Chocolate connoisseurs? Recommend some yummy chocolates and places to buy it online!!
Jun 29, 2005 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Imyourzero

Headphoneus Supremus
There have been at least a couple thread about chocolate in the past, and I've never really had anything better than Godiva so I'd like some advice on what I should try to start out with. I'm not sure if I should ease into it or go straight for the ultra-dark, less sweet chocolate.
biggrin.gif

Also--has anyone here ever ordered gourmet chocolate online? There aren't any chocolate boutiques around here, so I'll need to find a reputable online vendor with (hopefully) decent prices and service.

So let's get down to it. What are some of the best chocolates to try first? Preferrably the more affordable ones, since a college budget can't support $25 chocolate bars!
tongue.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 42
you're going to hear the usual suspects like godiva and ghiradelli sp? maybe lindt if they had a retail outlet.
but I buy my Belgian chocolate from this place with the greek name. look, they have a sale too.

http://www.leonidas-chocolate.com/

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:44 PM Post #3 of 42
Have you tried a Mars bar?

Disgusting items and far from "gourmet chocolate" but I'm on a 10 thousand post count by year end quest so that's the best I could come up with in the 3 seconds that were allocated to me.

Jun 30, 2005 at 12:33 AM Post #7 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMacDaddy
Lindt chocolate is my absolute favorite.

They usually have some at HEB's or other grocery stores, but I'm sure there is somewhere to buy it online.

yeah, as far as availability in texas is concerned, lindt is the best that ive had... the ones with the citrus/orange pieces is good... their dark chocolate is good... heck, anything lindt is delectable

Jun 30, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #10 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
Scharffen Berger

70% Bittersweet is my favorite.

I'll second the recommendation for Scharffen Berger. I also like Rapunzel.

Jun 30, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #11 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Have you tried a Mars bar?

Disgusting items and far from "gourmet chocolate" but I'm on a 10 thousand post count by year end quest so that's the best I could come up with in the 3 seconds that were allocated to me.

lol, SPAMMER!
tongue.gif

And I love my Berger 82% Extra Dark!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back