Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 23, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #5,416 of 6,314
Putting the very real 2.4gHz /5gHz faraday cage issue to one side. Of course we were well aware of alternative Bluetooth chip solutions, but many were for Poly rejected on their physical size and you are correct that these constraints weren’t an issue for 2go however many alternative chip solutions were immediately excluded on their power usage alone as 2go is a mobile ( battery ) and home use product.
Thanks for the clarification regarding power usage.
It had puzzled me for a year, about what was the additional blocker for the 2Go.

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #5,417 of 6,314
After spending a good part of the night resetting everything (router, WiFi extender). I am happy to report a substantial improvement regarding my WiFi situation: 3 hours straight of 24 bit 192KHz and no disconnection! (Of note, I did not have time to listen but at least I did not see any drop yet)

What did I change? I removed the extender (RE7000) that, I believe, used to help a bit with network stability with the previous firmware (it created a wifi network only for 2Go and was 50cm from 2GoH2). Still, this was not good enough to reach the serenity/stability to make it useable.

I have now setup the 2Go to connect the router (linksys EA9500) and reserved an IP for it.

With the firmware update the device may have changed name (and lost the previously reserved IP). Could this explain why my firmware update did not seem so successful? I just really hope this sudden improvement is not due to the bank holiday weekend (resulting in less WiFi interferences). 😬

For those who may be in a similar situation to mine. A symptom I “used to have” was a drop from Roon and no more WiFi network signal in GoFigure (none amongst the three WiFi configured within 2Go had any signal, it looked like they were all out of range).

Of course bitrate is limited to 24bit 192 / DSD128, but at least I have now a message telling me the problem is “the audio file is loading slowly”, so adjusting the max bitrate solves the issue.
So if the WiFi holds, 2Go will be more than enough to me and the rare albums I have above this rate will be on the sd card.

I hope this improvement will last and will help others.

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #5,418 of 6,314
Virgin has uPnP enabled but we are wondering if Ubiquiti UniFi desktop control panel has this switched off as standard, hence it’s blocking all DLNA and uPNP products from being seen because it’s deemed an enterprise setup
Roon does not use UPnP or DLNA. As I noted on this thread I had both Linn and Naim gear working perfectly with Roon for several months over the same UniFi WiFi network until the house got rewired for Ethernet. So, it's nothing to do with UniFi's (configurable) restrictions on UPnP. In any case, my 2go shows on Roon correctly, it's just that play annoyingly skips now and then. Again, this Roon and network setup have been rock solid from the beginning with everything except the 2go.

May 24, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #5,419 of 6,314
Roon does not use UPnP or DLNA. As I noted on this thread I had both Linn and Naim gear working perfectly with Roon for several months over the same UniFi WiFi network until the house got rewired for Ethernet. So, it's nothing to do with UniFi's (configurable) restrictions on UPnP. In any case, my 2go shows on Roon correctly, it's just that play annoyingly skips now and then. Again, this Roon and network setup have been rock solid from the beginning with everything except the 2go.
Ok thanks for this but I’m a little confused.
What is Roon using to find and stream across with? Virgin allows MConnect and Roon to finds my devices.
Ubiquiti doesn’t allow Mconnect or Roon to find my devices so there is a solid pattern here for both Roon and Mconnect which is where I’m struggling.
I can use Virgin network only for my devices but it doesn’t have the signal strength to play without stutter where as Ubiquiti does, but can’t find them.
I’m looking at getting a Macmini from work to use as a Roon core but it will need to be on the 2.4ghz network, which is why I need to establish why Ubiquiti is just not finding any RAAT, uPnP or DNLA device.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #5,420 of 6,314
So is the 2GO working flawlessly now with this new firmware update? (I sold mine last year so I cannot test it myself at the moment).

And before anyone starts the BS about my router, every single streaming capable devices works flawless on my network, even 2160p HDR movies with 5.1 surround sound streams flawless on my network, so all problems is on Chord.

May 24, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #5,421 of 6,314
So is the 2GO working flawlessly now with this new firmware update? (I sold mine last year so I cannot test it myself at the moment).

And before anyone starts the BS about my router, every single streaming capable devices works flawless on my network, even 2160p HDR movies with 5.1 surround sound streams flawless on my network, so all problems is on Chord.
From my end (I've only had pops/clicks issues, nothing else like wifi or connection problems others have had), it's not flawless but significantly improved. Getting an occasional pop/click here and there. But it's so far and few between that it's okay.

