go and Hugo2, I don't really have a better DAC than the Hugo2 that would benefit from it at the moment and 2yu plus another 2Go would be a bit too much of an expense for me.

Perhaps Chord may offer a bundled price of 2Go+2Yu for say around £1200 in the future. Still a lot of cash but maybe affordable for me (just)

May 22, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #5,402 of 6,295
Does anybody have a 2uy yet? I'm on the fence myself already owning a 2Go and Hugo2, I don't really have a better DAC than the Hugo2 that would benefit from it at the moment and 2yu plus another 2Go would be a bit too much of an expense for me.

Perhaps Chord may offer a bundled price of 2Go+2Yu for say around £1200 in the future. Still a lot of cash but maybe affordable for me (just)
Sorry for asking, but could you or someone else explain to me what the 2yu does - I simply can’t understand it. I do know that it enables you to use a m-scaler but is there any other benefits to it as to why you would want to add it to your Hugo/2go?

May 22, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #5,403 of 6,295
Sorry for asking, but could you or someone else explain to me what the 2yu does - I simply can’t understand it. I do know that it enables you to use a m-scaler but is there any other benefits to it as to why you would want to add it to your Hugo/2go?
You can connect the 2Yu to the 2go but not to the 2go/Hugo2 combo.
the 2Yu allows using 2Go without the Hugo2. In my case I plan to connect 2Go/2Yu to my qutest in order to have a streamer in my hifi setup.
One more thing, you can have multiple outputs of the 2Yu active in the same time. Interesting if you want to send the digital flux to different zone.

May 22, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #5,405 of 6,295
Does anyone know what wifi chip is used in the 2go? Just curious.
[edited]
radnor posted an ID a while back.
There was then quite a debate about whether the chip was good or bad, and the circuit board was a RPi, and the root cause of the pops and clicks.
And then it turns out that the Meraki scanner that was used, gets the ID wrong roughly 2/3 of the time.

I don't remember any other IDs being posted, but can't be 100% sure without a deeper search.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #5,406 of 6,295
[edited]
There was then quite a debate about whether the chip was good or bad, and the circuit board was a RPi, and the root cause of the pops and clicks.
And then it turns out that the Meraki scanner that was used, gets the ID wrong roughly 2/3 of the time.

I don't remember any other IDs being posted, but can't be 100% sure without a deeper search.
Thanks. I feel the rant made in the other post was too harsh. I wouldn't bother a lot if it can stream 24/96 without issues. Beyond that it's too much to ask through WiFi. 2.4Ghz isn't a bad thing, you have better coverage with it (also I guess not as power hungry as 5ghz, I may be wrong on this, correct if needed).

Still haven't got to find the actual chip used though.

May 22, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #5,407 of 6,295
Thanks. I feel the rant made in the other post was too harsh. I wouldn't bother a lot if it can stream 24/96 without issues. Beyond that it's too much to ask through WiFi. 2.4Ghz isn't a bad thing, you have better coverage with it (also I guess not as power hungry as 5ghz, I may be wrong on this, correct if needed).

Still haven't got to find the actual chip used though.
Chord have always maintained right from the early Poly posts, that there were two prime reasons for using 2.4Ghz, and these were that in apartments built with reinforced concrete, the reinforcing acts as a faraday cage and blocks 5Ghz, plus that there was not enough physical room to fit a 5Ghz receiver inside the Poly case.

I expected that inside the larger 2Go case they would decide to install a 5Ghz receiver, to avoid another social media disagreement with owners.
However it was not to be. The faraday cage argument will still be valid.

A year down the line, the 2Go wifi chip has stayed the same, but the firmware has been updated.
[edited] Whereas a year ago there were many dozens of owners posting about wifi issues, there are now just a few owners posting about unfortunately still experiencing issues with wifi.
Suggests to me that the wifi chip was good enough, but it was being handicapped by the firmware.
Hopefully Chord can work with these owners, to identify if the root cause is the firmware, or possibly a router or streamer setting.
Others may well disagree with me.

However that still doesn't satisfy the owners curiosity about what wifi chip has been used.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #5,408 of 6,295
A year down the line, the 2Go wifi chip has stayed the same, but the firmware has been updated, and now owners seem to find no issues with wifi.
I wish. Latest firmware, still WiFi skips on Roon even though I am in a rural, zero interference area, with UniFi network gear, and I was able to run Linn and Naim gear over WiFi for months until the house was rewired for Ethernet with no issues at all.

May 22, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #5,409 of 6,295
I wish. Latest firmware, still WiFi skips on Roon even though I am in a rural, zero interference with area, with UniFi network gear, and I was able to run Linn and Naim gear over WiFi for months until the house was rewired for Ethernet with no issues at all.
Same problems here, WiFi is not fixed.

Some previous comments may seem harsh but I believe they are not hard to justify. It does not feel right to spend this kind of money on what is advertised as a “nomad solution” that in fact ends up working correctly only when using an ethernet cable.

On the plus side chord replied to my email asking me more details regarding my router. To be continued…

May 22, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #5,410 of 6,295
On the plus side chord replied to my email asking me more details regarding my router. To be continued…
I'm curious about what they'll say.

