Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Apr 29, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #1,786 of 6,290
No, it’s gotower.

I’m going to separate 2Go and charge it again

anyone using desktop mode?

I had this problem when combined unit ran out of juice despite showing desktop mode.
Split the units, charged separately and the joined together again.

Seems to be ok now & back in Desktop mode now (pink power light)

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #1,787 of 6,290
Sadly I was burnt on the Poly - in theory 2Go is an absolute must for me but I doubt I will ever 2Go near it at the price knowing the pain Poly involved. With music I basically just want to be able to turn it on and listen, I don't think that is unreasonable. The third party app crashing glitching blah blah stuff really kills it for me. Maybe I'm wrong?

Apr 29, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #1,788 of 6,290
No, it’s gotower.

I’m going to separate 2Go and charge it again

anyone using desktop mode?
Hi Peter. When Hugo2 is in desktop mode the power light should be pink/purple. If it isn't then there could be an issue with the way the units are charging. You should use the charger we supply where possible as that has enough current to charge both units at the same time. It also doesn't have a smart charging mode which may stop any power getting to Hugo2 and 2Go when they are in desktop mode. We are investigating the 0% charge bug in Gofigure but you can also check the battery level by unplugging the charger and looking at the light under the 2Go charge port. It should be blue when fully charged.Hope that helps.

Apr 29, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #1,789 of 6,290
Hi Peter. When Hugo2 is in desktop mode the power light should be pink/purple. If it isn't then there could be an issue with the way the units are charging. You should use the charger we supply where possible as that has enough current to charge both units at the same time. It also doesn't have a smart charging mode which may stop any power getting to Hugo2 and 2Go when they are in desktop mode. We are investigating the 0% charge bug in Gofigure but you can also check the battery level by unplugging the charger and looking at the light under the 2Go charge port. It should be blue when fully charged.Hope that helps.

Agreed. I have had my H2Go combo switched on permanently in desktop mode for around 2 weeks now. I use the Hugo 2 original power supply and it works exactly as you previously described it should with no issues whatsoever - apart from the 0% charge bug in GoFigure which is no big deal really.

PS - the pink and lavender lights make it look very pretty, although more my wife’s colour scheme than mine. It is good to note that you do consider the WAF element in your designs. :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 6:41 AM Post #1,791 of 6,290
Does MConnect only work when the 2go is in wireless mode? The 2go isn't showing up for me over my network.

Apr 29, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #1,793 of 6,290
Sadly I was burnt on the Poly - in theory 2Go is an absolute must for me but I doubt I will ever 2Go near it at the price knowing the pain Poly involved. With music I basically just want to be able to turn it on and listen, I don't think that is unreasonable. The third party app crashing glitching blah blah stuff really kills it for me. Maybe I'm wrong?
All I can suggest is hang on in there.
Clearly there are a few software bugs appearing with 2Go, but far fewer than with Poly, so I am hopeful that they will be quickly solved.
I have held off ordering 2Go whilst these issues remain, but continue to hope that they are resolved quickly.
So hopefully in a week or two, we will both feel confident enough to order. :relaxed:

Apr 29, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #1,794 of 6,290
This is an amazing device....here is my input..
  1. 4Tb worth of music on sd card...this irself with my pc there is no comparison...
  2. Able to stream the QUboz
  3. able to stream your music from ur iphone.
I had a i7 32gb ram on fanless case powered with HDplex with customized OS 2016 and i had 100 iteration of bug player and it was connected to Chord dave and i have not even used my chord dave and with hugo i dont feel like changing my setup.

I am waiting to buy 2yu to get this to my chord dave and some day buy HMS....i am settled for some years...let the upgrade comes...i have listened to more music in last 1 week then last 3 month...

V

Apr 30, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #1,796 of 6,290
That is brave of you. For me, it’s No Case = No Go.

The local shops here don’t have cases yet, so it stays inside for now.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #1,797 of 6,290
I contacted Chord support because I have had a some dropouts using Roon via my new mesh WiFi system. I got a mesh system based on feedback in this thread. Here is their email reply:

"Thanks Rob, MESH type routers present a challenge for 2Go and Poly as they're specifically designed to lock and follow a single point but we've got an Orbi under test and will be releasing revised software as soon as we can."

Based on their reply, maybe a mesh wifi is not the way to go??

Apr 30, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #1,798 of 6,290
I contacted Chord support because I have had a some dropouts using Roon via my new mesh WiFi system. I got a mesh system based on feedback in this thread. Here is their email reply:

"Thanks Rob, MESH type routers present a challenge for 2Go and Poly as they're specifically designed to lock and follow a single point but we've got an Orbi under test and will be releasing revised software as soon as we can."

Based on their reply, maybe a mesh wifi is not the way to go??

Ive been using a Mesh (AmpliFi HD) since Poly and no since 2Go without any issue walking around the house, I do have good coverage and no neighbouring WiFi by only issues I have ever really were pre Poly software V2.
I had Orbi before but stability in general was dreadful As they kept breaking it with firmware.

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #1,799 of 6,290
That is brave of you. For me, it’s No Case = No Go.

The local shops here don’t have cases yet, so it stays inside for now.

This was exactly my thought. Unless it's my work office, hugo2go staying at home. That said, I have one of those Valentinum leather cases on the way. Will post impressions when it arrives.

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #1,800 of 6,290
Could I connect the 2Go to my Qutest using a short female MicroUSB to USB-B?
Would it have any advantages over my trusty AK100ii, which acts as a streamer and storage all accessed seamlessly with BubbleUPNP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back