May 24, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #5,423 of 6,314
What is Roon using to find and stream across with? Virgin allows MConnect and Roon to finds my devices.
Ubiquiti doesn’t allow Mconnect or Roon to find my devices so there is a solid pattern here for both Roon and Mconnect which is where I’m struggling.
Roon uses IP multicast to find endpoints, and its TCP/IP RAAT protocol to stream from the Roon Core to the endpoint(s). I have Ubiquiti routers in two site EdgeRouter at one with UniFi and Netgear switches, Actiontec MoCA transceivers, and an AmpliFi WiFi mesh network bridged to the EdgeRouter; and a UniFi Dream Machine at the other with UniFi managed switches and a UniFi Flex HD AP as mesh point. I don't have issues with Roon endpoint discovery at either site, and I never had to configure either router especially for Roon. While, I manage both routers through their respective Web interfaces for firewalls, mDNS service, etc., I never had to change anything to enable Roon connection to endpoints. The only issue I have is with skips while playing to the 2go. All other endpoints always work.

May 25, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #5,424 of 6,314
Yes thanks.
I’ve actually just ordered a Netgear Blackhawk to extend my original Virgin WiFi just for the Chord and B&W set up today to see if that solves the issue, and leave Ubiquiti to do everything else. I’m literally pulling my hair out with it.
It seems such a shame Ubiquiti is giving me such a headache
This is Ubiquiti on a dedicated 2.4ghz channel
6178E915-26B8-4342-BB92-753C909C0225.png

And this is when I then switch to Virgin 2.4ghz channel, everything appears, im
Really at a loss.

9851AECA-529B-48FF-8551-0BF0832A9DB1.png

Is there anything you can recommend I check in settings? I’m restricted without buying a security gateway to check uPnP settings.

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #5,426 of 6,314
Is there anything you can recommend I check in settings? I’m restricted without buying a security gateway to check uPnP settings.
From other troubleshooting I've done in the past, this could be a problem with IP multicast configuration, maybe relative to IGMP snooping/proxying. I don't think it has anything to do with UPnP, which Roon does not use. I've never seen that issue with my Ubiquiti/UniFi gear, but maybe yours got configured differently. What Ubiquiti gear do you specifically have? BTW, do you really need a security gateway to control it, or just the UniFi Network app?

May 25, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #5,427 of 6,314
Ok so I’ve had one of my IT guys here all day with me literally testing this to the limit.
We have decided to totally eliminate the Ubiquiti system and work off the standard Virgin hub 3:0 and test.
I’ve even bought a Netgear Nighthawk extender today placed downstairs to test distance and ensure I have ample signal which we believe we do as it’s sitting almost on top of the 2Go.
After 5 hours solid my 2Go still stutters with 192KHZ songs and also some 44.1direct from Roon.
We also bought the access point down and placed it inside my conservatory and had the 2Go within a meter of it and it’s still causing issues. Hard wired via Ethernet the 2Go works flawlessly.
we have exhausted everything including moving the Roon Core upstairs hardwired in with Ethernet also and 2Go still struggles.
We’ve had to stop and I was hoping eliminating Ubiquiti and going back to Virgin settings and WiFi it would have solved it.
I don’t think this is uPnP now and something else but just unsure what…
I’ve asked my friend to take the 2Go home with him and try on his network and see how we get on.
E042C4DB-05CF-4040-BCAD-D606985DC5A3.jpeg
1DE5ACEB-E4B0-48F5-BCEF-94555B181CA7.jpeg
2FF9D8C3-FAD4-4DAE-BC3D-DCF59D3A91F0.jpeg

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #5,428 of 6,314
From other troubleshooting I've done in the past, this could be a problem with IP multicast configuration, maybe relative to IGMP snooping/proxying. I don't think it has anything to do with UPnP, which Roon does not use. I've never seen that issue with my Ubiquiti/UniFi gear, but maybe yours got configured differently. What Ubiquiti gear do you specifically have? BTW, do you really need a security gateway to control it, or just the UniFi Network app?
Hey I have a Ubiquiti UniFi 8 port switch and end point running off the Ubiquiti portal, which sadly does require a security gateway to access uPnP but as you state I’m not convinced it’s this anymore, as Roon sees the devices now with Virgin no problem and still streaming is a struggle when next to the access point within 1 meter.
I wasn’t struggling before the update and Mconnect always streamed ok, but I’m not a believer in stating something is a cause until I find our why this is happening. I’m praying it’s a faulty unit, because we are both a little lost.

May 25, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #5,429 of 6,314
Roon sees the devices now with Virgin no problem and still streaming is a struggle when next to the access point within 1 meter.
Both before and after the update, my 2go would work for a while and then stutter/skip tracks, then again work for a while. No detectable changes in the environment -- stable network, same Roon and other software, no router firmware updates.

May 25, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #5,430 of 6,314
Hey I have a Ubiquiti UniFi 8 port switch and end point running off the Ubiquiti portal, which sadly does require a security gateway to access uPnP but as you state I’m not convinced it’s this anymore, as Roon sees the devices now with Virgin no problem and still streaming is a struggle when next to the access point within 1 meter.
I wasn’t struggling before the update and Mconnect always streamed ok, but I’m not a believer in stating something is a cause until I find our why this is happening. I’m praying it’s a faulty unit, because we are both a little lost.
Are you saying that you struggle more, the closer you get to the access point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back