Chocolate
Dec 14, 2004 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 93

stevesurf

Headphoneus Supremus
I came back from San Francisco a couple of weeks ago, and I've had Ghiradelli Chocolate on my mind. I've had all to do to not eat my sister's Christmas presents!

What's your favorite?

Andes
Droste
Dagoba Organic Chocolate
Ethel M
Ganache Chocolates
Ghiradelli
Godiva
Guylian
Hershey
Lindt
La Maison du Chocolat
Russel Stover
See's
Other

Dec 14, 2004 at 3:45 AM Post #4 of 93
I am not a chocolate connoisseur, but I do like it. Give me a Hershey bar, some See's Nuts and Chews, or a bag of M&M's and I'm good to go.

BTW, is there a bad chocolate?

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:03 AM Post #6 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
BTW, is there a bad chocolate?

For most of us addicts, I don't think so. After writing this post, I had to go down to my car for the secret stash of Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Squares, only to be stopped by my super in the lobby. It's Christmas time, and I had to give them some. I thought they were going to eat the wrapper and all
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #7 of 93
Is Hersheys even chocolate?
rolleyes.gif

I love chocolate, but don't have a favorite brand. I prefer very dark chocolate. I regularly buy big chunks of Ghirdelli because it is cheap at Trader Joes.

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #8 of 93
i love chocolate of every kind. give me anything and i'll eat it. but i just love dark chocolate!

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:31 AM Post #10 of 93
Have any of your guys been to Hershey, PA? For the PA high schools, the are are trying to move all of the PIAA events (state championships) to Chocolate Town, and I got to go there my Sophomore, Junior, and Senior year (our football team) and my Senior year (cross country). It's a pretty cool place, they actually have a small amusement park and a ride that takes you through a fake chocolate factory and shows you how it's all made. And oh yeah, the entire place smells pretty darn good
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:59 AM Post #11 of 93
Best I've had so far was Green & Blacks, which I found at a local health food mart. Quite pricey, about $4 a bar, but oh so good. I got the 95% cocoa (doesn't show up on their page, but it does exist) dark chocolate
evil_smiley.gif
Essentially cocoa powder and butter with just enough sugar mixed in to make it slide down.

For 'plebian' chocolate, AKA stuff you can find most places, Ghiradelli is my preference.

I've had Lindt, Godiva, and Sees, and quite honestly, I don't think there's all that much difference in their normal chocolate line as compared to Ghiradelli. However, Lindt (I believe it was Lindt, anyway... it was a year ago) makes quite possibly the best coffee crunch bar I've ever had. Dark chocolate, espresso beans... how can you go wrong?

Dec 14, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #14 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice
This is a shop in Asheville, NC with the best damn truffles ever....tehy are amazing. I never knew choclate could illicit that kind of bodily response, but they make you shiver...so damn good:

http://www.chocolatefetish.com/

You know, I've never been in there... go past it every time I go downtown, but never gone in. Ought to once I get some more pocket money.

Dec 14, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #15 of 93
Greek is not bad and very cheap in greece. Belgium is ok. I like french chocolate from the boutique stores. Very strong and darkish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back