Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Jun 24, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #2,731 of 6,290
I just tested (I think) what you’re trying to do. I used dCS Mosaic (player software) on my iPad to send music stored on the 2Go’s sd card (2Go on WiFi) to the dCS Upsampler for playback. Worked perfectly. The dCS Mosaic software found the 2Go as a UPnP server and played from it as expected.

EDIT: Also worked using mconnectHD selecting the dCS Upsampler as the renderer (Play To) and the 2Go as the server (Play From).

Mark thank you for sharing that configuration.

However. This is what @NYanakiev was talking about as well: 2Go on Wifi.

It is convenient to be able to access songs that on your 2Go SDCard w/o removing it. This will not net you any better sound quality than using a network storage device to feed your dCS upsampled.

I mean specifically about using 2Go on ethernet.

The more I look into this the more I am finding that no one is attempting this use case which hold amazing potential.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #2,732 of 6,290
Here is a basic list but primarily the update to Gofigure is to optimise operation with the upcoming firmware release.

• playlist refresh
• battery status fix (requires updated firmware)
• additional radio stations
• DSD/bit perfect volume fixing
• general prompt message fixes
• BT pin when connecting via WiFi fix
• toggle switch changes (Android)
• WiFi network settings stability improvements
• music services login credentials fix
• manual SUBMIT button in WiFi settings fix
• WiFi switching wait message.
Hi Matt,

Hope you can help...
1. My Hugo2Go gets very hot when connected to the USB power while on ,even if not listening, using CH2 USB charger.

2. 2Go does not switch off when I power off the Hugo2 by pressing the powerball.

3. Except for the "vinylpopsandclicks" unit and software has been working ok and not any sever dropouts or major issues on the connection except a few time and with above 24/96 streaming, however after I updated GoFigure I cannot establish any connection anymore using Gofigure and Mconnect app, does not show, nor can I add either Tidal nor Qobuz log in details in the GoFigure app does not allow me to save and states settings failed when adding.

4. Severe issues to connect again after a factory reset and only ones the USB charger is connected does it work to access Gofigure app, if on battery (fully charged both units) only the 2GO keeps toggling between yellow light on the network status for 10 sec to flashing yellow on the left side of the ethernet cable input and then over to blue on network status for about 10 sec and then repeat...switching back connected to USB charger it goes to solid blue, and when back to battery its starts toggling again, either way no streaming possible either connected to USB or battery, Tried using airplay, MConnect, Rigelian all with same result the 2GO is a now show?!

I have a stable 100mps wifi connection with no issues with other streaming devices in the house.

Please advise if there is anything I can do or is it a brick?
As of now, all I can use it as is a plugged-in heat exchanger.......
Should I contact support and have it returned?

Your assistance highly appreciated.

Jun 24, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #2,733 of 6,290
Hi Matt,

Hope you can help...
1. My Hugo2Go gets very hot when connected to the USB power while on ,even if not listening, using CH2 USB charger.
you've done the "hold the tiny black button on 2go for 10+ seconds to get it to reset" already?

doody

PS: mine gets hot too when it's just sitting there. so i hit the power button on the remote every time i'm done listening.

Jun 24, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #2,734 of 6,290
you've done the "hold the tiny black button on 2go for 10+ seconds to get it to reset" already?

doody

PS: mine gets hot too when it's just sitting there. so i hit the power button on the remote every time i'm done listening.
Hi Doody,

Thank for the above, I usually also do this and switch it off with the remote after listening unless I fall asleep while in desktop mode at night.
Yes have done this several times and no success, only switches off the 2GO...when I power on by the "Powerball" on the CH2 the 2GO should also start as far as I can read from the manual but mine does not always do this and 50% of the time , need to press the small button on the side. Ones on and on battery 2GO switches off by itself after a minute or so while CH2 remains on....only stays on while USB charger is connected, either way, no show on any app such as MConnect so I cannot listen to music anyway at this point.

Jun 24, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #2,735 of 6,290

It is convenient to be able to access songs that on your 2Go SDCard w/o removing it. This will not net you any better sound quality than using a network storage device to feed your dCS upsampled.

The more I look into this the more I am finding that no one is attempting this use case which hold amazing potential.

I just plugged a network cable into the 2Go with the other end of that network cable attached to my switch. Everything worked the same as I described With the 2Go on WiFi. Not sure if this is helpful. I likely am missing something. Do you want me to detach the Hugo2 from the 2Go and retest? I guess I can if that helps you (I’d rather not), but how can the behavior be any different if the 2Go is connected to the Hugo2 or not when acting as a server feeding a third party renderer like the dCS upsampler or microRendu, etc.? The requested configurations seem to me like storing music on a nas and playing the songs stored on the nas using Minimserver running on the nas???

