Chord 2Go & 2Yu Wired/Wireless Network streamer and S/PDIF adaptor - Official thread
Mar 4, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #526 of 6,314
Reminder for Android users. While Chord has had AirPlay support on the Poly, they have yet to give it Google Casting. I've pretty much given up on it at this point. It's my biggest regret about buying the Poly.

So if you care about that / plan to use it that way, be cautious.

Mar 4, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #527 of 6,314
An M Scaler and a DAVE and Roon/Qobuz. Would need to know what the 2Go/2Yu pair offered me over a quiet laptop or, for that matter, a Squeezebox Touch.

Honestly, for way less money you could get a really nice RPi based system that I think would stand toe-to-toe with Chord's offering (SQ wise).

Mar 4, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #528 of 6,314
Honestly, for way less money you could get a really nice RPi based system that I think would stand toe-to-toe with Chord's offering (SQ wise).

Any links for an RPi based system?

Mar 4, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #529 of 6,314
I chickened out of getting an RPi solution because I'm not computer savvy. Got a Bluesound Node 2i instead for about $500

Mar 4, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #530 of 6,314
I plan to use mine when traveling with my laptop and roon....for home use with the setup you describe it seems superfluous

Mar 4, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #531 of 6,314
I’m sure you’re right. As it happens I’m happy with my little laptop, or a Squeezebox Touch which I use sometimes for no particular reason. Chord would have to knock it out of the park with the 2go/2yu for me to be interested, and to make me put up with two boxes and a mess of cables, so I very much doubt it’s going to happen. A three figure price for a single box would be a lot more sensible for those of us who don’t own Hugo2s and who have no.requirement for portability.

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #533 of 6,314

My recommendation will always go to Allo. I run a DigiOne Signature on top of a USBridge Signature powered by their "Shanti" LPS. It's the single best upgrade I've made to my system (in all seriousness). Over the last three months I've gradually been able to move from listening to my Hugo2/Utopia combo around the green level to down around red/orange.

The amount of low level detail that a good source can squeeze out of the music means I'm able to get lost in the music easier at a much lower volume level. The background is just so dark that the PRaT really comes out. I've never felt more "connected" to the music than I have with this source feeding my system.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #534 of 6,314
I recently got an Audiostore Prestige 3 server, which works across Roon/Squeezelite/DLNA and UPNP.

It’s got a 1tb SSD and can stream to my phone/DAP/Poly/TV/PC etc. This is my single best purchase thus far.

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #535 of 6,314
I’m sure you’re right. As it happens I’m happy with my little laptop, or a Squeezebox Touch which I use sometimes for no particular reason. Chord would have to knock it out of the park with the 2go/2yu for me to be interested, and to make me put up with two boxes and a mess of cables, so I very much doubt it’s going to happen. A three figure price for a single box would be a lot more sensible for those of us who don’t own Hugo2s and who have no.requirement for portability.

I can almost guarantee you'd hear a difference between your current source and a good RPi based source. PCs just don't make for good audio sources.

I used to scoff at people that claimed the same, until I heard for myself.

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #536 of 6,314
My recommendation will always go to Allo. I run a DigiOne Signature on top of a USBridge Signature powered by their "Shanti" LPS. It's the single best upgrade I've made to my system (in all seriousness). Over the last three months I've gradually been able to move from listening to my Hugo2/Utopia combo around the green level to down around red/orange.

The amount of low level detail that a good source can squeeze out of the music means I'm able to get lost in the music easier at a much lower volume level. The background is just so dark that the PRaT really comes out. I've never felt more "connected" to the music than I have with this source feeding my system.

Complete agreement with you on this solution, RPi is quite easy, and Allo make it easier by providing the complete solution. Also, RPi based streamer world is quite popular amongst members of the Roon community. There are many threads on their forum describing the sound quality and ease of use. Of course this may not appeal to those who want all the same brand solution, and for that to each his own.

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #537 of 6,314
Functionality or lack of stability. I really don't mind being left out and not getting my hands on some of the first 2Go's in the wild.
I prefer feeling confident about a purchase like this first.

How many times are you going to pre-order, then cancel on this? Just kidding around, one should feel comfortable with the solution before throwing down the money.

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #538 of 6,314
Complete agreement with you on this solution, RPi is quite easy, and Allo make it easier by providing the complete solution. Also, RPi based streamer world is quite popular amongst members of the Roon community. There are many threads on their forum describing the sound quality and ease of use. Of course this may not appeal to those who want all the same brand solution, and for that to each his own.

It's really surprising what they're able to build around these RPis. I run Ropieee on mine to keep it as lightweight as possible, then feed it via Roon.

BTW, I always laughed at Roon as well, but it's so worth the money.

Mar 4, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #539 of 6,314
I can almost guarantee you'd hear a difference between your current source and a good RPi based source. PCs just don't make for good audio sources.

I used to scoff at people that claimed the same, until I heard for myself.
if that is true I’d sell my M Scaler. But what Rpi configuration do you have? I’ll happily try one out.

Mar 4, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #540 of 6,314
if that is true I’d sell my M Scaler. But what Rpi configuration do you have? I’ll happily try one out.

See below. FYI, these are solutions built around RPis, so they're not dirt cheap, but certainly cheaper than ~$1,250.

Also, why would that make you sell your Mscaler?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back