`ChiUniFi 6 Official Thread - June 16, 2012 - Sheraton Chicago Northbrook - 10 am to 5 pm
Jun 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #76 of 162
Quote:
The HPA5000 landed today.  I have it currently hooked up to my Meridian 808.2i.  I first tried the HE500 and it drove them easily and was too loud around 11 o'clock.  Next up, the HE-6 and it only had to go to between 13 and 14 o'clock (military time) to easily drive these.  Everything was dead quite.  I will report back later.
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG

It has been about 2 weeks ago since the HPA5000 arrived and it is breaking in nicely.  It really loves the 40-50 Ohm Impedance Headphones like the HE6 and HE500.

I have recently been listening to the CDs by the artist supporting Chi-Uni-Fi, 6 which are Anne Bisson, Halie Loren and Dev Avidon, through it and my Meridian and everything sounds very good. The instruments envelop you while the vocals pull you in. At times I think they are in the room. At the meet, it will most likely be paired with the Femto DAC with a laptop as the source. From the recent review of the Femto on Stereo Mojo, it sounds like it should be a great combination as well. I look forward to hearing everyones thoughts on this combination.

Jun 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #77 of 162
I don't think I can bring my EHHA Rev A, but please add the Bijou tube amp to the list.

Jun 3, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #78 of 162
Oh i forgot to mention in my last post, i would love if an Anedio D1/2 could make it. i would love to hear what all the hoopla is about with it, and it(or some other high end DAC) is probably my most likely next purchase.

Jun 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #80 of 162
Oh i forgot to mention in my last post, i would love if an Anedio D1/2 could make it. i would love to hear what all the hoopla is about with it, and it(or some other high end DAC) is probably my most likely next purchase.

One of our friends this year, Tweak Studio, is a Weiss dealer. If there is an interest, I could see if he could bring one to the event.

Jun 3, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #82 of 162
Quote:
One of our friends this year, Tweak Studio, is a Weiss dealer. If there is an interest, I could see if he could bring one to the event.

ooohhh, that would be cool too. i know ive kind of focused on the Anedio but its always best to hear equipment with your own ears. the DAC 2 or the 202 would be nice to have there, to compare with the Femto Dac as well!

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #84 of 162
Quote:
Oh I suppose so 
biggrin.gif

Are you bringing yours too? 

More than likely I won't as I have all the other equipment to bring including:

Apex High Fi Peak with Volcano Power Supply
Apex High Fi Arete with Volcano Power Supply
HeadRoom Triple Stack
Allnic Audio HPA5000
Sennheiser HD700
Sennheiser HD800
Audeze LCD2
HiFiMan HE6
HiFiMan HE500
Laptop
Silver Circle Audio Juice One
PS Audio Ultimate Outlet
Various cables and power cords
Most of the raffle prizes
raffle tickets
name stickers

I don't own a wagon or SUV to haul everything so it could be a challenge getting everything to fit.

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #85 of 162
Quote:

More than likely I won't as I have all the other equipment to bring including:

Apex High Fi Peak with Volcano Power Supply
Apex High Fi Arete with Volcano Power Supply
HeadRoom Triple Stack
Allnic Audio HPA5000
Sennheiser HD700
Sennheiser HD800
Audeze LCD2
HiFiMan HE6
HiFiMan HE500
Laptop
Silver Circle Audio Juice One
PS Audio Ultimate Outlet
Various cables and power cords
Most of the raffle prizes
raffle tickets
name stickers

I don't own a wagon or SUV to haul everything so it could be a challenge getting everything to fit.

You can park next to me if you need a source in that case. 

Jun 6, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #87 of 162
I will most likely be there!

I will bring these headphones:
Sennheiser HD 598
Sony MDR XB500

DAC:
Fiio E7

Anyone know if the raffle costs anything (cash only), and will the vendors accept credit/debit cards or cash only? I've never been to a meet before; pretty excited.

Jun 6, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #89 of 162
Quote:
I will most likely be there!

I will bring these headphones:
Sennheiser HD 598
Sony MDR XB500

DAC:
Fiio E7

Anyone know if the raffle costs anything (cash only), and will the vendors accept credit/debit cards or cash only? I've never been to a meet before; pretty excited.

It is a cash raffle as the raffle is used to pay for the event and any left over rolled into the next year event.  Tickets will be $5 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back