Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Feb 27, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #5,102 of 6,295
No they don’t all have D rings how many times do I have to explain there are two types of case

I will also say this one last time- my case has D rings but no strap...

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #5,104 of 6,295
A little edgy tone from the manufacturer!

Feb 27, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #5,105 of 6,295
*grabs popcorn*

Feb 28, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #5,106 of 6,295
I will also say this one last time- my case has D rings but no strap...
You will have to conclude that your version was just a straightforward packing error.

Feb 28, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #5,107 of 6,295
You will have to conclude that your version was just a straightforward packing error.
I was going to say the same, whoever makes these for Chord messed up and packed the wrong version of the case in the box.

As long as the buyer is happy, then no problem, if anyone ordered the case with the strap and got the case without the D rings that would have been a pain.

I wouldn't have minded getting the case with the rings and no strap either, begs the question, why not just make the case with the rings and just include the strap for customers who want it? :)

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #5,108 of 6,295
I was going to say the same, whoever makes these for Chord messed up and packed the wrong version of the case in the box.

As long as the buyer is happy, then no problem, if anyone ordered the case with the strap and got the case without the D rings that would have been a pain.

I wouldn't have minded getting the case with the rings and no strap either, begs the question, why not just make the case with the rings and just include the strap for customers who want it? :)
It is a good question.

In general in manufacturing the fewest versions of a product which still gives coverage of the relevant market sector is to be preferred.

Fewer versions results in lowered manufacturing costs and less stock that didn't sell because it was in the wrong configuration. More profit.

In this instance the designer, @Mojo ideas, clearly decided that the desktop version without rings would be more desirable to that market sector, which is fair enough.

Any idea either of a design where the rings could detach or snap on and off would not fly, at least not with me. Rings that can detach when you want them to could also detach when you don't want them to 😖

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #5,109 of 6,295
I think it´s great there is a version without the D-rings. Just like with the MojoPoly I will use the case solely for protection when travelling, taking it in and out of my bag all the time and the rings would just be in the way. Kudos to Chord for that.

Feb 28, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #5,110 of 6,295
I think it´s great there is a version without the D-rings. Just like with the MojoPoly I will use the case solely for protection when travelling, taking it in and out of my bag all the time and the rings would just be in the way. Kudos to Chord for that.

I can see the sense in Chord only putting the D-rings on the one that comes with a strap so that people like you who only want to use it for protection don't get annoyed by unnecessary (to you) D-rings.

Let's face it, whoever is buying these cases has spent about £2,700 on the Hugo2 + 2Go (if they bought them new, maybe somewhat less if they bought second hand or got a good dealer discount) and they probably have at least one pair of very expensive over £1,000 headphones (maybe significantly over) so for someone at this level of the market who wants just the carry case but with D-rings it's hardly going to bankrupt them to pay the extra £10 for the carry case version (the one with D-Rings and a strap) and just throw the strap in a drawer, use it as a skipping rope for a midget, an unconventional neck tie, a battlefield tourniquet or whatever; the possibilities are endless. The line-up as it is gives everyone maximum choice without Chord needing to have three items on their store to cover all the options rather than two.

Feb 28, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #5,111 of 6,295
I think Chord quietly launched the case options in November last year, I don't know when they were first available though.

Mine is really 100% desk based at the moment so I went for the one without the shoulder strap to protect it during transport to and from the office. If I ever do take it out I have a shoulder case thing that I will sling it in.
They have only been just getting through to retailers recently due to covid and Brexit and the recent extreme weather in Europe and North America. We are looking into the missing strap or wrongly shipped case issue.

Feb 28, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #5,112 of 6,295
They have only been just getting through to retailers recently due to covid and Brexit and the recent extreme weather in Europe and North America. We are looking into the missing strap or wrongly shipped case issue.
Taking an impartial view, it does feel to me like a wrongly shipped case order, then some parties becoming defensive about viewpoints.
Let's accept that as the as:is, and think about the future way forward.
If the end goal is similar to 'Hugo 2/2 Go owners shall be able to use their Hugo 2/2 Go systems, whether in desktop or transportable mode', then I see less opportunity for disagreement.
To me, then perhaps all the cases should be offered with the D rings. The second option would be offered as the 'Hugo 2/2 Go' case plus shoulder strap. Maybe a third option where Chord offer the strap alone.
That leaves open the future possibility that Hugo 2/2 Go owners, would have the opportunity to use the Hugo 2/2 Go:
  • with no strap
  • with the chord strap
  • with a different strap, eg with the owners sports strap, or rucksack strap, or manbag strap, etc.
This suggestion is not intended as a dig at Chord owners, or @Mojo ideas , but rather as exploring how to ensure how all stakeholders can find their needs met.

Feb 28, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #5,113 of 6,295
Taking an impartial view, it does feel to me like a wrongly shipped case order, then some parties becoming defensive about viewpoints.
Let's accept that as the as:is, and think about the future way forward.
If the end goal is similar to 'Hugo 2/2 Go owners shall be able to use their Hugo 2/2 Go systems, whether in desktop or transportable mode', then I see less opportunity for disagreement.
To me, then perhaps all the cases should be offered with the D rings. The second option would be offered as the 'Hugo 2/2 Go' case plus shoulder strap. Maybe a third option where Chord offer the strap alone.
That leaves open the future possibility that Hugo 2/2 Go owners, would have the opportunity to use the Hugo 2/2 Go:
  • with no strap
  • with the chord strap
  • with a different strap, eg with the owners sports strap, or rucksack strap, or manbag strap, etc.
This suggestion is not intended as a dig at Chord owners, or @Mojo ideas , but rather as exploring how to ensure how all stakeholders can find their needs met.

Feb 28, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #5,115 of 6,295
I’m sure people would not want D rings on there case if they don’t intend using a strap. So we made two types of case
I certainly didn't want D rings....especially without having a strap. Any chance I can buy the strap separately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back