Choosing a "best friend" for my q-jays
Aug 13, 2008 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

cancam

Head-Fier
I've got my q-jays since July, it was impressive~~!!
beerchug.gif

However, I've tried all original sleeves provided by q-jays, they are not very comfortable for me. Also, the sealing is not too good.

Therefore, I am finding a new sleeves for it.
1. Comply foam
2. 4p's tri-flange <== (the size has been fixed)

I have only got two choices, are there any better one??
I listen to female vocal recently, not basshead...

Aug 13, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 15
You could give Shure Black Foam sleeve a go. A bit of stretching might be required, but it should fit better than the original Jays' foam.

Aug 14, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 15
Tried the Shure Black Foams and they can't fit no matter how much I stretch them. Removing them again was a pain as well. Do any of the comply tips fit the q-JAYS? Quite a pain to get the JAYS foam tips in Singapore.

Aug 14, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 15
You can remove the foam from olive and glue them onto the inner tube of the original Jays foam, if you want. That way yoy don't need to stretch anything.

Aug 14, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #5 of 15
I'm still unsure about this brand. I think I need a bit more info on each of their models.

But can anyone tell me quickly, which is the better of the two? The d-jays or the q-jays?? or are they the same thing!? lol lol lol

(31 more posts to go)

Aug 15, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #7 of 15
that's exactly what i am using: ety triflanges on q-jays. very happy with the sound, the fit and isolation.

what did u mean about the "size being fixed"? i had no problem using them.

Aug 15, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Repooc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still unsure about this brand. I think I need a bit more info on each of their models.

But can anyone tell me quickly, which is the better of the two? The d-jays or the q-jays?? or are they the same thing!? lol lol lol

(31 more posts to go)

The q-jays are a lot better.

There IS a reason why they cost over a hundred dollars more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back