Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Apr 12, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #1,366 of 6,310
Didn’t even know the two are two separate types of connection..
The advantage now with 2go versus the first times of the Gofigure and Poly.
When we start Gofigure, Gofigure open the ble connection.
With Poly, before we need to open bluetooth, to choose the Poly and after start Gofigure.

About the bluetooth menu
I think that on ios, the presence of the 2 bluetooth icons can create confusion.
On android, only one icone and when connected a message explains if we are connected for audio or BLE.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #1,368 of 6,310
I’m hoping the issue of not directly connecting to WiFi is a software issue and not the 2Go.

When I attempt to connect via WiFi I get the blinking purple status.
I don't have any secret data :) but I wouldn't worry too much about WiFi issues being hardware related. Chord undoubtedly buys some super-common chipset to handle WiFi. The chipset they use is probably embedded in scores to hundreds of millions of devices around the world already. Really, the only thing they could screw up in that regard is completely botching the antenna and/or its connection to the chipset - and this is pretty unlikely. The fact that they don't support 5GHz means we're talking about a 10 to 20 year old technology.

Software or Firmware issues interfacing with the WiFi are way way more likely than a hardware issue.

Fingers crossed, as I still can't get WiFi working properly myself [which problem may be entirely not Chord's fault].

Doody

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #1,369 of 6,310
I’m hoping the issue of not directly connecting to WiFi is a software issue and not the 2Go.

When I attempt to connect via WiFi I get the blinking purple status.
On the Poly, blinking purple status is bluetooth audio.
On the 2go, when the usb cable is not connected, the 2go led status blinking purple too.
when I listen the sound of my TV with bluetooth audio.
But if the 2go is powered then the led status is fixed white.

This confirm my post 2:12 am

So for me Peter is in bluetooth audio.

For Matt.
I think that when the 2go is in bluetooth audio, the network status could blink purple too and it would be visible in Gofigure with an icon on the network line or on the line
« Play mode « actually automatic must be bluetooth audio.
So the new user would not be lost.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #1,370 of 6,310
Yes, it is quite annoying especially given how good the sound quality is when there are no clicks. Fortunately I don't have any connection issues and everything has worked as advertised. For WiFi I'm using a series of EERO routers. After more listening I think ROON over ethernet might sound the best. I have a PS Audio Direct stream DAC with the Bridge card and have never had any clicks or pops over WiFI.

Doody’s suggestion below to try different modes is good. On Poly, if it is searching for different WiFi networks (like when traveling) you can get clicks, so best to put it in Poly hotspot mode.

Apr 12, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #1,371 of 6,310
Mine goes through indexing if I turn it off.

the indexing of 1TB takes up to 40 min.

I’m going to return to 512 gb card.
Is there a way to turn off indexing period. Then only turn it on when you add music and are willing to wait.

Apr 12, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #1,372 of 6,310
I have random clicks no matter if I'm streaming Roon over WIFI, playing off the SD card or plugged directly into an ethernet cable! I might try a factory reset and see if that does anything.
Have you tried this in airplane mode?

Apr 12, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #1,373 of 6,310
Yes there is a plan to create a more generic FAQ to cover both products and individual notes. We are using this time to collect some common questions together to create something.
The new FAQs are starting to take shape. The streamers FAQ looks to be a mix of Poly and 2Go questions, so anyone struggling with their 2Go at the moment, may want to explore this FAQ :relaxed:
Streamers
Poly

Apr 12, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #1,374 of 6,310
Is there a way to turn off indexing period. Then only turn it on when you add music and are willing to wait.
I have seen no such setting.

That said, I bet there are a bunch of hidden switches - stuff the developers almost certainly did during testing. Unless they were billing by the hour :) there's no way they waited 15m or 30m or 45m for stuff to index every time they had to test something.

Doody

I'd love to see the "hidden" web controls at the IP address of the 2go. No way a dev team put up with waiting 30s to 60s every time they had to connect to switch the SD card :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #1,375 of 6,310
The new FAQs are starting to take shape. The streamers FAQ looks to be a mix of Poly and 2Go questions, so anyone struggling with their 2Go at the moment, may want to explore this FAQ :relaxed:
Streamers
Poly
As always you have the right kind of useful information, much appreciated this share.

Apr 12, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #1,376 of 6,310
as one who owns more chord products than I care to admit to and loves my H2 I am very disappointed at the difficulties in getting the 2go to just work....

Apr 12, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #1,377 of 6,310

That’s how it works for me.

Apr 12, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #1,378 of 6,310
as one who owns more chord products than I care to admit to and loves my H2 I am very disappointed at the difficulties in getting the 2go to just work....

Like? Sorry I haven’t read all of your posts. Happy to help if I can.

Apr 12, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #1,379 of 6,310
Reminder there is a SD Memory Card Formatter tool by the SD Card Industry if you want to do a factory fresh format. Sort of like a 'factory reset'.

So this will cleanly remove all the hidden cache files plus everything else. Should be better than your own OS format tool as your OS may add it's own coloring.

Use at your own risk as it's a total wipeout dude.

Mac
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/eula_mac/index.html

Windoze
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/eula_windows/index.html

SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0.1 for SD/SDHC/SDXC

The SD Memory Card Formatter formats SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card and SDXC Memory Card (respectively SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards) complying with the SD File System Specification created by the SD Association (SDA).

It is strongly recommended to use the SD Memory Card Formatter to format SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards rather than using formatting tools provided with individual operating systems. In general, formatting tools provided with operating systems can format various storage media including SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards, but it may not be optimized for SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards and it may result in lower performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back