Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
May 13, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #5,296 of 6,290
So I got the update. No problemo. When I run it it mentions the Android 10 thing. The app that was updated via the Play Store isn't finding my 2go (it used to, just fine). So I downloaded the PolyUniversal app from the Chord web page. I changed the security settings to install it and the APK tries to install but eventually says "Application not installed".

Anybody else had an issue like this? Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.

Do I need to uninstall the original (<10) app?

TIA,
Doody
I too have the same issue on my Note 20 Ultra. The play store update installs fine. When I run it I get a warning about BLE might not work. I ignore the warning and the updated version of gofigure finds my 2go OK and using a wireless connection I can find all my music on either sd card using BubbleUPnP.

Two things:

I follow all the steps to download the Android 10 version. I get the message that the app is installing but then also the message that says "app not installed" and a button to press that says "Done"

Secondly, when I open gofigure updated from the play store and access an sd card that has my previously created playlists then I can see the playlists fine. When I access an sd card that has no playlists I get a message inviting me to press a button to create playlists.

No such button exists anywhere in gofigure that I can find.

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #5,297 of 6,290
I was able to update it by deleting the old gofigure from my phone and install the new apk from chord's website. I initially had issues connecting to my 2go and at some point I thought it had bricked my 2go. Once i got the 2go running again I was able to open gofigure and connect successfully like before. I did not notice any difference with the new app and had to look at the app version to check if it was the updated version, it was. Version 1.2.126. I have a huawei phone though.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #5,299 of 6,290
Hi all,

Just to confirm. This app firmware update is in preparation of the arrival of 2gos new firmware on Tuesday 18th. Any changes will arrive with the new 2go update.

Please make sure you un-install the previous version of Gofigure before running the new one.
Greetings from the Poly thread.

@ChordElectronics, really pleased with the release of Gofigure update and the upcoming firmware releases in the next few weeks. Please consider cross posting updates on the Poly thread as not all of us monitor this thread (it took me a while to find it myself).

Thanks.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #5,300 of 6,290
I was able to uninstall the old version and replace with the website app. All is working fine, however the play store now has a permanent prompt to update the app.

May 14, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #5,301 of 6,290
Hi all,

Apologies for the extended period of silence. We've been working away through-out this pandemic with as much haste as limitations would allow. A largely reduced work-force has resulted in long delays in all departments, but we have some good news.

Our Poly and 2go control application ‘Gofigure’ is receiving an update. This update will align the application with 2go’s new firmware update arriving on Tuesday 18th and allow access to new features, such as automatic MPD playlist building. This firmware update will be closely followed by a Poly update.

The app is automatically available to all those on the App store(ios) and Play Store (android). Users of Android 10 and above will receive a prompt message when opening the application, which supplies them with a link to an alternative version of the application on our website. Due to changes in the Play Store licensing, we must provide an alternative version for users of Android 10 and above. This does NOT effect the performance of the application.

🔻 Download from App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gofigure-for-chord-electronics/id1344886041
🔻 Download from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.companyname.PolyUniversal&hl=en_GB&gl=US@

May 15, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #5,303 of 6,290
I have not played with 2GO for a while because of the MPD db and playlist issues.
I hope this new firmware will remedy all the issues, if not, I might sell my 2GO and maybe Hugo 2 together. Finger crossed.

May 15, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #5,304 of 6,290
Uninstalled the old version of gofigure and successfully installed Chord's Android 10 version.

Restored the 2go to its previous functionality without any particular difficulty.

Now all agog for Tuesday... 😬

May 15, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #5,305 of 6,290
I'm liking the new gofigure update , tidied things up somewhat and especially the fact Chord have removed the Qobuz/Tidal login areas. Neither service runs acceptably well when upnp-ing that way round... Way better using the built in music service interfaces like on m-connect.
Installing was a momentary pain when my phone said it wouldn't install the downloaded app from the website , so I uninstalled the pre-existing gofigure first , and then everything went hunky-dory.

I'm actually looking forward to the 2go firmware update now.

May 17, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #5,306 of 6,290
Upgraded iOS software is a major fail for me. (Yes, I removed the old version then installed the new one). When I try to access either one of my two micro sd cards, I get “Switching cards. Please wait." together with a never ending spinning pinwheel. Among other things, this means I cannot access all the playlists I created to make the device usable on a basically standalone manner.

Incredible to me how Chord stuff simply never works right. If it were not for Rob Watts dac designs this company would be f’d. I’ve owned the Hugo, Mojo and now Hugo 2 and 2Go, and could easily afford their top of the line products, but I would never even consider them. I will stick with dCS and others and will not ever buy another Chord product. It’s just too hard and no fun.

Attachments

• 37D1B5AF-F6F9-413E-B51B-46E2B947328F.jpeg
    37D1B5AF-F6F9-413E-B51B-46E2B947328F.jpeg
    479.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #5,307 of 6,290
Dear Chord: Now that your update ruined my device (can no longer access my 75 playlists on the sd cards that you forced me to make so your crappy software could play music from the sd card using your crappy app) can I get my money back?

p.s. Good luck with the new firmware everyone. (LOL) I’m not holding my breath it will even install let alone work let alone fix anything f’d up on the Hugo2Go.

p.p.s. Frankly, I was fairly sure updating the GoFigure POS app would ruin my device, but I risked it. Shame on me for trusting that Chord could actually get something right.

Attachments

• BE909114-FB1D-4978-B4B0-80CF1E457F15.jpeg
    BE909114-FB1D-4978-B4B0-80CF1E457F15.jpeg
    479.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #5,308 of 6,290
So today is the day! No update yet but its still early, only just gone 7am.

I also noticed today Amazon music HD is included for free with the normal subscription so I'm hopeful for better compatibility with Amazon music too, you never know.

May 18, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #5,310 of 6,290
So today is the day! No update yet but its still early, only just gone 7am.

I also noticed today Amazon music HD is included for free with the normal subscription so I'm hopeful for better compatibility with Amazon music too, you never know.
Also waiting eagerly. Though, I might not jump on it immediately and just wait it out because to be honest, 2go has been working well for me the past few weeks. Just curious on the release notes and what new features they added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back