Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Feb 25, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #376 of 6,290
Hugo 2 and mscaler owners also welcome 2yu as much as 2go at least some of them... I purchased hugo2 almost two years ago because 2go was in works.
I’m an M Scaler/DAVE owner and I don’t welcome the 2Go/2Yu package. Too many boxes, cables all over the place, strange controls, restrictive WiFi. I am sure I’m not the only person that would prefer a single box. For sure, the 2Go makes sense for Hugo2 owners. But the 2Go/2Yu proposition does not make sense for most other people, as far as I can tell.

Feb 25, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #377 of 6,290
Christer I had a chuckle with your post. It is all a matter of priorities. In my early days of skiing I used to pack my outdoor skiing clothes in with my skis in the long ski bag together with a few changes of underpants. My other 'evening' clothes were just what I wore on the plane.

One is only young once!
Hello Nick: Once I was both young and beautiful.
Now I am only beautiful.

My quota was limited to 15 kg so I had to pack my camera equipment in my suitcase in order to get my Qutest/Mscaler and headphone amp, headphone and chargers, cables, hardrives and laptop within the 5 kg carry-on allowance.
Your "snakes" tipped the scales by way too much.

I am used to 30 kg checked-in and 10 kg carry-on.

I did enjoy a week of downhill skiing earlier this year and a friend was trying to make me join another one in early March.
But I also seriously missed my swims in the Andaman Sea ,and when I stumbled upon this 250€ /29 days return flight online for the price of what a week of skiiing in Norway would cost just for skipass, I chose 4 weeks of daily swimming to get fitter than last time for late March or early April skiing instead.

Phuket is 70% down in tourism compared to normal and a surprisingly relaxed place to be right now.
As far as the Corona virus is concerned it seems to be more hazardous to be in northern Italy currently, judging from today's BBC news on the telly here.

But I think I will skip Canjam in Singapore this year again even if I decide to stay another month.

I usually stay 6 months every year in Asia so ony one month is very time short for me. I could have had a 2 week flight for as low as 150€.

Back on topic of Chord products I remember Rob saying he had been to a meeting with the local Chord rep here in Phuket,not so long ago.
I'd be interested to check out their place and selection while here.
Cheers CC
Just back home after a nice long warm swim at Karon Beach.
Gorgeous sunset too.
In Sweden I hadn't seen the sun for a month!
Apart from our skiing week in January and until now, weatherwise, this has been the most miserable winter I have ever experienced.
The only two things I miss here and now, are my Wave BNCs and my piano!

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #378 of 6,290
Putting the 5ghz wifi debate aside.

How is the Corona Virus going to affect Chords yearly tour of Asia, is canjam and other asian events going to be cancelled ?
Even if Canjam Singapore won't be canceled I suspect some of the products from China like fpga based daps possibly H2 competitors I'd be interested in audioning won't be there. That happend in New York and is very likely to happen in Singapore as well.
So even if I stay longer than a month here in Asia I don't think I'll go there.
Cheers CC

Feb 25, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #380 of 6,290
So when will 2Go be in stock? “Available now” turned out to be wrong and completely misleading.

My dealer is now suggesting mid March as a ballpark timeframe. I kind of regret preordering to be honest...

Some input would be greatly appreciated @Matt Bartlett

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #382 of 6,290
FWIW, I'm watching the app store. My guess is the app will hit the day the units hit the distributors. But What do I know :).

2go 2morrow? lol

Doody

That’s a pretty good approach, actually. I’m getting my Audiostore Prestige 3 server on Thursday- hopefully Poly will be up to the task until his big brother arrives.

I wonder if there will be an official H2+2Go case. Should have been included considering 2Go’s price, actually..

Feb 25, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #383 of 6,290
That’s a pretty good approach, actually. I’m getting my Audiostore Prestige 3 server on Thursday- hopefully Poly will be up to the task until his big brother arrives.

I wonder if there will be an official H2+2Go case. Should have been included considering 2Go’s price, actually..

That would be a cool idea, given like myself I have already bought a Hugo 2 case.

Feb 26, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #385 of 6,290
It's an alloy, not specific to airplanes.

You should go tell every company talking about "aircraft grade aluminium" that. There's more of them than I can count :wink:

Feb 26, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #387 of 6,290
You should go tell every company talking about "aircraft grade aluminium" that. There's more of them than I can count :wink:
Maybe there are different types though, post fabrication into alloy..... like gold is a material but it has different consistencies/purities.....

im fairly chuffed with my collection of aircraft grade aluminium, it might be worth something in a few years.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #388 of 6,290

I could, but I won't.

The term Aircraft grade aluminium is a buzz word and sales technique, and I don't think Chord are wrong to use the term. I really like the cases of all of my chord products, mojo's case is the best one in my opinion.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #389 of 6,290
I personally cannot stream dsd to poly on 2.4 g, but maybe it’s my house, but I don’t think so.

I can't recommend attempting to stream DSD over wireless, especially anything higher than DSD64, as the bandwidth required is quite high. Converting it to 88 or 176k PCM would be more sensible I reckon, if not playing back the CD Quality versions instead.

The 2Go/2Yu connoction seems to have receiced a universally tepid response

This is typical of new products that haven't been (fully) released yet. Until there are owners out there talking about them, most of the talk ends up being noise about how the specs aren't good in some way. I remember when Sennheiser's HD800 came out. Until people got a hold of them, they were thoroughly rubbished in discussion on here.

Why shouldn't those of us who just want to connect a 2Go to our Qutests using USB feel ripped off by having to pay £450 for an adaptor?

Who says you have to? I thought people were using USB adaptors with the Poly, so I don't see why someone couldn't make one for the 2Go and the Qutest or a regular USB DAC. The 2Go seems to be more than just an adaptor though, but if you don't need the other features, then a cable would suffice.

I’m an M Scaler/DAVE owner and I don’t welcome the 2Go/2Yu package. Too many boxes, cables all over the place, strange controls, restrictive WiFi.

If I had an M Scaler/DAVE combo, I'd be used wired to the 2Go/2Yu anyway. The wireless is obviously intended primarily for portable use. I'd sure as heck not want to have to deal with wireless issues while listening to music.

Feb 26, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #390 of 6,290
Yeah, another product range from John Frankspear.
Surely you mean John Franksenstein? Someone who uses spare parts to cobble together something horrific which is doomed to failure.

I think 2Yu needs a new lexicon.

Product concept - 0Clu
Pricing policy - 2DuU
Product delays - 2Qu
Software issues - BuHu
Initial assessment - DuDu
Marks out of 10 - ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back