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #2,736 of 6,290

See my last post. I’m sure I’m missing why this has amazing potential. I can play files from my nas running Minimserver. Isn’t what you are proposing the same but more expensive with WAY less storage. I can buy a 2 bay synology nas and 4tb of storage for pretty cheap.

Jun 24, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #2,738 of 6,290
See my last post. I’m sure I’m missing why this has amazing potential. I can play files from my nas running Minimserver. Isn’t what you are proposing the same but more expensive with WAY less storage. I can buy a 2 bay synology nas and 4tb of storage for pretty cheap.

Mark thank you for this. I'm going to be able to test this myself tomorrow, but this is really promising. Please don't detach the Hugo2. The 2Go does not work without the H2 attached. The tiny power led goes on if you plug it in, but it's not operational. The power on button is on the Hugo side if you recall, and without there is no way to even turn on 2Go.

As for your question, the idea is not to use H2Go as a NAS but as a network server for one of the Rendu products. If it works, then part of the promise is that no matter how cheap you can buy another solution, this is one you already have. It's added functionality for free. But, that's not why I'm excited at all.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with what Sonore or SOtM are trying to do with network audio. Maybe you're well aquatinted. It's all about noise. What noise does to sound, and the–vast–improvement that comes with mitigating that noise. Removing noisy components (i.e., PC) through networking has been a major move forward audio. The move is not being driven by convenience but sound quality.

This gets so complicated and a fuller discussion belongs outside the view of this thread. However, what is relevant here is that Chord makes excellent low-noise, low-jitter components. So, the exciting hope is that H2Go will not only works as a music server for free, but a high quality music server–for free.

This is already the allure of the 2Go+2Yu combo right. This is almost a $2K unit. As you said, you can do this for–much–cheaper. However, it won't perform like a Rob Watts designed product. I've been waiting on 2Yu, waiting, waiting, waiting. This is is the first Chord engineered streamer/server. But, if all this pans out, I can start now.

Jun 24, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #2,739 of 6,290
Mark thank you for this. I'm going to be able to test this myself tomorrow, but this is really promising. Please don't detach the Hugo2. The 2Go does not work without the H2 attached. The tiny power led goes on if you plug it in, but it's not operational. The power on button is on the Hugo side if you recall, and without there is no way to even turn on 2Go.

As for your question, the idea is not to use H2Go as a NAS but as a network server for one of the Rendu products. If it works, then part of the promise is that no matter how cheap you can buy another solution, this is one you already have. It's added functionality for free. But, that's not why I'm excited at all.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with what Sonore or SOtM are trying to do with network audio. Maybe you're well aquatinted. It's all about noise. What noise does to sound, and the–vast–improvement that comes with mitigating that noise. Removing noisy components (i.e., PC) through networking has been a major move forward audio. The move is not being driven by convenience but sound quality.

This gets so complicated and a fuller discussion belongs outside the view of this thread. However, what is relevant here is that Chord makes excellent low-noise, low-jitter components. So, the exciting hope is that H2Go will not only works as a music server for free, but a high quality music server–for free.

This is already the allure of the 2Go+2Yu combo right. This is almost a $2K unit. As you said, you can do this for–much–cheaper. However, it won't perform like a Rob Watts designed product. I've been waiting on 2Yu, waiting, waiting, waiting. This is is the first Chord engineered streamer/server. But, if all this pans out, I can start now.
Just successfully tested: 2Go to UltraRendu MPD/DLNA App-> M Scaler->Opto DX->DAVE->Utopia, controlled by mconnectHD. Works fine, even in 192/24. No vinylcracksandpops either :wink:

I tried something similar once ac couple of years ago. I have a pair of Devialet Phantoms at our ski condo and used Poly as a DLNA server with mconnectHD. I think I even had Qobuz working.

cheers,
muski

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #2,740 of 6,290
Just successfully test: 2Go to UltraRendu MPD/DLNA App-> M Scaler->Opto DX->DAVE->Utopia, controlled by mconnectHD. Works fine, even in 192/24. No vinylcracksandpops either :wink:

I tried something similar once ac couple of years ago. I have a pair of Devialet Phantoms at our ski condo and used Poly as a DLNA server with mconnectHD. I think I even had Qobuz working.

cheers,
muski

That's awesome. I have a few questions if you don't mind:

- Did you go direct from 2Go to UltraRendu or did you use a network switch?