May 23, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #5,411 of 6,295
regarding “build playlist”, my previous post said create 703 playlist is misleading.
there Is message saying scan for creating playlist followed by the number, which I guess is the number of read files, not playlist created. I have not checked the content, so it is not clear how playlist are created, but I am sure it is not per folder. I would expect per folder is the most reasonable way By default.
actually, I was right, it scan and created 433 playlist, number is different, but there are many playlists.
and it didn't work still. all the issues I had are still the same.
Screenshot 2021-05-22 230538.jpgScreenshot 2021-05-22 225515.jpg

Those playlist created don't play at all.
I checked them with PC mpdctrl app, it doesn't play either, and the error is no such directory.
I use mpdctrl to play song listed, it plays fine, and I created playlist, it plays fine.
BUT, it still doesn't show all the folders on the SD card.
I have 43 folders on it, and it shows only 4 or 5 when I do update db.
I guess this is only me, because my music collection don't have all tags on them, and it contains a lot of chinese/japanese album.
So, the firmware still doesn't resolve MPD server issue, for my case.

May 23, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #5,412 of 6,295
It does not feel right to spend this kind of money on what is advertised as a “nomad solution” that in fact ends up working correctly only when using an ethernet cable.

I agree with you about being frustrated after spending that kind of money.
What I have never liked is how polarized both the Poly and 2Go threads became, leading to too many aggressive 'I am right, you are wrong' posts, some of which were insensitive and insulting.
I am sure that some posters will disagree with me on this issue.

Anyway hopefully Chord can identify the root cause, and hopefully propose a solution for you to test.

May 23, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #5,413 of 6,295
I wish. Latest firmware, still WiFi skips on Roon even though I am in a rural, zero interference area, with UniFi network gear, and I was able to run Linn and Naim gear over WiFi for months until the house was rewired for Ethernet with no issues at all.
Hey I’m having serious issues with UniFi switch and endpoint with the 2Go and had a very good conversation with Chord last week after the update about this. I simply can’t see the 2Go very often and tested a few 2Go’s and all the same. Without going into it too much and my conversation, I was very anti the update. I believe it’s made my connection worse, but after some real time tests indoors and also reactivating my Virgin WiFi away from Ubiquiti WiFi, we found a small question that needs to be asked.
Virgin WiFi through the Hub 3.0 finds DNLA, infact my Bowers and Wilkins Duos and Wedge popped up on Roon for the first time as did the 2Go. But trying to play it through the Virgin WiFi stuttered along on 192KHZ files on channel 1, I changed to channel 2 (just for testing) and it improved. So firstly on Virgin away from channel 1 I can only think channel 1 struggles with bandwidth, but for the most part, 2Go is visible.
Switching back to Ubiquiti, which has a solid 200mbps download on 5ghz and 80mbps on a 2.4ghZ channel, everything disappears. Roon now finds zero and my 2Go is blind.
Virgin has uPnP enabled but we are wondering if Ubiquiti UniFi desktop control panel has this switched off as standard, hence it’s blocking all DLNA and uPNP products from being seen because it’s deemed an enterprise setup although it’s infiltrating the home environment massively now and taking on Linksys so a key player, especially for audio and gaming enthusiasts with how solid and sturdy it is.
The issue is you need to buy a separate UniFi Gateway to access this setting which I don’t have, so my conversation with Chord is on hold until I can clarify this and then continue the search into why I’m struggling so much with this product.
Just to add, I work with many manufacturers in my job and sell many high end product, Chord have been excellent, very professional and helpful and initially making me believe their firmware has made my product worse, even though these issues materialised more after the update, I was Seeing it before but struggled with its connection. I think it’s highlighted more issues with how important the set up needs to be for the product to work properly.
My investigation continues as I’m currently without it unless hardwired.
If anyone can add any input about Ubiquiti seeing DLNA products and settings I’m open for advice as I’m hoping this is the root cause of all the issues I’ve been plagued with…

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #5,414 of 6,295
[edited]

Chord have always maintained right from the early Poly posts, that there were two prime reasons for using 2.4Ghz, and these were that in apartments built with reinforced concrete, the reinforcing acts as a faraday cage and blocks 5Ghz, plus that there was not enough physical room to fit a 5Ghz receiver inside the Poly case.

I expected that inside the larger 2Go case they would decide to install a 5Ghz receiver, to avoid another social media disagreement with owners.
However it was not to be. The faraday cage argument will still be valid.

A year down the line, the 2Go wifi chip has stayed the same, but the firmware has been updated.
[edited] Whereas a year ago there were many dozens of owners posting about wifi issues, there are now just a few owners posting about unfortunately still experiencing issues with wifi.
Suggests to me that the wifi chip was good enough, but it was being handicapped by the firmware.
Hopefully Chord can work with these owners, to identify if the root cause is the firmware, or possibly a router or streamer setting.
Others may well disagree with me.

However that still doesn't satisfy the owners curiosity about what wifi chip has been used.
Putting the very real 2.4gHz /5gHz faraday cage issue to one side. Of course we were well aware of alternative Bluetooth chip solutions, but many were for Poly rejected on their physical size and you are correct that these constraints weren’t an issue for 2go however many alternative chip solutions were immediately excluded on their power usage alone as 2go is a mobile ( battery ) and home use product.

May 23, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #5,415 of 6,295
actually, I was right, it scan and created 433 playlist, number is different, but there are many playlists.
and it didn't work still. all the issues I had are still the same.

Those playlist created don't play at all.
I checked them with PC mpdctrl app, it doesn't play either, and the error is no such directory.
I use mpdctrl to play song listed, it plays fine, and I created playlist, it plays fine.
BUT, it still doesn't show all the folders on the SD card.
I have 43 folders on it, and it shows only 4 or 5 when I do update db.
I guess this is only me, because my music collection don't have all tags on them, and it contains a lot of chinese/japanese album.
So, the firmware still doesn't resolve MPD server issue, for my case.
I doubt this is only you.

I think it is possible that a lot of special characters including diacritic marks on letters in the roman alphabet will create problems.

They created problems for me back when I was battling with playlists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back