Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 4, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #542 of 6,314
How many times are you going to pre-order, then cancel on this? Just kidding around, one should feel comfortable with the solution before throwing down the money.

Twice is enough. Also not happy about the “available now” release note, which turned out to be false. This isn’t the type of product I would normally preorder.

Mar 4, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #543 of 6,314
See below. FYI, these are solutions built around RPis, so they're not dirt cheap, but certainly cheaper than ~$1,250.

Also, why would that make you sell your Mscaler?
I was half joking about selling my M Scaler, but were I to hear a serious difference in the SQ of digitally identical sources I would be very disappointed, and I would want to know why because I don’t believe there should be.

Mar 4, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #544 of 6,314
I was half joking about selling my M Scaler, but were I to hear a serious difference in the SQ of digitally identical sources I would be very disappointed, and I would want to know why because I don’t believe there should be.

In my experience, it doesn't matter what DAC or digital "box" you're putting data into, digital source quality matters. (I'm sure people are tired of me saying that, but it's true.)

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #545 of 6,314

haha, ‘belief’ is something I associate with religion. Digital sources with the same file sounding different is fact and has nothing to do with belief!

Mar 4, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #547 of 6,314
Head-Fi needs to implement a feature of the forums that calculates what % of a conversation is relevant to the original topic :). This thread would be very avoided :wink:.

Anybody have any new data on availability other than "next week in Poland"? Best info I've been able to get is that there's a delay at Chord due to some sort of minor disaster at the factory or warehouse.

Doody

Mar 4, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #548 of 6,314
Head-Fi needs to implement a feature of the forums that calculates what % of a conversation is relevant to the original topic :). This thread would be very avoided :wink:.

Anybody have any new data on availability other than "next week in Poland"? Best info I've been able to get is that there's a delay at Chord due to some sort of minor disaster at the factory or warehouse.

Doody

Says the guy posting images to make jokes. How's the view up on that horse?

Mar 5, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #553 of 6,314
So when is this thing finally coming out:p Anyone hear/read anything conrete?

Mar 5, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #554 of 6,314
My recommendation will always go to Allo. I run a DigiOne Signature on top of a USBridge Signature powered by their "Shanti" LPS. It's the single best upgrade I've made to my system (in all seriousness). Over the last three months I've gradually been able to move from listening to my Hugo2/Utopia combo around the green level to down around red/orange.

The amount of low level detail that a good source can squeeze out of the music means I'm able to get lost in the music easier at a much lower volume level. The background is just so dark that the PRaT really comes out. I've never felt more "connected" to the music than I have with this source feeding my system.

Thank you for the link. I shall investigate further

It's really surprising what they're able to build around these RPis. I run Ropieee on mine to keep it as lightweight as possible, then feed it via Roon.

BTW, I always laughed at Roon as well, but it's so worth the money.

I am yet to be convinced by ROON (had a years subscription, which I have not renewed)
I still have the 3mth trial available via my Poly purchase but will probably leave this until I have had a look at RPi option especially one with DNLA, uPNP features.

Mar 5, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #555 of 6,314
I am yet to be convinced by ROON (had a years subscription, which I have not renewed)
I still have the 3mth trial available via my Poly purchase but will probably leave this until I have had a look at RPi option especially one with DNLA, uPNP features.

I won't claim it sounds any different. For me it's all about the UI/UX and having multiple sources seamlessly living together.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back