- How was the sound quality compared to your usual player/server? What is your usual player/server?

- Would you test higher sample rates, e.g., 768? I know the Rendu can handle it. I'm wondering about the 2Go over network.

Jun 24, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #2,741 of 6,290
That's awesome. I have a few questions if you don't mind:

- Did you go direct from 2Go to UltraRendu or did you use a network switch?

- How was the sound quality compared to your usual player/server? What is your usual player/server?

- Would you test higher sample rates, e.g., 768? I know the Rendu can handle it. I'm wondering about the 2Go over network.
I just used wifi. My usual server is a Roon ROCK NUC. I don't have music with higher sample rates that 192/24.

I'd be very surprised if a direct connection to the ultraRendu would work. Usually a router is needed to assign IP addresses. Also, in order to control DLNA playback, the 2Go would have to bridge the wifi network to the local ethernet network (so mconnectHD on iPad could see it). Unlikely that 2Go would support this...

One weird way to do a direct ethernet mini-network might be to connect 2Go and ultraRendu to a laptop (like a MacBook Pro) using 2 USB-C->ethernet adapters. Maybe you could get the Mac to assign IP addresses, and also run a DLNA control app on the Mac. But I'd have to try it—seems unlikely. It's kind of a variation on the bridged network setup I did with Roon on MacBook Pro via direct ethernet to 2Go.

I'll try to do some critical listening a bit later.

cheers,
muski

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #2,742 of 6,290
I just used wifi. My usual server is a Roon ROCK NUC. I don't have music with higher sample rates that 192/24.

I'd be very surprised if a direct connection to the ultraRendu would work. Usually a router is needed to assign IP addresses. Also, in order to control DLNA playback, the 2Go would have to bridge the wifi network to the local ethernet network (so mconnectHD on iPad could see it). Unlikely that 2Go would support this...

One weird way to do a direct ethernet mini-network might be to connect 2Go and ultraRendu to a laptop (like a MacBook Pro) using 2 USB-C->ethernet adapters. Maybe you could get the Mac to assign IP addresses, and also run a DLNA control app on the Mac. But I'd have to try it—seems unlikely. It's kind of a variation on the bridged network setup I did with Roon on MacBook Pro via direct ethernet to 2Go.

I'll try to do some critical listening a bit later.

cheers,
muski

Hi. Wait, you're using Wifi too?

This has been really interesting. I've been trying to make clear, that Wifi is not the configuration that I think will improve SQ.

I'm trying to see if 2Go can establish a wired ethernet connection with the Rendu, without any noise contamination from a PC/Mac.

I'm beginning to think this will work using a network switch connected to a router. However, what would be so nice and simple is if it could establish a direct connection.

@muski, could I ask you for a favor? Could you connect the 2Go directly to the Rendu using an ethernet cable, and share what happens? Does the Rendu or your DAC show up anywhere?GoFigure, MPD controller?

Jun 24, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #2,743 of 6,290
@muski, I have the same questions you have. I'm hoping that since the 2Go is connected to the network router over wifi it can still assign the necessary addresses, and send that over the ethernet connection to the Rendu.

As you said, though I don't know if this will actually work.

Jun 24, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #2,744 of 6,290
@muski, I have the same questions you have. I'm hoping that since the 2Go is connected to the network router over wifi it can still assign the necessary addresses, and send that over the ethernet connection to the Rendu.

As you said, though I don't know if this will actually work.
I directly connected the 2Go to the ultraRendu with an ethernet cable. As expected, the ultraRendu disappears—the 2Go can't bridge wifi to ethernet. The 2Go is still visible as both a DLNA client and server, but perhaps because it's not getting a valid ethernet connection, it's not switching off wifi.

There needs to a be a router somewhere in here. You also need to connect a device running a DLNA controller.

Of course, a 2Yu solves this, too!

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #2,745 of 6,290
I directly connected the 2Go to the ultraRendu with an ethernet cable. As expected, the ultraRendu disappears—the 2Go can't bridge wifi to ethernet. The 2Go is still visible as both a DLNA client and server, but I'm guessing that because it's not getting a valid ethernet connection, it's not switching off wifi.

There needs to a be a router somewhere in here. You also need to connect a device running a DLNA controller.

Thanks Muski! I really appreciate you trying that out for me. That does make sense. I'll get to experiment myself tomorrow, but I expect I'll find the same.

it seems from what @Mark S said that the wired ethernet setup does work with a switch, which is fine. You may also want give that a try. It may have really fantastic sound quality, though this isl theoretical on my part at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back