Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jul 2, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #2,881 of 6,290
I’ve changed from 15% headphone vs speakers to almost 100% headphone use over the last 9 months for a variety of reasons, not least lockdown conditions. This H2Go device has been invaluable. I have a pair of Diana Phi headphones which make for a very transportable solution with H2Go. I’ve said it before, but with my whole music collection on dual SD card, radio, Roon and YouTube etc via Airplay, the functionality is exceptional as is the sound quality. My H2Go cost about the same as I paid for my AK380 plus matching 380 amp a few years ago but the functionality and sound quality is in a totally different league. The latest and greatest AK SP2000 lists at £3,399. I’m not knocking AK DAP’s, I like them, but H2Go seems like a bargain by comparison. My main system is an Innuos Statement into BluDave, but H2Go has been getting the lion’s share of my usage of late due to the absolute convenience advantage - and the performance differential is definitely not proportionate to the relative costs of each solution, or even close.

The H2Go plus DiPhi provides a portable solution that gives performance and functionality at a level that I could never even have dreamt of just a few years ago let alone when I first got into putting a system together many years ago.
The aksp2000 cost about 200$ to make... talk about price gouging... should be no more than a grand.

Jul 2, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #2,882 of 6,290
Could someone here please chime in regarding the max sample rate of the 2go via roon?
Roon says 384 pcm as max but the 2go is capable of 768?? Thanks

Jul 2, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #2,883 of 6,290
The aksp2000 cost about 200$ to make... talk about price gouging... should be no more than a grand.

That’s a load of BS. The dual 4499 chips all by themselves cost around ~160 USD

Jul 2, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #2,884 of 6,290
Could someone here please chime in regarding the max sample rate of the 2go via roon?
Roon says 384 pcm as max but the 2go is capable of 768?? Thanks
I believe this is an issue of data transmission over ethernet. If you run USB direct, it'll do 768, but running over ethernet (Roon probably doesn't know if it's wireless or wired) it scales it back just to be careful. That's my understanding, but I may very well be wrong!

Doody

Jul 2, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #2,885 of 6,290
Seriously embarrassing. It will disconnect after 10 minutes and refuses to reconnect. Despite turning Bluetooth and WiFi off and on and forgetting the device via Bluetooth. Come on. This cannot be serious.

Jul 2, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #2,887 of 6,290
My Antipodes EX is a networked endpoint feeding a TT2 and it gets full 768k.

Jul 2, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #2,891 of 6,290
I believe this is an issue of data transmission over ethernet. If you run USB direct, it'll do 768, but running over ethernet (Roon probably doesn't know if it's wireless or wired) it scales it back just to be careful. That's my understanding, but I may very well be wrong!

Doody
It's a limitation Roon impose via networked endpoints. 2Go will play back higher sample rates via other methods or directly from the SD card.
Thanks @Doody and Matt

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #2,892 of 6,290
Does that use WiFi or Ethernet only. As I understand it Roon apply different certifications for WiFi enabled products. I'll double check this though.
It is Ethernet only. I think what you say makes sense.

Jul 3, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #2,893 of 6,290
OK CHord crew... ill pickhugo2 + 2go and ibasso max this coming week and compare all along with M15 ... mojopoly and MTT2 and give a NO BS review... its seems there is much floating around here.

If H2G does not win... well rob you are getting long in the tooth... and the soc guys will soon put chord in the grave.

I have zero bias here... lets see. NO IEMS... LCD4z and Sony Z1R

I am simply after getting as close to a TT2 thick sound for 4Z on the go... and no i dont mind walking around with a H2GO or MAX if need be. You girly men need to hit the gym.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #2,895 of 6,290
My 2go arrived this morning and, per Chord's instructions, I have just finished fully charging it.

While this was happening I've been reading this forum 😳😖

Now I wonder if I shouldn't just put it back in its rather lovely box and take it back to the dealer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back