Choosing between philips fidelio x1 and Q701 headpohones
May 22, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #47 of 51
I know this is off topic but could someone explain to me how the dt770 pro 250 ohm have such a large soundstage for a closed headphone. Also why are they so dark sounding? Compared to most other headphones I've listened to the dt770s have a richly detailed but dark sound signature.  Because I purchased the beyerdynamic dt770s and I got to listen to the q701s I've made up my mind to just keep these and buy the Phillips later on with a powerful amp for the 770s. But I hope the burn in will help my dt770s with that dark sound.

May 22, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #48 of 51
The X1's are very comfortable. I find myself mentioning that a lot recently, however it's the truth and something that has kept them in my collection.  I think based on what you want, any of the HP's listed would have been enjoyable.  I don't doubt you'll like the X1's. Let us know what you think. I always like hearing praise of headphones I own 0.o 

May 22, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #49 of 51
Right now I'm looking for a store in new York to try the Philips.  I've already tried my dream headphone the hd800 and the q701and I purchased the dt770 so to be honest they all sound just as good to my ears. I'd almost say I'm completely satisfied with my dt770s but the lack of treble presence leaves something to be desired :/ of course I've tried to EQ the highs up a bit but I dislike EQing any headphone. Also with my dt770s I can now blast my music in school while my classmates are reading silently which is something you can't do with an open back. So these cans are really amazing just need more treble sparkle.

May 22, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #50 of 51
  Right now I'm looking for a store in new York to try the Philips.  I've already tried my dream headphone the hd800 and the q701and I purchased the dt770 so to be honest they all sound just as good to my ears. I'd almost say I'm completely satisfied with my dt770s but the lack of treble presence leaves something to be desired :/ of course I've tried to EQ the highs up a bit but I dislike EQing any headphone. Also with my dt770s I can now blast my music in school while my classmates are reading silently which is something you can't do with an open back. So these cans are really amazing just need more treble sparkle.

The Fidelio X1s aren't really the best headphone for treble in their price range, but I can safely say that everything they get right, they get very right. The treble will sound a little bit edgier than usual, less natural, and the bass is a tiny bit loose. But it's also one of the best headphones I've ever had the pleasure of listening to.

May 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #51 of 51

The Fidelio X1s aren't really the best headphone for treble in their price range, but I can safely say that everything they get right, they get very right. The treble will sound a little bit edgier than usual, less natural, and the bass is a tiny bit loose. But it's also one of the best headphones I've ever had the pleasure of listening to.

I would completely agree with this. Just as you eluded to, the treble might surprise you, but in a different way. Not quite sure how to put it besides how you did. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back